Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can we agree on these

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Jed

I recently found this site and am very happy to have done so. I guess I have been living a bit of a sheltered Christian life and probably have been a bit naive about the variety of views being put forth by brothers and sisters in Christ. We must always be able to "Give an answer for the hope that is in us" but are also exhorted not to "strive about words to no profit". With that being said I'd like to list some primary doctrinal truths. I am interested in a simple "yea" or "nay". Nays need only be explained with SHORT and SIMPLE answers.
1. The Bible in the infallible word of God.
2. God is one that exists in three persons(Father,Son, Holy Spirit) The Trinity
3. Salvation is through and only through the final,finished,fully atoning work of Christ at the Cross of Calvary.
4. The Incarnate God Jesus Christ was born of a virgin.
5. Jesus Christ rose bodily from the grave and will personally return again.(hopefully soon!!) :)

Jed said:
I recently found this site and am very happy to have done so. I guess I have been living a bit of a sheltered Christian life and probably have been a bit naive about the variety of views being put forth by brothers and sisters in Christ. We must always be able to "Give an answer for the hope that is in us" but are also exhorted not to "strive about words to no profit". With that being said I'd like to list some primary doctrinal truths. I am interested in a simple "yea" or "nay". Nays need only be explained with SHORT and SIMPLE answers.
3. Salvation is through and only through the final,finished,fully atoning work of Christ at the Cross of Calvary.
5. Jesus Christ rose bodily from the grave and will personally return again.(hopefully soon!!) :)

YES 2 Timothy 3:16

[/*:m:3nx220wj]

YES Matthew 28:18-20

YES Romans 5:1-21

YES Matthew 1:23

5. Jesus Christ rose bodily from the grave and will personally return again.(hopefully soon!)

YES Luke 24:36-53

Great 1 for 1. I must admit, after reading posts for the last month or so I'm looking forward to see the tie that binds us all rather than a lot of disagreeing. But then again, if someone disagrees, have at.

Solo said:
Jed said:

YES 2 Timothy 3:16

[/*:m:1eqzjupc]

YES Matthew 28:18-20

YES Romans 5:1-21

YES Matthew 1:23

5. Jesus Christ rose bodily from the grave and will personally return again.(hopefully soon!)

YES Luke 24:36-53

:amen

Yes that is so :)

The Bible does not mention the "Trinity" its a Catholic invention still believed by some denominations. The Bible actually calls the Holy Spirit the "Spirit of the Father" , which it is.Not a separate "person".

That is correct, IF we walk in that salvation and not just believe in it by mental ascent.In other words, that salvation must bear fruit in and through us, if we are indeed saved. If we have no fruit, there is no salvation.

God sent His Son, to be born from a virgin.

Yes, and He will first come IN us, before He comes FOR us. The Bible teaches us that Christ will manifest in His "Body of Christ" before the end comes. This is yet to happen.

Cornelius said:

Yes that is so :)

[quote:297srv96]2. God is one that exists in three persons(Father,Son, Holy Spirit) The Trinity
The Bible does not mention the "Trinity". The Bible actually calls the Holy Spirit the "Spirit of the Father" , which it is.Not a separate "person".

That is correct, IF we walk in that salvation and not just believe in it by mental ascent.In other words, that salvation must bear fruit in and through us, if we are indeed saved. If we have no fruit, there is no salvation.

God sent His Son, to be born from a virgin.

Yes, and He will first come IN us, before He comes FOR us. The Bible teaches us that Christ will manifest in His "Body of Christ" before the end comes. This is yet to happen.[/quote:297srv96]

Big amen, C :yes

Jed said:

Yea! :thumb

Jed said:

Yes to all five for me.

I appreciate your effort to be "One" as Jesus called us to - however, I don't think the call is regarding certain ideology - but rather a submitted heart to our Lord and God the Man Christ Jesus (IMHO).

Nays need only be explained with SHORT and SIMPLE answers.

NAY - This is WAY to simplistic of a statement and ignores fundamental textual and canonicity issues. Nevertheless, I love reading the Bible and God is gracious in opening my understanding to it. I attended Bible College for 5 - 6 years in my 20s and received a tremendous blessing from doing so

NAY - The early church did not believe this as can be irrefutably demonstrated by a quote from Tertullian which I will provide when I get home. Also, for what it is worth, ICor8:6 along with several texts irrefutably reject this view, e.g. Jn17:3, etc.

Yea. This is pretty obvious.

NAY - God did not "incarnate" - He begat a son by His spirit.

5. Jesus Christ rose bodily from the grave and will personally return again.(hopefully soon!!)

Yea

Jed said:
No, I would agree if the word "alone" were included.

I would agree to this.....
"The Bible alone is the infallible Word of God"

Jed said:
Yes. But I would prefer more extended statements here.

Jed said:
Yes.

The word "trinity" is not found in scripture, but the doctine of one God and three persons is scriptural. This could be stated. Also that Arianism and other early Church non-trinitarian views on the nature of the God head were not found in scripture.

Jed said:
Yes, but it is a very short limited statement.

Jed said:
Yes

The problem with the statement is not what is in being said, but what is misses.

MDO

You may be right in your conclusions - however, we are called to draw those back with a spirit of gentleness. The post started by a sincere statement - and I think calling the poster forward with a spirit of humility will be a strong statement to the truth content that you have.

Best
Anth

PS I keep the 7th day Sabbath. Not necessarily because of the 4th Command - but because it is essential for my well-being....

I'm glad to see the majority agree. I tried to keep things as simple as possible for those who were looking for more meat on the bones of those doctrinal truths. To the two people in opposition: I think the bible clearly teaches that God is one essence manifested in 3 persons. The bible certainly refers to God the Father,Christ Jesus, and the Holy Spirit all as God. I'm sure all the verses that attest to this truth have been gone over here before so I won't kid myself into thinking I can change anybodies mind on this matter.

prough91 said:
Jed,
I could say the sun shone on my house today and someone wouldn't agree with me. :lol
Thanks, LOL
I know the forum is for discussion or even debate over biblical topics. But I wonder, when the lost view this site do they say " See how they love one another!" as was said of the early church. Or, do they look at the contentious nature of some of the discussions and think we are a bunch of nuts!! :confused

Anth said:
Or, do they look at the contentious nature of some of the discussions and think we are a bunch of nuts!!

Jed

They already think Evangelicals and Papists are a bunch of nuts - and for very good reason. They see hypocrisy ("pro-life" and "let's drop bombs on brown skinned children"), ignorance, irrationality, arrogance and oppression abounding starting from the leaders of their madrasas.....

I agree with them - how could I be true to Jesus Christ if I didn't. Jesus said even the children of this world are wiser than the children of light (or, something to that effect). Jesus is correct (again!).

Best,

Anth

Wiser than the children of light? I'd have to see that verse before I'd believe it. :confused

Luk 16:8 And his lord commended the unrighteous steward because he had done wisely: for the sons of this world are for their own generation wiser than the sons of the light.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back