Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ applies redemption as well!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Christ's Covenantal Death, opens the eyes of the blind !

Did you know that one of the purposes and residual effects of Christ's Death for all whom He died is that they will have spiritual eyes open ? Isa 42:6-7

I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; See Rom 8:32
7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Gods elect are by nature spiritually blind, but Christ's death for them effects an opening of their spiritually blind eyes. Jesus said once that His purpose for coming was Judgment, observe Jn 9:39

And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that[hina of purpose] they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Thats why He says His Fathers Will was this Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Believing on Him accompanies the seeing of Him, and this was the result and the will of Him that sent Him, that gave Him to be a Covenant of the People, the People of the Elect or His Sheep, or His Body the Church ! 61

Christ's Covenantal Death, opens the eyes of the blind !2

The Opening of the blind eyes here in Isa 42:7 is not speaking of regular physical blindness, but a spiritual blindness of the mind as per Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

This is important because true conversion must and does believe with the heart Rom 10:10

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

But not possible if in our native blindness of heart.

Man cant believe the Gospel with a blinded mind 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

In fact being in that condition is being in a lost condition.

Now that this opening of blind eyes has to do with bringing them to Faith or Believing is confirmed by the next phrase as to what the Covenant Death of Christ Effects, Isa 42:7

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Now what meaneth this "to bring out the prisoners from the prison" ? Why its the prison of unbelief !

Christ's Covenantal Death, opens the eyes of the blind !3

Isa 42:7

This is the prison house of unbelief ! Paul writing to the Romans Chapter 11, speaking of both jew and gentile elect writes this Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

In Gods Purpose of Mercy for the Elect both of the jews and gentiles He concluded them in unbelief. What does the word concluded mean ? Its the greek word sygkleiō and means

1. to shut up together, enclose
    1. of a shoal of fishes in a net
    2. to shut up on all sides, shut up completely

The word is used here as shutting of a prison Acts 5:23

Saying, The prison truly found we shut with all safety, and the keepers standing without before the doors: but when we had opened, we found no man within.

The Elect as well as all men by nature are imprisoned in Unbelief !

However the Death of Christ effects a bringing out of the prison of unbelief ! 62

Two blessings accomplished by the death of Christ:

#1. The death of Christ accomplished for them it was for " Remission of sins" which is Justification.See Matt 26:28

#2.It shall purge the conscience from dead works to serve the Living God Heb 9:14

Christ by His vicarious death achieved Salvation. When He suffered and died for the sins of all those given Him of His Father, the Elect, He bare their sins in His body 1 Pet 2:24, hence His death brings them to God 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Thats Salvation being brought to God BY HIM Heb 7:25

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

How do they come to God BY HIm ? 1 Pet 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh !

The sins of Gods sheep/elect,chosen were charged to Christ and they became His, so God punished Christ for their sins, the sins they committed that earned them the wages of death, even eternal death Rom 6:23a.

So Christ paid the full debt they owed to Gods law and justice so that they have in and through Him the forgiveness of sins, through His Blood Col 1:14

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Thats Salvation Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his peopleby the remission of their sins,

It imputes righteousness without works !

Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Those whose sins are forgiven through the blood of Christ, see Vs 7 have also righteousness given them. See all of Christ's Suretyship righteousness, as He lived in perfect holy obedience to the Law of God, for He perfectly did this which is required Matt 22:37-40

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Christ did this perfectly in His Mind Will and Affections, and this Righteousness is given as a free Gift to all for whom He lived and died.

And so Paul understanding this Suretyship righteousness writes Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

See Christ's one Surety-ship obedience makes many righteous !

The accomplishment of Christ's death for those He died, it gives them the right to Spiritual Life from Christ ! Christ as their Savior raises them from the dead, that spiritual death they incurred in Adam. All of them died in Adam because of sin Rom 5:12, death reigned because of sin upon them Rom 5:17,21

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

But since Christ by His death put away their sins and offences, they through Him have the right to being raised from the spiritual dead, so hence its said of them Eph 2:1,5

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Quicken means made alive, given life. These are the ones that believe on Him, for they had the right to be called the children of God Jn 1:12

But as many as received him, to them gave he power or right to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

To become the manifested children of God they must first be made alive, because God is the God of the Living and not the dead Matt 22:32

I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.62

It gives life unto serving the living God !

