Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian girls and beauty contest

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That would be fun. :) I know he'd be proud of me. :) Though I don't think I'm exactly pagent girl material.

dh means dear hubby right? Just making sure.

Dh = dear husband. Yes, indeed.

You must be the joy of his life, anyway. Good if you guys could also serve the Lord together. Blessings.

We are very close. He... He doesn't believe that Jesus' was raised from the dead. But he's told me that sometimes at night he asks Jesus to take him to heaven when he dies. Do you think he's saved? I'm frustrated/confused about it. I don't know how I would be able to live in eternity without him. It would KILL me!

We are very close. He... He doesn't believe that Jesus' was raised from the dead. But he's told me that sometimes at night he asks Jesus to take him to heaven when he dies. Do you think he's saved? I'm frustrated/confused about it. I don't know how I would be able to live in eternity without him. It would KILL me!

Angel: 1 Corinthians 15 - especially the end of the chapter - is relevant here.

Keep praying for dh!

Blessings.

"3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others." Phil 2:3-4

I love Philippians! just about my favorite book of the Bible.

I would generally agree about not overemphasizing the outward at the expense of the inward.

Although in Philippians there were Euodias and Syntyche who were each so driven to pursue their own individual vision of service, that they literally forgot about apperances... :)

Blessings.

Jesus said that sin starts as a thought
even if people are nude, that is not an invitation.
Young girls on a beach are quite beautiful. That does not mean I lust for them.
It has nothing to do with the male anatomy, but more to do with our thoughts

Jesus said that sin starts as a thought
even if people are nude, that is not an invitation.
Young girls on a beach are quite beautiful. That does not mean I lust for them.
It has nothing to do with the male anatomy, but more to do with our thoughts

Even if everyone wore sackcloth, there would still be bad thoughts because of the human heart.

There is no need of course to stimulate such thoughts unnecessarily.

But in terms of when and where, there is a sense of what is appropriate; and it is hard to be objective about things such as hemlines, swimsuits, etc., because these vary widely from one decade to the next.

Even if everyone wore sackcloth, there would still be bad thoughts because of the human heart.

There is no need of course to stimulate such thoughts unnecessarily.

But in terms of when and where, there is a sense of what is appropriate; and it is hard to be objective about things such as hemlines, swimsuits, etc., because these vary widely from one decade to the next.

I control my thoughts with God's help

I don't know. I think it is Ok, but some of the way they dress for those pageants isn't very Christian. You have to decide how much of the world you want to put on to be in one of those pageants.

heels_1%20(5).jpg

alexandertechnique.tv

As well as poise and elegance, it's inward cultivation and spirituality that needs to be enhnaced, right?

Hi MysticalJourney: Do you think that efforts in poise and bearing have value, nethertheless?

Blessings.

I am with Claudya too! Although a Christian friend did post an amazing classical violin solo by a woman in a Miss America context from 1989 that was unbelievable. If she doesn't become a professional violinist, I miss my guess.

So yes to the talent, and no to the bathing suit and objectifying women. I would never watch a man's pageant, so why would I watch a women's?? Let's look at the abilities and esp. the heart.

Besides, when little girls who are 5 years old are forced into pageants, the whole thing smells wrong to me.

PS. No such scripture about someone dancing half naked before the king (which king?) unless the person who said it can actually find it. Try googling it! It is just not in the Bible!

This is could easily be my post. I agree.

heels_1%20(5).jpg

alexandertechnique.tv

As well as poise and elegance, it's inward cultivation and spirituality that needs to be enhnaced, right?

Deborah13:

So how about you? what do you think? do you think that efforts in poise and bearing are of some value, nevertheless?

Blessings.

Deborah13:

So how about you? what do you think? do you think that efforts in poise and bearing are of some value, nevertheless?

Blessings.

lol You asking the woman who at the tender age of four was forced to walk for so many minutes each day with a book on her head! What's really great though is that when I was older I was really glad my mom had been so strict about posture. I got lots of compliments about my posture and it helps to not get backaches. Clothes hang better, too.

lol You asking the woman who at the tender age of four was forced to walk for so many minutes each day with a book on her head! What's really great though is that when I was older I was really glad my mom had been so strict about posture. I got lots of compliments about my posture and it helps to not get backaches. Clothes hang better, too.

Yes, well, I guess this is what training for pageants is at least partly about....right?

Deborah13:

Blessings.
I'll bite.

I'll say *some* value. The problem is that sex sells, and is being used to excess. These types of beauty competitions are not helping. It's largely a focus on outward appearance and is not setting a good example for young girls to follow.

Whatever happened to modesty?

I'll bite.

I'll say *some* value. The problem is that sex sells, and is being used to excess. These types of beauty competitions are not helping. It's largely a focus on outward appearance and is not setting a good example for young girls to follow.

Whatever happened to modesty?

Thank you for this post!

Anyway, from what Deborah13 said about deportment and poise, I would reckon that this is at least partly what pageants are supposed to be, or were originally supposed to be, about.

Blessings.

Training for pageants to me is like saying to a young child/young woman that your value is in how you look not who you are.

I know what you mean, but I also agree when you said: "I was really glad my mom had been so strict about posture. I got lots of compliments about my posture".

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back