Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can we agree on these

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Anth said:
C - Thanks. Maybe Glory might yet give me an iota of credit - not sure.... :shrug

Jesus was speaking of being shrewd in the ways of the world...is that what you were saying? I thought you were speaking concerning spiritual matters...in that case, you would be incorrect. If you were speaking of understanding worldly ways, then, I might give you a little credit. ;)

off topic: strange anth i missed that lets kill the brown children briefing care to brief this child killer on where this is occurring so that i might direct these bombs. after all if you have the proper intel on this please share.

you have failed to convince me that we actually are seeking out and killing children who are not threats. yes anth some children do commit crimes and murder, ie the rodriguez brothers. I guess that seems not to happen in war. :shrug Some kids are extorted by the enemy to shoot at us. We dont use child soldiers, the members of al queda do,

anth you are appearing to accuse me and ramsey of killing children.
i can defend my self , ill let ramsey defend himself.

When you knowingly engage in actions that will definitely result in murder...you are a murderer... I did not specifically accuse anyone here of doing so.

Anth said:
When you knowingly engage in actions that will definitely result in murder...you are a murderer... I did not specifically accuse anyone here of doing so.
What soldiers do isn't murder.

did the american soldier do that the jew, no

my lai was in nam and that is in the past,

the laws of war are being enforced these days, has there been some violations yes. But that isnt the norm.Even my lai wasnt. Nam was almost 50 yrs ago. Get over it,learn and move on.

should we then abolish marriage cause of the divorce rates, or the fact that one or a few teachers are abusing kids, then should we go stop teaching. fix the problem.

again that was a loong time ago. we did make mistakes yes, happens every war.unfortunalely.
ptsd causes that. not all these thing are ordered by the feds, my lai wasnt.
interesting when actually learns that about what is called combat stressors and how soldier react to them

these are the poor ways of dealing with that stress
torture of the pow's
killing of animals
shooting at already dead soldiers(enemy)
fratricide
dearlictation of duty
drug use
and all other types discipline problems

Anth said:
What soldiers do isn't murder.

I know 6 million Jews that will prove you wrong...

I know a village in Viet Nam called My Lai that will prove you wrong...
Wow. Two exceptions do prove the rule. Too bad American and Russian soldiers didn't stop that slaughter of the Jews. Hitler must have just quit on his own.

I believe as Christians we are to stay out of situations where we are asked to kill on behalf of a country. Our country is not from here. So when we realize this to be so, we can make career choices that will keep us out of such situations.

As far as governments are concerned, they carry the sword and they are ALL instruments in the hands of God. God sovereignly chooses who will rule over us. We only think we choose a vote, but God says its Him Who chooses.

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be in subjection to the higher powers: for there is no power but of God; and the powers that be are ordained of God.
Rom 13:2 Therefore he that resisteth the power, withstandeth the ordinance of God: and they that withstand shall receive to themselves judgment.
Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil. And wouldest thou have no fear of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise from the same:
Rom 13:4 for he is a minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is a minister of God, an avenger for wrath to him that doeth evil.
Rom 13:5 Wherefore ye must needs be in subjection, not only because of the wrath, but also for conscience' sake.
Rom 13:6 For this cause ye pay tribute also; for they are ministers of God's service, attending continually upon this very thing.
Rom 13:7 Render to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

We are to submit to them in everything, but not when they ask us to go against the Word of God.

The unity among Jesus' body, for which he prayed in the garden, by which the world will know that the Father has sent the Son, is founded upon the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus as found in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
1 Cor 15:1-4
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: KJV

Let us beware lest we are beguiled away from the simplicity of Christ and receive each other upon doubtful disputations. Doubtful disputations create divisions.

Let us receive each other as little children. Let the young men and the fathers care for the little children.

1 John 2:12
I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake. KJV

1 John 2:13
I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father. KJV

Joe

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back