Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can you still consider yourself a Christian if you buy Chinese made goods?.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I feel kind of dirty and icky when I buy something made in China.Ive contributed to slave labor,human organ harvesting,who knows what else?.Watch "Factory City",and "American Factory",they are both documentaries about China.Have I corrupted myself in the eyes of Jesus?.

I feel kind of dirty and icky when I buy something made in China.Ive contributed to slave labor,human organ harvesting,who knows what else?.Watch "Factory City",and "American Factory",they are both documentaries about China.Have I corrupted myself in the eyes of Jesus?.
Sounds like something you have to decide for yourself.

Ok .so if it's not 100 percent not made in China .

My Tacoma and frontier have parts made or assembled in China .

What of oil from Muslim nations ?

Sounds like something you have to decide for yourself.
Oh Man,if you watch "American Factory" on Netflix,it is about a shuttered GM Assembly Plant that was bought by Fuyou Glass of China.Fuyou Glass produces front windshields for the automakers,those Chinamen are ruthless,they don't play by the rules.I felt a little frightened after watching "American Factory".I think there are currently over 200 Chinese owned companies in the U.S.

Oh Man,if you watch "American Factory" on Netflix,it is about a shuttered GM Assembly Plant that was bought by Fuyou Glass of China.Fuyou Glass produces front windshields for the automakers,those Chinamen are ruthless,they don't play by the rules.I felt a little frightened after watching "American Factory".I think there are currently over 200 Chinese owned companies in the U.S.
I'm hardly pro Chinese trade but honestly

Go buy a truly American made car part , especially after market you won't find it . Or of oem at times just as junk as the after market .my bil owns a body shop he talked about getting bad parts from the dealers is common and making them work .ie sealing head light assembly to prevent water from entering

Go buy a truly American made car part , especially after market you won't find it . Or of oem at times just as junk as the after market .my bil owns a body shop he talked about getting bad parts from the dealers is common and making them work .ie sealing head light assembly to prevent water from enter
A car I had a few years back,I changed a Ball Joint on the one side.A week later I had it the shop for an alignment,the service guy comes and tells me I have a bad ball joint,......Me,Huh?.Sure enough,the part I just replaced was bad already,the service guy told me it happens all of the time in their shop."Factory City" is about a factory in China where the workers live in big dorms across the street from the factory,everything in their life happens there.If employers in the U.S could get away with it,they would do the same thing the Chinese/American Manufacturers(in China) are doing.

They already do .and look up ,we'll shoot it will for you .we have mining towns and lumber towns and rr sectional history near by

That place had employees living nearby and paid with tokens .also my wife's family lived on a citrus Grove that they worked for a habit i still see for migrant workers and that is nothing new .when I go to okechobee I pass those . They work there and dont pay rent .of course the older corporate towns of fellsemere and other now ghost towns are relics .it's not new nor a Chinese thing .money then wasn't printed and even your house was built from lumber cut to clear for your house. Schools and all needed were local as supplies were just mostly locally grown or made .

With quality ,I work for a parts store .I have seen more catalytic converter failures on newer cars.my truck built in 03 .still has the original cat .it has 280000 miles on it .

I could go into the lumber history of Florida where towns formed and then disappeared.one such is ellaville .

A car I had a few years back,I changed a Ball Joint on the one side.A week later I had it the shop for an alignment,the service guy comes and tells me I have a bad ball joint,......Me,Huh?.Sure enough,the part I just replaced was bad already,the service guy told me it happens all of the time in their shop."Factory City" is about a factory in China where the workers live in big dorms across the street from the factory,everything in their life happens there.If employers in the U.S could get away with it,they would do the same thing the Chinese/American Manufacturers(in China) are doing.

Last edited:

Go buy a truly American made car part , especially after market you won't find it . Or of oem at times just as junk as the after market .my bil owns a body shop he talked about getting bad parts from the dealers is common and making them work .ie sealing head light assembly to prevent water from entering
Yeah, try to buy only American made and you'll be forced to make everything yourself for the most part.

Yeah, try to buy only American made and you'll be forced to make everything yourself for the most part.
The more I read on history .the more it seems to be a similar theme

While it is true we did make more locally and as a nation we certainly had imports .most don't think that the coke they drank was once bottled locally and so much that you often had a bottler nearby .irc
My county had the fort Pierce one while Okeechobee and had its own . Road conditions often drove this IMHO .none remain .now fort Pierce only has the distributor.

The more I read on history .the more it seems to be a similar theme

While it is true we did make more locally and as a nation we certainly had imports .most don't think that the coke they drank was once bottled locally and so much that you often had a bottler nearby .irc
My county had the fort Pierce one while Okeechobee and had its own . Road conditions often drove this IMHO .none remain .now fort Pierce only has the distributor.
If I remember correctly (could be wrong), when Sam Walton started the Walmart chain, his plan was to sell primarily American made, but as time went on, he discovered he had to change his plans.

If I remember correctly (could be wrong), when Sam Walton started the Walmart chain, his plan was to sell primarily American made, but as time went on, he discovered he had to change his plans.
Irc his family changed that after his death and Walmart went south .

He had tiny stickers that were in everything said made in America

Here a relic used up to the late 70s .

Back in the 1980's when I worked in the mining industry of Northern Minnesota, the phrase of the day was, "Buy US made!" particularly automobiles. Funny thing though, looking at the parking lot, not all union brothers and sisters felt that way. US made products usually come with a higher price tag and that can be a strong driver.

Back in the 1980's when I worked in the mining industry of Northern Minnesota, the phrase of the day was, "Buy US made!" particularly automobiles. Funny thing though, looking at the parking lot, not all union brothers and sisters felt that way. US made products usually come with a higher price tag and that can be a strong driver.
I'm more of let's not empower evil regimes.

Trade doesn't mean they will change .

Indian I heard just massacred a few Christians and China has a bad problem with human rights .

I also am. Not fond of the opec nations

Which China ?
The free one on the island, or the communist one on the mainland ?
As our government won't allow the individual countries to identify themselves, we can't know which one is making the goods we buy.
If it offends your conscience, don't buy it.

Which China ?
The free one on the island, or the communist one on the mainland ?
As our government won't allow the individual countries to identify themselves, we can't know which one is making the goods we buy.
If it offends your conscience, don't buy it.
Made in Taiwan versus China .

My truck has made in Taiwan parts ,door seals .

We made 50,000 Sherman tanks during WW2. We couldn't do that today.
We did force the big three to make them .in short car productuion curtailed .

Let's just say we have the ability to make munitions better then you think from what I heard .

Ford and all three made the jeeps and tanks. We also rationed power ,things that made covid lockdown look mild.

My fil participated in a mock Vero beach evacuation as a kid he with others were driven to polk county .rt 60 was narrow them and in parts a dirt road outside of city limits .there were curfews and lights out and food rationing and materials

Back