Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Casual Conversation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

SaraBeth

Hello everyone, new to the forum. Just wanting to talk to fellow believers! How are you all doing? Have a good 4th of July?

Thank you! I'm happy to be here. I like have this type of conversation. It's hard to find people around that believe the same ways!

Great, let's start with churches that teach Old Testament before Jesus Christ vs churches that teach the New Testament and Jesus's life! What's everyone's opinion on this?

Jesus is my best friend.
I don't know what I would do without him.
He gives me life and he gives me hope for an eternal future.
God is great.
He knows how to talk to us and teach us and give us a meaningful life.
I love Jesus!

I used to have a friend that went to a church where everyone dressed up! Women and girls were not allowed to wear pants, all of bible study and preaching were of the Old Testament! I asked if I would be able to attend because o don't own a dress or skirt and I was told that I would not be welcome! I was shocked!

I later then asked why it was like this, my old friend told me that it's because I'm the bible it says that women cannot wear the same clothing that men do!

I was just curious as to what you all thought about that?

Great, let's start with churches that teach Old Testament before Jesus Christ vs churches that teach the New Testament and Jesus's life! What's everyone's opinion on this?
Hi dear Sister SaraBeth, and welcome to our Christian fellowship in Jesus' name.
I'm not certain of the aspect of the Old Testament you're interested in so I'll just say a couple things till you reveal more.

Before the New Testament salvation was still by grace, i.e., Adam & Eve were given a covering of skins (Gen 3:21), and Abel presenting a offering the LORD had respect unto.
(Gen 4:4).

Long story short, why do we have such detailed illustrations written to us?
1 Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1 Thes 1:7 So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia.
We can become the same examples to others as we walk with Christ instead of just having our safety in Him; experiential possessors instead of merely professors.
Blessings in Christ Jesus. :wave2

I used to have a friend that went to a church where everyone dressed up! Women and girls were not allowed to wear pants, all of bible study and preaching were of the Old Testament! I asked if I would be able to attend because o don't own a dress or skirt and I was told that I would not be welcome! I was shocked!

I later then asked why it was like this, my old friend told me that it's because I'm the bible it says that women cannot wear the same clothing that men do!

they are %100 in the wrong the Bible only says dress modestly . if all you got is a pair jeans tshirt some type blouse . wear it . { women cannot wear the same clothing that men do! } this is true but also completely took out of context . a woman can over dress to same as a man . i wear good church cloths every sunday walmart dress pants and button up shirts . there has been times i wore jeans and a dress shirt. i have preached many times in jeans and nice t shirt. you will finds all kinds of crazy whacked out beliefs . i suggest you find a Church that teaches the new and old testament and one that will accept you with open arms . some times people can get religious and it fall into legalism .

both have to be preached the new fulfills the old .

I agree. The Old Testament is good information about the past time and God. The New Testament talks about Jesus life and how he did so we won't have to suffer. It's good to have both sides because it's all the bible and all needs to be heard.

Referring to the Old Testament and the New Testament. I've seen some churches split them up! And teach just one sided.

Referring to the Old Testament and the New Testament. I've seen some churches split them up! And teach just one sided.
I hate the term old. if its old then that means well some of those prophecies are faded away. the bible doesn't fade. the better way would be to use old covenant, new covenant which about what the messianic jews use, chadosh, brit chadosh.

The New Testament talks about Jesus life and how he did so we won't have to suffer.
SaraBeth, to me it depends on the place in Christ we want due to our sufferings, or enduring with Him. Do we want to be in the bride, or servants?
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; IF SO be that we suffer (endure) with Him, that we may be also glorified together.
2 Tim 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: . . .

When I mean suffer, I'm referring to being in the world without Him! I know I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't know Him! Before Jesus people just believed in God. Jesus was put on this earth to lead us in the right way. Teachings that would help us in life and lead us to eternal life. Without Jesus dying for us we would die physically and spiritually because we all sin. Therefore suffering would mean to me living in a world that didn't lead to eterna life in heaven. Sorry if I said my previous statement confusing! :)

That's funny, men back then didn't wear pants either!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back