Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian, why do you believe you'll go to Heaven?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi beforetime,
I am aware of the limitations of the word "forever". I know that it doesn't always mean forever. As I understand it the Hebrews didn't have awordfor forever and would usually express it with something like to the agesof theages. However, I think more to the point is the fact that Stephen makes thepoint that the land was promised to Abraham personally and that he never received it. This eternal land inheritance was the earliest understanding of the Christian's hope. It wasn't until around the 200's A.D. that the ideaofgoing to Heaven entered the church. It seems to have entered the churchinAlexandria Egyptwith several Christians who were influenced by Greek Philosophy, Plato to beprecise.

The link is the paper I was referring to. It is "The Kingdom Of God"
Hi Butch

Clement was a common name in the first century, and it’s likely he was not the same Clement in Philippians 4:3. It’s not a proven fact Clement wrote, Clement of Rome - First Epistle. There is no internal evidence in the letters themselves.

The writer claims inspiration directly from God as in the quote following.

Quote “For I choose to follow not men or men’s doctrines” Unquote.

Your source of information as follows on the resurrection on the dead.

Quote CLEMENT OF ROME, First Epistle

CHAPTER 24 -- GOD CONTINUALLY SHOWS US IN NATURE THAT THERE WILL BE A RESURRECTION.

Let us contemplate, beloved, the resurrection which is at all times taking place.

Quote … For I choose to follownot men or men’s doctrines, but God and the doctrines [delivered] by Him. Forif you have fallen in with some who are called Christians, but who do not admit this [truth], and venture to blaspheme the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; who say there is no resurrection of the dead, and that their souls, when they die, are taken to heaven; do not imagine that they are Christians, even as one, if he would rightly considerit, would not admit that the Sadducees, or similar sects of Genistæ, Meristæ,Galilæans, Hellenists, Pharisees, Baptists, are Jews (do not hear me
impatiently when I tell you what I think), but are [only] called Jews and children of Abraham, worshipping God with the lips, as God Himself declared, but the heart was far from Him. But I and others, who are right-minded Christians on all points, are assured that there will be a resurrection of the dead, and a thousand years in Jerusalem, which will then be built, adorned, and enlarged, [as] the prophets Ezekiel and Isaiah and others declare.” (Chapter 80) …Unquote

Does Ezekiel and Isaiah and others support the claim about Jerusalem and the thousand years? Maybe you can connect the dots for me scriptually.

The only hope [Ephesians 4:4] is heavenly. [Philippians 3:20] The New Testament and Old do not mention a bodily earthly afterlife. The scripture one uses to proof differently is the “meek shall inherit the earth.” Matthew 5:5 However this verse is refereeing to all God’s children past, present or future. [1Corinthians 3:22]

No different then the other verses in the beatitudes; Matthew chapter five. In fact if we claim no meekness, humbleness in God's eyes,as Jesus said, Then we are not His Fathers child [Romans 8:15]. How clear is that?

Matthew 5:11-12 “Happy are YOUwhen people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. 12 Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR rewardis great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior toYOU

Is Matthew referring to a future generation only; no, we are responsible for our own actions now. There is not going to be a second chance salvation plan in the future. It's now or never as the song goes. “And not the expression the devil made me do it.

Matthew 6:20-21 “Rather, store upfor yourselves treasures in heaven , where neither moth nor rust consumes, andwhere thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there yourheart will be also.”

This is what the Old Faithful looked forward to.

Hebrews 11:13-16 “In faith all these died, although they did not get the[fulfillment of the] promises, but they saw them afar off and welcomed them andpublicly declared that they were strangers and temporary residents in the land.14 For those who say such things give evidence that they are earnestly seekinga place of their own. 15 And yet, if they had indeed kept remembering that [place] from which they had gone forth, they would have had opportunity to return.16 But now they are reaching out for a better [place], that is, one belongingto heaven. Hence God is not ashamed of them, to be called upon as their God,for he has made a city ready for them.”

