Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Charlton Heston dies

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
ok life is terrible now. Heston dies on my birthday. Today was a hard day. Not the kind of day i would want for a Bday but you go with what is given to you right. anyhoos now its the 7th. I really enjoyed the 10 commmandments. I remember going to see it with my folks when i was not even quite 10 yet. It was at the ohio theatre in Columbus, Ohio. I'll mis Charleston Heston. David

I believe he was. He gave this confession of faith in an interview:

Under the direction of Cecil B. De Mille, Heston won an Academy Award in THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD and also played the memorable role of Moses in THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. "If you can't make a career out of two De Mille pictures, you better turn in your suit," explained Heston.

He commented further on De Mille's strong Christian faith and his understanding of how good the biblical stories were, enabling him to make some of the most honored films in history. Chuck told me that while De Mille was on a four foot ladder preparing a shot for THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, he fell and no expected the movie to continue. The very next day, De Mille came back on the set, gave everyone a New Testament and told them the saving Good News about Jesus Christ and how Jesus Christ had healed him. As the son of a preacher, De Mille knew how to present the Gospel. Chuck said that this event changed his life and brought him close to Jesus Christ. Years later in his four-part video series CHARLTON HESTON PRESENTS THE BIBLE, Chuck declared loud and clear, "If you seek the Lord, you will find Him."
http://www.assistnews.net/

And, in addition to this testimony, Heston worked tirelessly in standing up against the cesspool that is Hollywood and managed to stay above the fray. Most conservatives in Hollywood don't put their neck's on the line the way Heston did. He marched with Martin Luther King, Jr. and organized boycotts of racist businesses back when Hollywood was segregated and the only roles blacks could play were servants and prisoners.

In a speech in 1997 Heston argued that a liberal culture war was being waged against “the God-fearing, law-abiding, Caucasian, middle-class Protestant, or even worse, evangelical Christian, Midwestern or Southern, or even worse, rural, apparently straight, or even worse, admitted heterosexual, gun-owning, or even worse, NRA card-carrying, average working stiff, or even worse, male, working stiff because, not only don’t you count, you are a downright obstacle to social progress.â€Â
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 695075.ece

Sometimes you can best know a man by his enemies and since both George Cloony and Michael Moore felt that it was OK to publically ridicule the man even after he was suffering from Alheimer's, it's probably a good clue that there was something about him that was different.

May he rest in peace.

I've never seen those movies, and I think I'm going to order the 10 Commandments.

jeremiah7 said:
Was he a born again believer?
Absolutely :angel: though someone may wind up digging up some dirt on him anyway. :-?

I have a good portion of the Bible project he worked on several years ago, you know, the one where he reads scripture and narrates as they are walking through the Holy Land.

CHARLTON HESTON PRESENTS: THE BIBLE

"I'm not a priest or a scholar" said Charlton Heston of the ecumenical project. "I'm a story teller. These are the greatest stories ever told."

http://www.agamemnon.com/press.html

Sometimes you can best know a man by his enemies and since both George Cloony and Michael Moore felt that it was OK to publicly ridicule the man even after he was suffering from Alheimer's, it's probably a good clue that there was something about him that was different.
Yeah, Id' be mighty "proud" to have them as my enemy also. ;-) It grieved me, the way Cloony treated Heston. I'm starting to miss him already. :crying: He was a bright star among all the 'wannabes'. :fadein:

Some of my favorite quotes of Charlton's are all from the same movie. :-D

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!" :lol:

"It's a mad house. A mad house!" (and it still is, brother)

and the one I will only quote partially

"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! ..."

Back