Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can you survive without technology

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

It seems that all forms of life depend on technology. But really, I think we can survive without technology --- I mean, zero percent technology.

I remember those days when we wrote letters: pen and paper! We are busier today with our cellphones than with our fellow human beings.

I think we can survive without technology: telecom, tvs, electricity, cars etc...and We would live longer.

Perhaps the only people that may not are the ones who are wired to one machine or the other in the hospital.

Let's go back to farming. Lets go hunt squirrels and antelopes, let's go plant some corn and watch them grow into maizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze :biggrin

The Amish do it. They retire at age 50.
Even wagon wheels require "technology" (formerly called "craftsmanship"). The fact is that there is nothing evil in technology or human inventions themselves. What makes it evil is when it is used for the wrong reasons and becomes an end in itself.

God put natural laws into this universe and gave human beings the intellect to discover them and apply them. We should be thankful for every invention and every inventor, as long as inventors and inventions do not become gods.

As to retiring at age 50, that should give the Amish another 50 years to invest in evangelizing the lost, not isolating themselves.

idk, we have plenty of locals here that are well over 72, close to 90. a few over a hundred. one such person still drives at her age of over 95.

I think many are unaware of how much technology is used to just sustain food supplies, clean water, livable climates, and medicine. There are people born with natural alements that without modern tech would die, but are functional and valuable members of society.

I think when people speak of technology, they are speaking more about the gizmos that are there purely for distraction or are used more as toys rather than tools.

I think many are unaware of how much technology is used to just sustain food supplies, clean water, livable climates, and medicine. There are people born with natural alements that without modern tech would die, but are functional and valuable members of society.

I think when people speak of technology, they are speaking more about the gizmos that are there purely for distraction or are used more as toys rather than tools.
florida wouldn't be very well populated like it is now without the train and car. nor would it be without the cure for malaria and other illness that are common to my state and elsewhere

It seems that all forms of life depend on technology. But really, I think we can survive without technology --- I mean, zero percent technology.

I remember those days when we wrote letters: pen and paper! We are busier today with our cellphones than with our fellow human beings.

I think we can survive without technology: telecom, tvs, electricity, cars etc...and We would live longer.

Perhaps the only people that may not are the ones who are wired to one machine or the other in the hospital.

Let's go back to farming. Lets go hunt squirrels and antelopes, let's go plant some corn and watch them grow into maizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze :biggrin

I dont think 0%

Technology does allow a lot more people. 7 billion today, compared to a few hundred million in days of yore. Farm machines produce a lot more food than oxen could. Fossil fuels keep a lot more people comfortable in the winter than logs did.

Of course, natural resources are finite...

florida wouldn't be very well populated like it is now without the train and car. nor would it be without the cure for malaria and other illness that are common to my state and elsewhere

I went the first 17 years of my life in FL without it, but now? I'd be out of here in a flash, if it weren't for air conditioning. Things would be unbearable here without it.

And all the toys? just makes it that much easier to be stuck inside in the dead of summer. :)

I went the first 17 years of my life in FL without it, but now? I'd be out of here in a flash, if it weren't for air conditioning. Things would be unbearable here without it.

And all the toys? just makes it that much easier to be stuck inside in the dead of summer. :)
I grew up without ac but as we age, I know from my asthma issues and its medically documented that ac is needed. I can work without it but the fact that ac systems help to breathe easier. the flilters remove the pollen etc.

I walked only a 8 mile route yesterday. it started at about 7 and finished at 11:33. I was fully soaked at my shirt by 8 am. I remember walking the first road south and was thinking man its not even two hours into this route and its not summer. yeah july and august

I think technology should be defined. After all, in the OP, pen and paper were mentioned. They are not found naturally but created by human technology. The OP said, "Let's go back to farming." The farm machinery from a simple shovel or hoe to the most complex powered apparatus are technology. The very practice of farming is technology because it requires humans to intentionally gather and process seed, work the soil, and plan harvest among other things.

The Amish are not devoid of technology. The pick certain types of technology to avoid but they do not avoid all technology. Around here they do not use self-propelled power equipment but they still use stationery gasoline powered equipment and they use other equipment powered by human or animal force.

We use technology to build our homes. Even a sod home would incorporate technology.

...and the leaves are for your healing. How about that verse? :chin

...and the leaves are for your healing. How about that verse? :chin
That's the tree of life.native plants to my state are for another thread.most palm trees aren't native to florida.we can eat one species called palmetto trees.we eat the heart.it is called swamp cabbage

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back