Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian Death Metal?!?!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When I listen to the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir sing "Mary, Did You Know," I think, "Now that is music at its finest." But I'm sure not all would agree. In music, good is relative. Good in music is in the EAR of the beholder. :yes

I like stuff like this. :)

[youtube:2oahutdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjOnnHpgncs[/youtube:2oahutdo]

[youtube:2oahutdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoIPqy9HiA0[/youtube:2oahutdo]

[youtube:2oahutdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO1U3O5p1_Y[/youtube:2oahutdo]

what would you label them as? have you heard their latest album? I've heard of bands like impending doom....yes they're heavy but underoath is definately heavy as well.
Lolz...hardcore for 8th graders. Underoath is screamo. Impending Doom is a great band that represents Christ in all their music. Whoever says that a particular genre cannot glorify Christ is not reading the same Bible I read. The Psalms say to praise the Lord w/ all kinds of instruments. No where in Scripture are we told of a "right" style of music. Nor do we see in Scripture "you shall know them by their lack of double bass, screaming, and guitar solos". Metal is great! I'm not as much into the actual death metal genre (for those that actually know the difference), I'm more into metalcore bands like For Today (amazing Christ-centered lyrics), August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Soul Embraced, Corpus Christi.

bang on. Underoath is not metal in any sense. Death metal, the name comes from a band called Death. It does tend to have morbid subject matter, but that's not a defining characteristic. It can be about any topic under the sun. I kid you not I play in a death metal band with a song about ice cream.

Fancy I come across this post today, being that I was just listening to Demon Hunter on the way over to the college library here at Mary Washington. (I don't go here, I'm just using their comp).

Here's the deal. If one were to go to a lyrics site and just look up the artist's names and titles of their songs, and they were to read their lyrics, I am sure, no doubt, they would be touched to the very core of their enlightened souls by the Holy Spirit. Look up Demon Hunter's song "The Tide Began To Rise," and prepare to cry your eyes out. ...Now listen to the song, and the rest of the album, and be prepared to put your foot in your mouth. Just because one person/band misuses a TYPE of expression wrongly doesn't make it wrong.

The term "Death" Metal, I think, is used too widely to a serious fault. Although...I don't mind calling it Death Metal in either case, because Christians actually die TWICE. Once to themselves, and lastly to this world.

*bows and leaves.

The more I post on this site, the more I realize how many topics I KILL. Out of the 8 or 9 posts I've given, no one has since replied. I'm wondering if it's because my explanations are unexpected, no one's online, no one's paying attention, or my rebuttals are completely irrefutable. I'm voting the last one, being that I see tons of activity in other posts by the same people on this one, and the story is the same for the video game topics, other music topics, and the preaching on the street on campus thread.

I came here for correspondance, and I am being severely disappointed.

I was gonna say, check out Mortification and Horde, both very good bands. Veni Domine is good too, but is more doom than death.

I think it's very possible to have metal with Christian lyrics.
Though death metal isn't my cup of tea, I don't like the style and the voices and I find it too depressive.
But some metal bands [even if they aren't Christian - I like listening to quite a lot of secular bands of various genres, as long as they're not offensive to Christianity. Even non Christian music can be inspiring in a positive sense.] have certain positive powerful energy in them, and I enjoy that [specially power metal and some symphonic].

Well I am now listenint to Extol and it's not bad at all ;)

Though I still like power metal the best.
Do you guys know some good Christian bands that play power metal? Or also heavy, speed, prog or symphonic.
Edit: Just found the band Divinefire, and they're awesome!

Dave Slayer said:
somaticallyincorrect said:
I love bands like Underoath etc. They're Christan and quite heavy metal.

dude look up impending doom. underoath is like hardcore for 8th graders

Underoath is hardly "heavy" compared to Christian metal bands like Sacrament, Deliverance, Tourniquet, etc. Underoath is good, but I wouldn't label them as heavy metal.

;)[/quote]

Underoath is so light compared to impending doom, for people that think death metal shouldnt be Christian, look up there lyrics, so powerful!!

I'm a huge metalhead. The best Christian Death metal band is Mortification.
[youtube:8zpdj0xs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eahf0EuwxkU[/youtube:8zpdj0xs]

I personally think Death Metal is kinda cheesy though for Christian music.
I think Thrash metal & Black metal are a better outlet for Christian music than Death Metal.

