Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian Militancy

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Folks the question is should Christians act like militants when we are beat down across the globe and our wives and children kidnapped raped and killed. Are we to stand by and let Isis and others do anything that they want to us ? And all we say is I will pray for them ? Or God will protect me, there were born again Christians in the Twin Towers too. Why is it that when a Christian fights back he is looked down upon ? Has Grace taken are right to defend ourselves ? In the OT God would let us and even help us defend ourselves.. Now Jesus himself said that he would not take one jot or tittle away. I just want to hear what has been going on in my head. You all are my brothers and sisters, so if I have a problem with something I rather come to you, and not the secular. But I have a problem with Christians standing there and taking a beat down. And those of us who will fight back, being called radicals.

uhm you don't see that carrying a sword and just said that Jesus tells them to buy a sword so that he was numbered amongst the transgressors? uhm where was jesus hung on the cross with? thieves , and what did he say?

though comest with me with staves and swords , am I a thief?

luke 22: 52,53.

Luke 22....(NKJV)
50 And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear.

Wouldn't this individual with the sword be seen as a transgressor?

Guilt by association.

Numbered with the transgressors.

Luke 22....(NKJV)
50 And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear.

Wouldn't this individual with the sword be seen as a transgressor?

Guilt by association.

Numbered with the transgressors.
that was before malchus ' ear was cut off. how would they know that jesus commanded peter to go be a theif ? did judas tell them. arresting powers must use force to arrest. a cop shows up with a gun, tazer and other less then lethal force and methods in his hands to arrest a criminal. he doesn't ask nicely. he orders you to comply.

he was telling them after judas left what to buy, judas left and then brought in the pharisees' guard. so how could judas have known?

But I have a problem with Christians standing there and taking a beat down. And those of us who will fight back, being called radicals.
Does it scare you, that it might be what we are asked to do? Why do you think that Jesus said if you put your family above God, you cannot be his. Luke 14:26-27

he was telling them after judas left what to buy, judas left and then brought in the pharisees' guard. so how could judas have known?

Jesus fulfilling the prophecy had nothing to do with Judas, other than Judas pointing Him out. The only thing Judas had to know was who Jesus was. That's what he was paid for.

uhm you don't see that carrying a sword and just said that Jesus tells them to buy a sword so that he was numbered amongst the transgressors? uhm where was jesus hung on the cross with? thieves , and what did he say?

though comest with me with staves and swords , am I a thief?

luke 22: 52,53.
Jesus did not tell them for that reason. You must never jerk scripture out of it's context and rape it that way. Jesus is numbered among the transgressors in Isaiah 53 and if there is a place where it says this in the Commentary, a.k.a. New Testament, it will be because they are quoting Isaiah's Gospel account. Jesus giving the direction to purchase the sword was in His commission of them to take up the ministry and as they travelled the roads, it was filled with thieves and bandits, they needed the swords to defend themselves.

Great day in the morning! PRAISE GOD! Excuse my 1960s English but you peacenicks have just connected another scripture for you to try to ignore! Like it or not, God just used you folks to teach me another reference to use when trying to show you folks that Jesus did not want us to just sit there and watch as our wives are rapped by idiots. Jesus did not send those of His out without personal armament. nor were they alone.

Jason, we have new ammo.

Does it scare you, that it might be what we are asked to do? Why do you think that Jesus said if you put your family above God, you cannot be his. Luke 14:26-27
LtD,
Jesus was and is not a pacifist. Nor did He send Peter nor the others out without Jesus is numbered among the trut swords. He instructed them that if they had not a sword, to sell their garment and to buy one. There is only one reason for a Christian to purchase a sword, defence and as an old veteran,v Ic promise you the best defence is a good offence, a.k.a. a pre-emptive

Well you all know me' i was surfing the web and came across this. So I would like to hear some opinions on this article.

