Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can you detect someone high on marijuana?

Can you detect someone high on marijuana?

• Yes, every time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only when they are slightly high

• No never can tell

• Depends. I'll give my answer below

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Relic

Can you detect when someone is high on marijuana by some or all of the indicators listed below?

There are quite a few very predominant factors:

* Some people think they can walk around high on the drug and not be noticed, even though they don't take into consideration that their eyes are very glazed over and bloodshot, they can't even see straight and their reflexes are slowed down.

* They think they can think clearly and speak clearly, even though they might only be "slightly" high on the drug. They think they are making clear sense when in fact they are speaking jibberish nonsense. And they chalk it up to their own sense of humor when they sound like blooming idiots to others.

* They think they don't smell of the drug because they stuck a piece of candy in their mouth or sprayed themselves with something aromatic!

Well, just the same as I can spot a person that had onions, or smoked a cigarette, or had a drink of booze, I can spot a person high on the weed every single time.
All of the above indicators are dead giveaways! And never does anyone high on marijuana get one over on me.

I can also smell the drug reeking from out of the pours of their skin, even for a few days after they have smoked it or eaten it. Even up to a weeks time, the stench of it is still coming out of the pours of their skin! Just the same as a person that has been drinking booze or has eaten onions!

Is anyone else here as well aware of the person high on weed by all of the above indicators, as I am, or can you only detect by a few of the dead give-aways?

It saddens me to see people that think they need some kind of drug to feel better, to think better and to go about life thinking it takes drugs to make their study time and or their party time more fun.
What a shame that.... they prefer being made a fool of in front of sober people. what a shame that they think sober people are the ones who are missing out on being "more enlightened" and on life's "good times".
Dope is fools-gold!

God am I glad and grateful! I am drug free!

Sure there are some people that are dead givaways that's for sure. But i am willing to bet you a pay check that i know this one fellow that there is no way on earth you could tell. But then again maybe it is because i have known him for over 25 years now and he has been high 24/7 since then but he works, helps out down at the local HH projects, plays Baseball with a team, plays on pool leage, has 3 children and a wife, 2 of his kids are in sports and he never misses a game. He is just like you or I.

Just taking a poll. I'm not intending on creating a big debate on the good or bad of using the drug. I am well aware of the different opinions of several members of this board. And I know the opinions go from far right to far left of the spectrum.

My own brother was hooked on the weed for well over 20 some years. I don't think he does it as much as he used to. But then I don't see him as often as I used to. Regardless, I can still detect when he does. I did the weed for 6 years back in the 70's before I quit using it. So It's not like I don't know what' up with it.

To this day, I know several people that use the drug. That doesn't mean I don't love them.
Don't get me wrong,
just because I am convinced opposite of people who use it, I don't condemn anyone. That's not my job. However, I also have rights to state my belief about if I think it's a good thing or not. If they want to think differently, that's their choice.
My point is not whether they are the "odd" person in a group or are different from anyone as far as being a lovable or productive person.

My point is that I can detect when they are high,. and that I disagree with the ones who think they need it to improve their outlook on life, in that it makes them just feel good. Just like a drinker would say drinking makes them feel relaxed and good.

My personal opinion is mine. They have the right to choose what they want to believe. As well as I have my rights to believe it is not necessary to ingest drugs for recreation.

I didn't create this thread as a means to condemn anyone. If, and/or when, someone is "convicted" of their own transgression(s), their eyes are opened by God for them to see, when the time is of God for them to see, and God does the changing they would be seeking after. No man can do anything but to be an instrument of the good Lord by way of letting that person see and repent, of what they see as their own transgression against themself. That's up to them to make things right with God. I can only be me and state what I know and beleive. It may just be that by someone elses conviction and belief that mine is confirmed or changed. That' s just some of the ways in which the good Lord works.... through being in communication with others, we either learn or we don't. We either progress or we don't. We can do no good thing without the Good Lord's will working through us.

I just wanted to see what others thought about being able to detect when someone is under the influence of the drug.

Thanks for your input. It's interesting to see what others think. Keep em coming. The more that reply, the better the poll relsults. :)

DrDiotte said:
But i am willing to bet you a pay check that i know this one fellow that there is no way on earth you could tell.

Boy I sure could use that extra money! LOL

Let me at em! My nose knows! :-D

The best way to tell a stoner is red eyes, indecisiveness, and paranoia.

Some cover it quite well though but that is rare.

The best way to tell, other than sight and smell...

Accuse them of not sharing...

then wait for their reaction!

Hahahahahahahaha!

8-)

Hahahaha!

yeah! no one likes to be accused of being a boggart! Even when there isn't any marijuana involved, and it's the case of someone hoarding the chocolate brownies!

:-D

Back when I was smoking pot, my mother could always tell I had been smoking it if she saw me, but if she called me she couldn't tell. My voice never gave it away, but the eyes never lie.

Vic said:
The best way to tell, other than sight and smell...

Accuse them of not sharing...

then wait for their reaction!

Hahahahahahahaha!

8-)

Yes, I get it! :lol:

I just thought I'd make you "wait" :wink: for my reaction to your reply!

I've got a caseload full of them! And they think nothing's wrong with it! The pupils get dilated, they get the munchies, and get real giggly, and they smell of the stuff.

I've always said that THC(the substance in the marijuana) is one of the most harmful, AND they are the hardest to get to stop using. I have one guy on my caseload who is still here after 5 years(this is a 4-6 MONTH program), and he hasn't given a clean urinalysis the whole time!!!! :smt009

Depends how much of an addict they are. Some smokers can hide it fairly well but you can definitely tell who the loadies/burnouts are. They have pretty much burned up any braincell that allows them to say something intelligent. Its evident in everything that they do.

DkC said:
Depends how much of an addict they are. Some smokers can hide it fairly well but you can definitely tell who the loadies/burnouts are. They have pretty much burned up any braincell that allows them to say something intelligent. Its evident in everything that they do.
Duuuuude! That is SO not true.....what was I saying? And why am I staring into an open refrigerator? :rainbowafro:

jk :-D

When it comes to drugs everyone is different, some people get stunned some people act smarter, visine can hide red eyes, a chronic smoker always reeks of smoke. I went to school with guys who were high every day of it, and it is a fact that they will be smarter when on the drug then off, I studied drugs and behavior in university and its proven that when you learn something in a particular bodily/mental state you have a better ability to learn and use the knowledge when in the same state again.

Back to another point, I don't think anyone has the right to put down a person for smoking week if they a. drink or b. smoke cigarettes. Alcohol is a far more dangerous and addictive drug, and I bet my paycheck if there was no taxes on alcohol or cigarettes they would not be legal.

How close do I get to be to them? Even if the eyes don't tell, the smell always does.

BL

I disagree, you cant always go by smell, they could be smoking hash, hash oil, weed etc. the way it smoked as well, bottle tokes, in joints, hot knives and of course the smell of it itself, some weed stinks some has a mild sent. If someone hotboxed there car with a few weed joints there gonna reek for hours, a few bt's on the backstep you would never notice it, not to mention if they already smoke and reek of cigarettes.

darck

To my knowledge,
I have never detected a person while high on marijuana.

I won't you to know that at least one of us got the joke here.... :-D :-D :-D

There is a pretty simple test really.....Lift up their arm, if they drop it without resisiting...you got em. :)

The real question is if you can tell if someone is on Mescaline?!

Back