Check out...
The Crucified (Punk/Thrash)
Deliverance (Thrash Metal)
Admonish (Black Metal)
Antestor( Black Metal)
Crimson Moonlight (Black/Death Metal)
^ Those are my favorite christian metal bands (besides Mortification)

I Know that I am bumping a really old thread but I just have a couple of things to say. Christian Death Metal is just a label that was put on to releate the style of music from the secular death metal. I'm not quite sure why they did not rename the genre in the Christian catagory seeing as they did with black metal (Christians "Un-Black Metal") The genres name does not depict the attitude of the members and I think it is absolutly essential to have these and all other genres of music to proclaim the gospel to listeners of these genres whom get the wrong message with the secular bands. No matter what they sound like you must realize they have correct hearts and people need to hear it.
like War of Ages: Yet another fallen eve " Oh god I need you now, Lord I surrender, God you are my shelter, Lord I want to burn with passion, Lord you are the prince of peace" and so on or Antestors Jesus Saves: Jesus can help, He has Won, He is the Messiah, in Him u must believe. and much much more. So to say that the genre is no good or this music is the devils music is really not true.
PS If you think underoath is not Death Metal enough Listen to Acts of Depression or Cries From The Past.

This upsets me not only that people are creating such music in this world, but that people are trying to
invade Christianity with such violence! I wouldn't think any true Christian would try to spread the word of Jesus with such violent images!

Are you kidding me? Read the book of Joshua or how Moses regained the promise land not only is it full of violence and carnage but God directed it? what you will find is rape pillage and blood a plenty you may change your mind about your statement.

I looked up Impending doom I really like them great stuff.

^

Christianity does not promote death, destruction and brutal violence.

What do they mean by "hardcore influence" and "spiritual members" ?

Hmmm :confused I know most christians are pretty closed off when it comes to this topic I can understand. I know for the most part that preachers today choose to focus on all the fluffy stuff. If you look a little closer you will find the Bible is very hardcore and brutal in nature but not many look at that side of it. Christian metal bands do because the people they are reaching out to or trying to do not sit in a church on sunday listening to a sermon about love. Heres an easier way to think of it, someone in a deathmetal christian band would say something like this to you: To be a light in a place where there is light is good, to be a light in a place of darkness is better.

Christian Death Metal is unbiblical. It gratifies the flesh, as those who perform death metal have no sense of morality in Life. Christian Death Metal? Please! Tom Araya sure isn't promoting any christian values with his so called "catholicism".

Instead of Christian Death Metal, listen to the alternative, Christian Eternal Life Metal. It's the same exact music as this so called "Death Metal", just it's more of "Let's spend eternity with god" than it is "Let's spend eternity with Satan!!!".

So from now on, Christian Death Metal will be and will always be referred to as Christian Eternal Life Metal, cause Christians only die once.

Well twice if you count baptisim:tongue just bieng cheeky.

The way I see it, Christian Death Metal bands have a little bit of a dilemma. They want to maintain the image of hardcore metal in order to appeal to and witness to nonbeliever metal heads, but they also want to appeal to Christians. So if they abandon the term, "Death Metal," will they lose followers? Probably, at least in the non-Christian audience. And they definitely don't want to lose them.

I think we should be careful not to judge these guys, whether we can't stand to listen to their music or not. If their primary goal is to share God's Word and can manage to reach a difficult audience, I say God bless 'em!

Death metal was a term coined for a style by either of two bands possesed or Bathory are the first to claim it. Its just a title for a style. Death is a word often used in the bible it just freaks folks out because it has Metal written next to it. what if it was say death to satan then it doesnt look so threatning now put metal next to it same word next to another word. I like your statement Jo Jo really think and think well before you judge anything and most of all use your intellect.

bang on. Underoath is not metal in any sense. Death metal, the name comes from a band called Death. It does tend to have morbid subject matter, but that's not a defining characteristic. It can be about any topic under the sun. I kid you not I play in a death metal band with a song about ice cream.

The name came from Bathory and possesed. Possesed had a song entitled Death metal and bathory coined it as a term in an interview.
death the band were one of the pioneering bands of the genre along with the aformentioned bands.

I'm a huge metalhead. The best Christian Death metal band is Mortification.
[youtube:8zpdj0xs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eahf0EuwxkU[/youtube:8zpdj0xs]

I personally think Death Metal is kinda cheesy though for Christian music.
I think Thrash metal & Black metal are a better outlet for Christian music than Death Metal.

Check out...
The Crucified (Punk/Thrash)
Deliverance (Thrash Metal)
Admonish (Black Metal)
Antestor( Black Metal)
Crimson Moonlight (Black/Death Metal)
^ Those are my favorite christian metal bands (besides Mortification)

Hmmm Black metal on the other hand is a different story if you know the histroy and facts about this certain genre and the purpose of its creation you will see my reasoning. Christians should not have gone there.:shame

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back