What “Turn The Other Cheek” Really Means
http://shoebat.com/2014/09/22/turn-cheek-really-means/

Turn the other cheek , I would argue, is one of the most abused verses in the entire Scripture. It is used incessantly to justify cowardice, indifference, and laziness, in the face of evil people slaughtering Christians. When Christians rise up with militias to defend themselves against Muslim jihadists, we have the Starbucks drinkers screaming “turn the other cheek!”
UHHHH I find you judgments saddening, "Love even as I have loved you" THAT IS A COMMAND OF YHWH, Respect it. Find your life, live be Love or die by the sword. It is because of ideology against scripture that some will be slaughtered, fight with peace and righteousness, even to hate is to commit murder, to even think lust after a person is adultery in fool! So why live in fear of satan? Are you not free?

Jesus giving the direction to purchase the sword was in His commission of them to take up the ministry and as they travelled the roads, it was filled with thieves and bandits, they needed the swords to defend themselves.

If this is so, why were only 2 swords needed? Wouldn't He want each one them armed with a sword or are we to believe that the Apostles traveled as a group?

And how do you reconcile your teaching's with this? They didn't need weapons for protection in the past. Why all of a sudden the need for a sword and why only 2 when there were 11 disciples?

Matthew 10
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
9 Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts,
10 nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food.

shrug2.gif

Jesus did not tell them for that reason. You must never jerk scripture out of it's context and rape it that way. Jesus is numbered among the transgressors in Isaiah 53 and if there is a place where it says this in the Commentary, a.k.a. New Testament, it will be because they are quoting Isaiah's Gospel account. Jesus giving the direction to purchase the sword was in His commission of them to take up the ministry and as they travelled the roads, it was filled with thieves and bandits, they needed the swords to defend themselves.

Great day in the morning! PRAISE GOD! Excuse my 1960s English but you peacenicks have just connected another scripture for you to try to ignore! Like it or not, God just used you folks to teach me another reference to use when trying to show you folks that Jesus did not want us to just sit there and watch as our wives are rapped by idiots. Jesus did not send those of His out without personal armament. nor were they alone.

Jason, we have new ammo.
Well said mate, may He always be protected.
If this is so, why were only 2 swords needed? Wouldn't He want each one them armed with a sword or are we to believe that the Apostles traveled as a group?

And how do you reconcile your teaching's with this? They didn't need weapons for protection in the past. Why all of a sudden the need for a sword and why only 2 when there were 11 disciples?

Matthew 10
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
10 nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food.

shrug2.gif

AMEN! Paul was beaten everywhere he went, if it where a teaching to hurt or even think about hurting someone then why be beaten?

UHHHH I find you judgments saddening, "Love even as I have loved you" THAT IS A COMMAND OF YHWH, Respect it. Find your life, live be Love or die by the sword. It is because of ideology against scripture that some will be slaughtered, fight with peace and righteousness, even to hate is to commit murder, to even think lust after a person is adultery in fool! So why live in fear of satan? Are you not free?
You might want to read the post just above yours. It is my post and the video is of a good man trying to stop people from raping the scriptures and instead to leave them in their context. I understand, because there are so many of you youngsters that are being dumbed down with improper instruction, that you are not learning the importance of context in school but you had better pick up on it (your entire generation) or you will have your ears tickled to your demise.

An example; Here in Texas there is an understood context that is not included in the sentence I'm about to use only because the contextual inclusion would rob us of the often funny expressions on people's faces. "It's raining kittens and puppy dogs outside!" I'll bet that you would not go to the window expecting to see dead kittens and puppies on the side-walks and the street. However, in Germany you would have delighted at the shocked expressions on the German's faces and some times on the faces of Yankees that have moved in here.

In all of the south, we know that this means it's raining hard enough to become a flood soon if it does not lighten up but Yankees, bless their poor uneducated hearts and Europeans require an explanation before they ever begin to grin when they hear this. When the context is understood, it is a quaint Southern expression.

