Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

<>< Christian fish sign <><

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I don't know if I have that but it's a gift from God if I do, all glory to Him. I think it is part of how He uses me. My sister is the opposite in many ways, of me. I am outgoing, never meet a stranger. I'll laugh outloud in a crowd of people, and have no embarrassment about it(always laughing at myself about something stupid I do). My sis is very reserved, and can't walk up and ask anyone for help. Me, I just jump at the chance to talk to others. I also love my privacy too though.

I went to a super store, where you bag your own groceries?? I had bought a few small packages of frozen fish. I started to fill my bags and picked up a fish pack (the ones with like a blue stirofoam bottom?) and it had a blue cover on top and bottom?? I was stumped, where did that come from and what was it?? I finally realized two packages were stuck together, LOL! I didn't try to hide what I'd done, I had to laugh out loud and tell everyone around me, LOL! I had a few people laughing along with me:)

A Christian with a sense of fun, a sense of the ironic, can be useful to a good testimony even, sometimes, because it helps the person relate to others.

I do like the story and history behind the Christian fish sign <><, anyway.

Blessings.

Ecc_9:7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy wo

this was wonderful! I never knew where it originated:) I know today, in a grocery store or somewhere out in public, I usually manage to mention God, then if it's another believer, we get in a good conversation sometimes. Also, if someone is hurting or searching, they might want to talk to someone who has hope;) denise, ysic

Hi Denise, you know I think that the most exciting thing after being born again myself, is planting and watering seeds. When we share our faith in the Lord. When someone else receives their salvation it so hard to maintain a outward quietness, because inside I'm jumping up and down, clapping, singing and shouting.

Two days ago, my grandson (he's 8) and his mom (Lexy) were in the grocery store at the sandwich counter. There was a lady next to him and four high school boys standing behind. He put out his hand to this lady, introduced himself and asked her if she knew Jesus. She smiled at him and told him that she was sure she did. My daughter said that the boys behind them had been talking but when he put out his hand and introduced himself, it got totally silent behind them. The boys were listening. You never know where the Lord intends the seeds to fall.

Hi Denise, you know I think that the most exciting thing after being born again myself, is planting and watering seeds. When we share our faith in the Lord. When someone else receives their salvation it so hard to maintain a outward quietness, because inside I'm jumping up and down, clapping, singing and shouting.

Two days ago, my grandson (he's 8) and his mom (Lexy) were in the grocery store at the sandwich counter. There was a lady next to him and four high school boys standing behind. He put out his hand to this lady, introduced himself and asked her if she knew Jesus. She smiled at him and told him that she was sure she did. My daughter said that the boys behind them had been talking but when he put out his hand and introduced himself, it got totally silent behind them. The boys were listening. You never know where the Lord intends the seeds to fall.

I like it! :)

Lexy must have been thrilled, too. :)

Blessings.

Deb you are so very blessed :sohappy

Mat 21:16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Oh I love this! Yes, God is at work in, and through us! Your grandson brings such hope doesn't he, sometimes the world looks so hopeless but God's people/kids are alive and well, spreading the Good News:)

My sister is the opposite in many ways, of me. I am outgoing, never meet a stranger. I'll laugh outloud in a crowd of people, and have no embarrassment about it(always laughing at myself about something stupid I do). My sis is very reserved, and can't walk up and ask anyone for help. ...

I don't know if your sister is a Christian, but maybe people of her temperament who are Christians can find the use of some graphics or jewelry means as useful lead-in tools in witness, if they are naturally very reserved.

Blessings.

Deb you are so very blessed :sohappy

Mat 21:16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

:wave2

Reba, you always have a scripture that is so perfect for everything situation. Thank you.
Seems I remember, you have a grandson too, who saved and just had a baby not too long ago. We truly are blessed. :dancing

:wave2

Reba, you always have a scripture that is so perfect for everything situation. Thank you.
Seems I remember, you have a grandson too, who saved and just had a baby not too long ago. We truly are blessed. :dancing

Well, congrats to reba for being a great-grandmother now! :)

I don't know if I have that but it's a gift from God if I do, all glory to Him. I think it is part of how He uses me. My sister is the opposite in many ways, of me. I am outgoing, never meet a stranger. I'll laugh outloud in a crowd of people, and have no embarrassment about it(always laughing at myself about something stupid I do). My sis is very reserved, and can't walk up and ask anyone for help. Me, I just jump at the chance to talk to others. I also love my privacy too though.