Another way we know that Christ didnt die for all without exception is by realizing that those He did die for, or shed His blood for,
they are made to serve the living God, observe Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

"How much more shall the blood of Christ purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"To serve the Living God or to Worship Him must be in Spirit and Truth Jn 4:23-24

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

And so Spiritual life must be given in order for this to happen. Spiritually dead sinners cant serve/worship the True Living God ! But those Christ shed His Blood for shall come to do that, and credit goes to the Blood of Christ ! 64

The results of Christ death !

Its easy to see from scripture that Christ didnt die for all without exception simply because all without exception receive the saving and sanctifying results of His death. Only His Sheep do, or Gods Elect, or His Church do, who He specifically die for Jn 10:15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

We may be specific when scripture is specific ! See all are not sanctified [set apart for God] however all those Christ died for are Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering[Death] of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Its no such thing in scripture as a death of Christ that didnt sanctify them He died for !

The results of Christ death ! cont,

It causes the spiritually blind to spiritually see.

Now all men are by nature spiritually blind and cant see spiritually. Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

The blindness is a spiritual blindness of the heart.

All by nature are lost and blind 2 Cor 3:14; 4:4

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

But fortunately for the Sheep Christ death remedies that blindness, Jesus came for that purpose Jn 9:39

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Notice this Prophecy of the work of Christ Isa 42:1,6-7

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

The Judgment Jesus spoke of in Jn 9:39 is the same in Isa 42:1,7 to open up blind eyes, and it didnt mean just for jews, it meant elect gentiles also

Jesus says in Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth[spiritually] the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Theres no such thing as a sinner remaining spiritually blind who Christ died for ! Yet many shall remain spiritually blind !

The results of Christ death !

Another blessed result of the death of Christ according to the Covenant Suretyship engagement is to

Isa 42:7

All men by nature are in the prison house of spiritual darkness and unbelief. Paul when writing to the Church of rome wrote that all[jew and gentile] in the prison of unbelief Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Now even though this verse is speaking of Gods elect from amongst the jews and gentiles, its applicable ton the non elect too ! Now the word concluded is the greek word sygkleiō and means

1. to shut up together, enclose
    1. of a shoal of fishes in a net
  2. to shut up on all sides, shut up completely

b. to shup up on all sides, shut up completely; τινα εἰς τινα or τί, so to deliver one up to the power of a person or thing that he is completely shut in,

By nature we are delivered up to the power of darkness and of satan Acts 2618

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Col 1:13

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

But now Christ death brings those He died for out of darkness and from the power of satan, and with that they are given Faith and become believers, that's a testimony to what Christ has done in delivering them from darkness and unbelief.

Thats why to say that one for whom Christ died can and does die in unbelief is to speak against, testify against Christ and His finished work ! 64

It gathers in the Sheep, the Elect, or the Children of God !

This is something religionist dont understand about the atoning death of Christ. Its the effective means by which all of Gods children are gathered unto Him. Ps 147:2

2 The Lord doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel.

I believe this scripture does also apply to a spiritual jerusalem and israel, the Church of Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ does the gathering Isa 49:5

And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

Jn 11:51-52

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Jesus dying is in connection with His gathering together of Gods elect, the children of God.

Gen 49:10

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh[Jesus] come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

This gathering is also equivalent to bringing about obedience to the One gathering.

Eph 1:10

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

1 Peter 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring[gather] us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit

It makes many to be made alive !

