Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Changing the bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Heidi

The goal in today's society is to change the bible to make it say anything anyone wants it to say. This trend would mean that there's no such thing as false teaching. Here's how people change the bible to make it say what they want it to say ( in most cases the opposite of what it says) under the guise of "interpretation":

1) Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 says; "It is permissible for a man to lie with a man as he lies with a woman. Such men do not deserve death."
2) Matthew 1:25 , "But he had no union with her forever."
3) "Matthew 23:9, "Be eager to call your religious leaders 'father' for they are equal to your Father in heaven."
4) Genesis 1:1, "4.5 billion years ago, God created the heavens and the earth out of an explosion."
5)) Genesis 1:5, "Each day lasted millions of years."
6) Genesis 2:7, "After billions of years, the Lord God formed man out of the womb of a wild beast and he grew into man after several more million years."
7) 1 Corinthians 3:19, "For the wisdom of the world is not foolishness in God's sight. On the contrary, man's wisdom is as wise as God's is." :lol:

Paul tells us in 2 Timothy 4:3, :For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine, but instead, to suit their own desires will gather around them a great number of teachers who say what itching ears want to hear."

Well the time has come, folks, as anyone can see all over the internet. And since I adhere to sound doctrine ( which many Christians have admitted they don't even know what that is) I am criticized for it. I understand why unbelievers criticize a Christian for believing the bible, but there's no excuse for people who call themselves Christians to do it. So if I stay on this forum long enough, I will be subjected to Satan enticing me to not believe the bible as written, but instead to make it say what itching ears want to hear . Too many Christians have become politically correct and consider the opinions of man as valid as God's. So they don't want to offend anyone by passing along the gospel.

So this will be my last post since I don't want to fill my mind with the opinions of man, but only the word of God. Anyone can know the truth if he believes the bible as written instead of changing it to make it say what he wants it to say under the guise of "interpretation." But that doesn't fool God any more than it fools the true elect. Each person will simply have to give an account of what he does on earth on judgment day. My conscience is clear because I don't change one word in the bible to make it say what I want it to say. If people want to chastise me for that, then so be it. I no longer want to listen to it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back