Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can't buy can't sell.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

Revelation 13 : 16-17

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Does it mean that there would be no private companies, industries - and firms? That is to say this government would have absolute control/power over all these firms? Or would these people only sell, or manage all these firms?

I wonder what this verse is talking about. At least can't Christians buy from their fellow Christians? Can't I own a private company and sell to brethren?

Or would Christians hide away from the world.

Good find, ill try to investigate more tomorrow i gotta head to bed. I created an account yesterday but am addicted!

and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Does it mean that there would be no private companies, industries - and firms? That is to say this government would have absolute control/power over all these firms? Or would these people only sell, or manage all these firms?

Right now almost all financial transactions in the modern world are credit card transactions. If the credit card number were put on your hand people might find that this stops identity theft, lost or stolen cards, or purchases from people who are not allowed to purchase. The technology for this control exists today.

Those who become Christian during this period will be sought out to be killed. Part of this process is hunting those who refuse to take the mark. Jesus speaks to this time when He speaks about those who either persecuted or helped "the least of these, my brothers". They will live outside the economy looking for food and shelter wherever they can find it.

In Revelation chapter six this period of time is described as starting with the death of 25% of the people on earth. A picture is painted of people who know who God is and why things are happening, but instead of being driven to repentance, they are driven in hatred of God and those who serve Him.

Definitely (That is, if some jerks won't try to claim everything.)
The beast is also refereed to as one that has 10 horns.

European union consist of 17.
Nato is an Alliance that consists of 28.
OPEC The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries consist of 12.
Opec might be something to pay attention to. Because it said "neither buy or sell"
I would have no idea how to correlate the number six hundred and sixty six with OPEC at all. But after all i might be completely off track.

I have to wait and watch before i can make assumption.

What makes me ponder off course is this "Mark" specifically on the "RIGHT hand"

Most look at that prophecy and understand the nature of taking the mark. They don't seem to look at what "worshiping the beast" means. My thought is that the later would be the heart of the matter and that being marked physically reflects the condition of the inner man.

What does it mean to "worship the beast" in this context?

"And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed." - (Rev 13:15 KJV)

"And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:" - (Rev 14:8-10 KJV)

"And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and [upon] them which worshipped his image." - (Rev 16:2 KJV)

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." - (Rev 20:4 KJV)

Last edited by a moderator:
Most look at that prophecy and understand the nature of taking the mark. They don't seem to look at what "worshiping the beast" means. My thought is that the later would be the heart of the matter and that being marked physically reflects the condition of the inner man.

What does it mean to "worship the beast" in this context?

This is how i look at it as well, until i am proven otherwise. I try to explain it in http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=42280&p=639588&viewfull=1#post639588 and so on.
However...
Rev 13: 1-18 might indicate that the mark of the beast might not be either or pertaining to the sabbath at all. Specifically verse 18 says "number of a man and the number of him is 666"

I would pray and hope that god is to open our eyes more so that we can better understand what the beast is.

I would say that means all sort of different financial pressure. Without the mark we literally can't make any transaction. Not only can't buy food, clothes, medicines or any commodites. Probably we can't even rent, own houses or apartments. For those who own properties, probably will lose it if that mark or chip require us to pay property tax through it. We may not even deposit our paycheck to the bank if that require us to show our identity through the mark. We may not even be able to work if the chip replace driver's license, SSC etc.

The situation will be dire and severe to the ones who refuse the mark. It will definitely testing time to all of us.

Sleep well:)
Welcome to CF.net:wave
Ok i been doing relentless amounts of research dude. ALOT!!! I might offend some people here, but this is the finding based on my research. My intentions are not to offend anyone. This has nothing to do with Catholicism Or any denomination for that matter but solely based on the findings and information which was cross examined through the bible! Bare with me

The title in the pope's mitre "Vicarius Filii Dei" which in the roman numeral system equals 666.

Revelation 13:18
"This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.<sup class="footnote" value="[<a href=&quot;#fen-NIV-30927e&quot; title=&quot;See footnote e&quot;>e</a>]"></sup> That number is 666."

So the Vatican was built on 7 hills and so on... Now speaking about the council of "7" It might be, that the council of "7" could possibly be pulling the strings behind these secretive organizations who speak behind close doors i.e The Bilderberg Group OR EVEN A GROUP MORE POWERFUL. I always thought the Bilderberg group was shady because...

Luke 12:3
"What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs."

Anyways...

Revelations 13:1 says
"Then I saw a beast rising up out of the sea. It had seven heads and ten horns, with ten crowns on its horns. And written on each head were names that blasphemed God."

The beast could be the antichrist and the beast also has 7 heads which is the council of 7. But even so the council of 7 could be just one person for the beast is 1, but it has 7 heads. So the 10 horns represent the 10 nations or kingdoms. The pope divided the world up into 10 kingdoms.

Now this is where things get tough....
[black here refers to hidden, evil activities, not to race or color]
There are 2 popes, the White pope (Pope Benedict XVIth) and the black pope (Adolfo Nicolas Pachon) Which was made President of the Jesuit Conference of Provincials for SEVEN NATIONS hmmm wierd

So the Order of the Jesuits was started by Ignatius of Loyola who was made elect by the Regimini militantis Ecclesiae.
Ignatius had a personal quote "Black is white and White is Black"

The President of the Jesuit Conference (Adolfo Nicolas Pachon) could be possibly much more powerful then the pope himself.

Revelation 17:12 says:

"The ten horns of the beast are ten kings who have not yet risen to power. They will be appointed to their kingdoms for one brief moment to reign with the beast."

Clearly indicating what is of the beast.

The beast seems as though it is the head of these 10 nations and the pope be the anti christ.

Looks like the papacy is the council of 7

The marks, seem to be less relevant and non physical but more spiritual.

What i would suggest is to pay very, very close attention to the european union or any other 10 collaborative nations.

Again Im sorry if i offended anyone. No offense was intended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, classik....

You've a far greater mark on you than one the beast can ever come up with...

You've been sealed by the Holy Spirit and have His mark upon you.

In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory. Eph 1:13-14

Don't worry, classik....

You've a far greater mark on you than one the beast can ever come up with...

You've been sealed by the Holy Spirit and have His mark upon you.

In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory. Eph 1:13-14

Maybe I'm more bothered about some friends and relatives who don't care about their future.

Maybe I'm more bothered about some friends and relatives who don't care about their future.
everyday that i live it becomes more shocking and more shocking. THis should all be a warning to myself, and everyone to change our bad ways. This is why we need to put on that armor and go out there man, and be strong!

What makes me ponder off course is this "Mark" specifically on the "RIGHT hand"

Yes. The greek word that is used means Right Hand. Contrast that with the Signs of YHWH, whos 'mark' will be on the Left Hand. Brings wisdom to the saying that " The right hand doesn't know what the left hand does."

Back