The obedience unto death of Christ is more effective than the disobedience of adam, so brings about a more glorious result. Rom 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Now as by Adams one offence many be dead, dead to God and spiritually dead, all men by nature are dead spiritually the wages of sin, but because of Christ's obedience and the gift by Gods grace, it abounds to the many which makes them alive from the dead. Thats why Paul tells sinners that were spiritually dead, God made them alive through Christ, quickened them, so that they are or were saved by that abounding grace Eph 2:5

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

So if one is never made spiritually alive to God out of being spiritually dead, Christ could not have tasted death for them Heb 2:9 65

Just as the elects oneness in Adam bought their death, likewise and even more, their oness in Christ brings their resurrection from the dead.1 Cor 15:22

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

This includes their spiritual resurrection from spiritual death.

Every sinner Christ died for is saved , even from their mothers womb, from the penalty of death for their sins, because Christ for them has already paid their deserved and merited penalty, which is also remission of sins. See the wages of sin is death Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

But Christ has for everyone He died, has totally abolished that wage of death[ 2 Tim 1:10], the only alternative for them now is eternal life through Christ their Lord.

Christ by His own Blood, obtained eternal redemption for everyone He died for Heb 9:12

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

The word redemption here is the greek word lytrōsis and means:

1. a ransoming, redemption
  2. deliverance, esp. from the penalty of sin [which is death Rom 6:23]

Now with this in mind, if anyone is teaching or believing that anyone Christ died for can be lost, they are teaching and believing a false gospel contrary to the redemptive and saving efficacy of the death of Christ ! 67

All sinners Christ died for become believers because they are His Spiritual offspring. Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

This scripture is about the Lord Jesus Christ, and the phrase "when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin" Speaks of His Death, being made sin [ a sin offering 2 Cor 5:21] and the second phrase " he shall see his seed", speaks of his spiritual offspring as a result of his soul for them, being made an offering for sin.

Now Jesus speaks of this same blessed truth in Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Christ here is the corn of wheat that will fall into the ground and die [speaking of his soul being made a offering for sin] and if he die, the result is [his dying] bringeth forth fruit, which equates to he shall see his seed. Now the word seed in Isa 53:10 is the word zera and means:

offspring, descendants, posterity, children and it also means : fruit

Now the word fruit is Jn 12:24 is the grk word karpos and means:

the fruit of one's loins, i.e. his progeny, his posterity

And Jn 12:24 gives a definite statement as to what will occur if the corn of wheat die, it bringeth forth or produce much fruit.

So a spiritual seed for Christ is promised as a result, effect of His dying ! 67

One of the grand purposes of Christs death, the giving of Himself for His Church which He Loved Eph 5:25-26

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
The word that is the conjunction hina and denotes :

that, in order that, so that, in order that (denoting the purpose or the result):

So His death for His Church [every member of it, His Body] was for the purposeful result of sanctifying it or them.

That word sanctify the verb hagiazō means:

1. to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow
  2. to separate from profane things and dedicate to God
    1. consecrate things to God
    2. dedicate people to God
  3. to purify
    1. to cleanse externally
    2. to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin
    3. to purify internally by renewing of the soul
To set apart

This was done once and for all by His Death for them Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The word sanctified here is in the perfect tense, having being once in the past not needing to be repeated.67

Another purpose found in Eph 5:25 as the result of Christs death for His Church is that it [every member] should be also cleansed. Lets read again:

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Now the word cleanse here is the greek word katharizō:

1. to free from defilement of sin and from faults
  2. to purify from wickedness
  3. to free from guilt of sin, to purify
  4. to consecrate by cleansing or purifying
  5. to consecrate, dedicate

Its also the same word Paul uses in Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The whole point being that Spiritual Blessings are communicated to every member of Christs

Church, His Body whom He Loved and gave Himself for. Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 68

Christ as the Surety of His People, His Sheep, His Body the Church accomplished these two things for them in His Surety-ship obedience, He fulfilled the law for them by keeping/obeying all of its Holy Commands, and added to that He came under the Laws curse and condemnation due to their iniquities Isa 53:5 which satisfied the penalty of death due unto them by His Cross !68

Back