This same principal applies to the scriptures. The Bible, from Genesis 1:1 all the way through the very last Amen of Revelation 22 is of one context, requiring reading through many times to begin to get a grip on what is being said. a single scripture ripped out of context and raped is exactly how people like Jim Jones and David Koresh get people to drink poison kool aide or to sit down in the middle of the house as idiots light the fires to burn the house down with them, their wives and their children inside.

I am not a high school teacher but I pray this helps you to understand that men like Jason and I have not offended God when we served in combat and with our hands terminated people trying to saved others from them.

Matthew 10

shrug2.gif

Stop that twitching smilie because it is simple if you read the entire Bible. In your Matthew 10 scriptures, Jesus sent them out two by two. He established a principal that even Paul adhered to in His journeys. Two men, two swords, not two swords for twelve men.

You might want to read the post just above yours. It is my post and the video is of a good man trying to stop people from raping the scriptures and instead to leave them in their context. I understand, because there are so many of you youngsters that are being dumbed down with improper instruction, that you are not learning the importance of context in school but you had better pick up on it (your entire generation) or you will have your ears tickled to your demise.

An example; Here in Texas there is an understood context that is not included in the sentence I'm about to use only because the contextual inclusion would rob us of the often funny expressions on people's faces. "It's raining kittens and puppy dogs outside!" I'll bet that you would not go to the window expecting to see dead kittens and puppies on the side-walks and the street. However, in Germany you would have delighted at the shocked expressions on the German's faces and some times on the faces of Yankees that have moved in here.

In all of the south, we know that this means it's raining hard enough to become a flood soon if it does not lighten up but Yankees, bless their poor uneducated hearts and Europeans require an explanation before they ever begin to grin when they hear this. When the context is understood, it is a quaint Southern expression.

This same principal applies to the scriptures. The Bible, from Genesis 1:1 all the way through the very last Amen of Revelation 22 is of one context, requiring reading through many times to begin to get a grip on what is being said. a single scripture ripped out of context and raped is exactly how people like Jim Jones and David Koresh get people to drink poison kool aide or to sit down in the middle of the house as idiots light the fires to burn the house down with them, their wives and their children inside.

I am not a high school teacher but I pray this helps you to understand that men like Jason and I have not offended God when we served in combat and with our hands terminated people trying to saved others from them.
The perfect song came on about Jesus when reading the by the way, perhaps there is a time and place for everything. Its best not to debate to to much, I respect your awareness brother.

Stop that twitching smilie because it is simple if you read the entire Bible. In your Matthew 10 scriptures, Jesus sent them out two by two. He established a principal that even Paul adhered to in His journeys. Two men, two swords, not two swords for twelve men.

Then explain why only 2 swords were enough? If the disciples were to be armed, why only 2 swords?
shrug2.gif

Well said mate, may He always be protected.

AMEN! Paul was beaten everywhere he went, if it where a teaching to hurt or even think about hurting someone then why be beaten?
I want to know that also and i want to hear it from the horses mouth, it has got to be a whopper reason.

Then explain why only 2 swords were enough? If the disciples were to be armed, why only 2 swords?
shrug2.gif

Gary,
You are being redundant, I answered that very question with the Quote you used and highlighted part of. Please read the entire post for i can be no clearer but you must read in context.

The perfect song came on about Jesus when reading the by the way, perhaps there is a time and place for everything. Its best not to debate to to much, I respect your awareness brother.
Yes, Solomon was very wise when when he explained there is a time for everything. There is a time to love your enemy and a time to kill him if!

Gary,
You are being redundant, I answered that very question with the Quote you used and highlighted part of. Please read the entire post for i can be no clearer but you must read in context.

Never mind.

It's not important.

Last edited:
So if a bunch of Muslim radicals come to America and kill us and put our wives, mothers into slavery should we as Christians turn the other cheek ?

In essence, that is what our military personnel do every day by defending us.

Jason, we have new ammo.

Wow Brother now that's the kind of answers I like to see !! Nice explanation !!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back