I went to a super store, where you bag your own groceries?? I had bought a few small packages of frozen fish. I started to fill my bags and picked up a fish pack (the ones with like a blue stirofoam bottom?) and it had a blue cover on top and bottom?? I was stumped, where did that come from and what was it?? I finally realized two packages were stuck together, LOL! I didn't try to hide what I'd done, I had to laugh out loud and tell everyone around me, LOL! I had a few people laughing along with me:)
Welcome to the forums, celebratejesus! :wave2

This is a little off topic but your story reminded me of an incident that happened to me forcing me to laugh at me. My story does involve fish so maybe it is partly on topic? :biggrin2

Anyway, about four years ago in the spring I decided to let my beard grow out for the first time in a couple decades. I didn't think much of it until about eight months later. You see, my brother-in-law and I were fishing on a lake near his home that August. I happened to catch a really nice crappie so we took a photo and released it. End of story...so I thought. The following February he sent me an email at work containing this photo and the caption he wrote under it was, "Fishing Island Lake." I looked at that photo and the first thing that popped into my head was why did he send me a photo of an old guy holding a fish? Until this moment I hadn't realized how grey my beard had become.

This is no joke. I did not recognize my own photograph! A few seconds later it occurred to me what happened and I just busted out laughing. My coworkers were wondering what was so funny and when I told them we all had a good laugh. Too funny.

Okay, :topic

Welcome to the forums, celebratejesus! :wave2

This is a little off topic but your story reminded me of an incident that happened to me forcing me to laugh at me. My story does involve fish so maybe it is partly on topic? :biggrin2

Anyway, about four years ago in the spring I decided to let my beard grow out for the first time in a couple decades. I didn't think much of it until about eight months later. You see, my brother-in-law and I were fishing on a lake near his home that August. I happened to catch a really nice crappie so we took a photo and released it. End of story...so I thought. The following February he sent me an email at work containing this photo and the caption he wrote under it was, "Fishing Island Lake." I looked at that photo and the first thing that popped into my head was why did he send me a photo of an old guy holding a fish? Until this moment I hadn't realized how grey my beard had become.

This is no joke. I did not recognize my own photograph! A few seconds later it occurred to me what happened and I just busted out laughing. My coworkers were wondering what was so funny and when I told them we all had a good laugh. Too funny.

Okay, :topic

Oh this was great!! Thank you for sharing it WIP, LOL!! Which reminds me the first time I knew of a fish called a crappie, and I heard it on a christian forum so I was a bit confused at first;) I think grey is distinguished looking:) I am getting a few (genetic I guess since my mom was barely grey at 67) and I love them! I like that verse:

Proverbs 16:31 ESV
Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life.
NKJV, I like this version best:)
31 The silver-haired head is a crown of glory,
If it is found in the way of righteousness.

I don't know if your sister is a Christian, but maybe people of her temperament who are Christians can find the use of some graphics or jewelry means as useful lead-in tools in witness, if they are naturally very reserved.

Blessings.
No, she is not saved "yet" ;) but I pray everyday for my whole family. I am the only one so far:) So I am sort of shunned, literally, but it is ok because God helps me through all that as well:) She does stand by me, and one brother, but they don't "get" me, LOL!!

No, she is not saved "yet" ;) but I pray everyday for my whole family. I am the only one so far:) So I am sort of shunned, literally, but it is ok because God helps me through all that as well:) She does stand by me, and one brother, but they don't "get" me, LOL!!

Well, keep praying! :) While there is life, there is hope, and the Lord privileges us to be prayer warriors, right? (My wife and I pray for lots of people.)

Blessings.

Oh this was great!! Thank you for sharing it WIP, LOL!! Which reminds me the first time I knew of a fish called a crappie, and I heard it on a christian forum so I was a bit confused at first;) I think grey is distinguished looking:) I am getting a few (genetic I guess since my mom was barely grey at 67) and I love them! I like that verse:

Proverbs 16:31 ESV
Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life.
NKJV, I like this version best:)
31 The silver-haired head is a crown of glory,
If it is found in the way of righteousness.

Great verses there!

I haven't got such a lot of hair to talk about. My wife started changing her hair color about 20 years ago and has done ever since...

Back