Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Charismatics ARE Cessationists

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What does James say?

He said if you go to the elders, and they pray IN faith, then that sick person is healed.

How can we deny what the Word says?

paul said this on timothy, he said timothy was nigh unto the death that the lord by His MERCY healed him

paul was his faith weak? did he not heal too when the lord chose him?

me thinks so.

Healing is somewhat of a mystery, not so much in the bible but as it pertains to the church today. The truth is that not many people are healed today(my observation). I have experienced actual healing from God and I have experienced trying to be healed and it did not seem to work. I also had the experience of praying to be healed for a considerable time and finally in kindness Jesus actually came to me and explained what I was doing wrong and how to be healed... and I believed what he explained to me and was healed. Bottom line, healing IS given to us through faith in Christ, but more often than not it does not happen.

Healing is somewhat of a mystery, not so much in the bible but as it pertains to the church today. The truth is that not many people are healed today(my observation). I have experienced actual healing from God and I have experienced trying to be healed and it did not seem to work. I also had the experience of praying to be healed for a considerable time and finally in kindness Jesus actually came to me and explained what I was doing wrong and how to be healed... and I believed what he explained to me and was healed. Bottom line, healing IS given to us through faith in Christ, but more often than not it does not happen.

It doesn't happen because PEOPLE DO NOT BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD!

One of the most important thing we can be caught doing as Christians is believing Him. If we believe Him, then we know we are healed, so it's not really an issue and I don't always have to think about that part of my journey and I can focus on what He has given to me as a ministry.

If you are saved, then you are already healed.

so saved children of God dont get sick or arent healed

interesting, i posted a testimony of my friend who was permantely disable from two spider bites, yet she did have faith and just said it wasnt in god will to heal her but allow this to happen and she had to rely on god alot as she had to live on disabilty

did she starve?
no
did she have no roof?
no
all her basic needs were met.

you had a personal visit from Jesus?
this is extremely important news.

please tell me exactly how He appeared to you, exactly what he said to you about what you were doing wrong, and what to do right. the church needs this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
But YOU are too dense to realize we are not talking about OT, we did not have the Holy Spirit in the OT now did we? We are talking about the NT, when Jesus went to be with His Father He gave us the Holy Spirit, in which we do healings and miracles through.

Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

<DIR>Isa 63:10 But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

Isa 63:11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Gen 41:38 And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?

Exo 31:3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,

Exo 35:31 And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship;

1Sa 10:10 And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.

Job 27:3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;

</DIR>

A dear friend was healed of cancer.
Another friend was healed of alcoholism
I was saved from a deadly car crash in a way that you would never believe.
Several people from infections, chronic sinus, toe infection and some other weird thing the doctor didn't even know what it was.

Now I told you Hitch, so have at it, deny it happened.
The Law required two or three witnesses ,got any?

I have friends who have overcome cancer, alcholism, avoided collision injuries etc too.

The Law required two or three witnesses ,got any?

I have friends who have overcome cancer, alcholism, avoided collision injuries etc too.

There were plenty of witnesses.
The Israelites also saw God do miracles and they, too, were in unbelief.

Yes, they did, and on the cross He took the curse away and said it was finished, we are healed already. If you become sick, say the prayer of faith and receive your healing.

FALSE.
physical healing is not part of the Atonement.

There were plenty of witnesses.
The Israelites also saw God do miracles and they, too, were in unbelief.

Focus Whitney I asked YOU for witnesses of what YOU claimed as several healings YOU had a direct part in.

so saved children of God dont get sick or arent healed

interesting, i posted a testimony of my friend who was permantely disable from two spider bites, yet she did have faith and just said it wasnt in god will to heal her but allow this to happen and she had to rely on god alot as she had to live on disabilty

did she starve?
no
did she have no roof?
no
all her basic needs were met.
I never said people don't get sick and either does the Bible.

Focus Whitney I asked YOU for witnesses of what YOU claimed as several healings YOU had a direct part in.

YES Hitch! There were DIRECT witnesses and people were even saved on the cancer healing.

You don't have to believe me, I don't really care. I KNOW what happened and so do other people. It was a miracle from God. That person is alive and well today!

What are the gifts of the Holy Spirit? Why do you guys deny what the Bible says?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back