Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

can god answer this prayer

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

dino_1989

i have VERY ugly & Scary eyes , I'm praying god to change the way they look , do you think he will answer my prayer that

Why not ask for a change to how you feel about it?
Besides, this life is nothing more than a stepping stone anyway.

Rick said:
Why not ask for a change to how you feel about it?
Besides, this life is nothing more than a stepping stone anyway.

becuase people stare at me on the street cause of the way i look , thats why i try not go out side ,

Please is there anything god can do

dino_1989 said:
Please is there anything god can do

Don't forget that God made you to be who you are. To Him, you are the most beautiful person in the world. :yes Also, nothing is impossible with God. He can do anything.

But, if you're that self-conscience about your looks, why not invest in colored contacts? Your eye doctor can help you out.

Dino - Who says you are ugly?

So far as I can tell it is only you that says this.

The wrapping on a toffee does not tell you what the toffee is gonna taste like, and nobody is going to eat the wrapper anyway, it will be discarded.

You do not say exactly what it is that makes you feel this way. Is it what others see or what you imagine they see?
I know a man who has some terrible blemishes on his face, they are unpleasant to look at, but he himself is a wonderful personality. Light shines through his eyes. He looks directly into your yes and makes you ashamed not to look directly at him.

Have confidence in yourself, get out and about and dont think of what you look like but let the love of Jesus shine through you.

its really hard when people stare and laugh at you on the street...i wish god can change my appearance, i actually tried to kill my self twice

i hate being all alone, im 19 i should be out having fun

dino_1989 said:
its really hard when people stare and laugh at you on the street...i wish god can change my appearance, i actually tried to kill my self twice

i hate being all alone, im 19 i should be out having fun

Dino....

My heart goes out to you. What it sounds like you need is not so much a change but love. I cannot tell you how many times growing up I had to see the way others responded to seeing my little sister get off the bus of which is given for those with handicap. In time though, I came to find myself standing up for her and basically telling anyone who had a problem with her that they had a problem with themselves. For how can one love let alone, be kind to another if they do not love themselves?

She has a few features which others might find unattractive. Such as an upturned lip. A pudgy almost pig like nose, and rather big buck like teeth. Yet....when I look at her, I see an angel. Beauty, today's society still has yet to realize...comes from within. The heart is truly the most rare and precious gift any of us have to give to one another.

God made you beautiful Dino. I pray that in time you will be able to see that for yourself.

May God Bless You

Danielle

Dino I know exactly how you feel, as i grew up with nine brothers and sisters, they use to call me four eyes because i wore glasses. One day I went to Bill Gother's seminar and God broke me. He was teaching on this subject. This is what he said that Yahweh made you to look exactly the way you look; and to tell God that you do not want or like the way He design you it is sin, because you are telling the potter why have you formed me like this. Than he went on to say how many hollow beautiful woman and man are out there. Yahweh has given you something nobody has and only you can use that talent. Try to find out by asking Him what do you excel in, and start working on that talent so you will get to love yourself as a human being as long as you use it for Yahweh.
When you don't love yourself it means you do not love God; that is what he said and i was broken that night asking Jesus to forgive me, after all i look exactly the way he wanted me to look. The Apostle Paul was short and he was not all it and a bag of chips, but he was the greatest Apostle of the twelve in my book. Take care and work for His kingdom on Earth, we are just passing by and someday we will have a glorify body and better looking than Arnold's, or the most beautiful woman on Earth. ;)

dino_1989 said:
Anna1334 said:
nd to tell God that you do not want or like the way He design you it is sin,

how is it a sin ,God didn't make the way i look. A combination of parental genetics did.

According to scripture, all scripture is God-breathed. So, this may help.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well.†Psalm 139: 13-14

So, while science says that it's genetics, God is the one who combined those 13 pairs of genes.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well.†Psalm 139: 13-14

Can we be sure weather or not this Psalm is talking about the flesh or soul? :eyebrow

So, while science says that it's genetics, God is the one who combined those 13 pairs of gene.

I support science in this case, there is no evidence or even scripture that suggests God created any physical body (other than Adam, Eve and Jesus of course) to my knowledge. My :twocents is that God creates the individual soul or spirit and that blaming God for outward looks is not right, are we to assume that God is responsible for all birth defects?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Dino, and those who love you see beyond the physical flaws of societies requirements to fit in. Shallow people Dino wont ever learn the depth of pain they cause others until they stand before God or devine intervention. They cause so many other people to turn away from them, turn away a love they otherwise would have recieved....their loss, not yours Dino. They have all these perfect looking people around them, with inperfect love in their hearts.

God don't make no junk, but people sure can junk up themselves from what is really important in life while we're here in this world, and not of it. Have you ever thought how many times God used your eyes to protect you or to test the spirits of those around you. If they can't see beyond your eyes Dino and see the spiritman, then why would you want to be around them anyway? You may be a very gentle soul Dino, and your eyes keep those harmful people away from you Dino, but the person who truely loves Dino, can see who you really are....beyond the physical, into the spirit of who you really are. Turn it around for HIS glory.....see the gift of protection God has provided in the making of your eyes. Eyes you can see with Dino.

I so much agree with Carol.

Some Christians might flirt with the world for a season but some have cross to bear from the start. I can testify that true life is only found in Jesus Christ.

No matter what you look like on the out side God only cares about what is on the inside. Let God’s light and love shine through you until other Christians can feel God’s presence coming from you.

pray_persecuted_church.jpg

The bible speaks to this; consider the appearance of Jesus, not the Hollywood look the
biblical description.

Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Your in good company my friend

turnorburn

globe8.gif

Hey Dino,

I feel like pretty much almost everyone has something that dislike about their physical appearance. So sometimes we just have to let it go and let our strengths shine instead of our weaknesses.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back