The One body

Hebrews 11:40 God had planned something betterfor us so that only together with us would they be made perfect

Hi before time,

None of this supports your argument. Heavenly is adjective not a noun. The passages don't say anyone is going to Heaven. You quoted store up treasure in Heaven. The treasure is there not the Christian. Jesus said He was coming back and His reward was with Him to give to any man according to his deeds.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Rev 22:12 KJV)

He coming back here, were not going there. There are multiple passages that state this. If a person has heavenly things it doesn't mean they are in Heaven. Heavenly is an adjective that describes the qualities of a thing. Something that is heavenly will have heavenly qualities not be in Heaven. A heavenly body will have qualities of Heaven, it doesn't mean that body is in Heaven. I've pointed out numerous times that there is not a single passage of Scripture that states people go to Heaven, that idea is simply inferred (wrongly). However, that are multiple passages that speak of man inheriting the earth fore ever. Psalm 2 says that Jesus inheritance is the utter most parts of the land. Revelation speaks of new Jerusalem descending from Heaven. Several places in the OT speak of God dwelling in Jerusalem forever and with His people. Jesus Himself said in John 14,

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

(Joh 14:2-3 KJV)

He said, he would come back so that they could be with Him. He didn't say you'll come to me when you die. Psalm 37 repeatedly speaks of the righteous inheriting the earth when the wicked are cutoff. I could on but I think the point is made. The Christian's hope is the eternal land inheritance promised to Abraham, just as Paul said.

11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.
15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.
16 For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.
17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:
18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. (Heb 6:11-20 KJV)

If you'remaking the claim that Clement was not the one who wrote the letter, can yousupply some evidence? The same thing could be said of the apostles. Justbecause a letter opens with Paul an apostle doesn't mean it was written by theapostle Paul. Anyone could have written a letter and said, Paul an apostle ofJesus Christ. Look at the Gospels of Peter and Thomas.

Hi Butch thought you jumped ship

No Butch; I said there is no INTERNAL evidence Clement is the writer of the Corinthian Epistles.

Paul the Apostle, not just any Paul I do consider a genuine writer of the New Testament letters; the ones supplying his name. I mentioned before Clement was a common name in the first century, and perhaps not the same Clement mentioned once in scripture.

I have presented in this thread what Jesus meant by the meek inheriting the earth. I’m not sure if you got my drift since your not responding to it. The questions are, "does the world, present tense, belong to the true believers in God’s eyes? And are today's Christians meek?

So far we're all in agreement. I was interested in see what passages of Scripture would be put forth to support the idea of going to Heaven as it's not stated in the Scriptures. It can only be inferred.

The earth will be the habitable place where believers live

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Joe 2:21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things.
Joe 2:22 Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength.
Joe 2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
Joe 2:24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil.
Joe 2:25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
Joe 2:26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
Joe 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Zec 14:13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
Zec 14:14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
Zec 14:15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.
Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
Zec 14:18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD'S house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
Zec 14:21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LRD of hosts.

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Hi before time,

None of this supports your argument. Heavenly is adjective not a noun

Hi Butch

Observe in the following scripture, heaven [a Noun]

1 Kings 8:30 And hearken thou to the supplication of thy servant, and of thy people Israel,when they shall pray toward this place: and hear thou in HEAVEN THY DWELLING PLACE: and when thou hearest, forgive. KJV

Dictionary definition

Heaven NOUN ˈhevn

1 (also Heaven) [uncountable] (used without the) (in some religions) the place believed to be the home of God where good people go when they die the kingdom of heaven I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.

In all the dictionaries I’ve check the word heaven is a noun. Also Strong’s makes clear heaven this way.

Heaven OT:8064 shameh (shaw-meh'); from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the
celestial bodies revolve): Strong's

Hi lowrab777

Isa 66:22For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Isa 66:24And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their WORM SHALL NOT DIE, neither shall their firebe quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

If we take these verses in Isaiah chapter 66 with a wooden literalism then according to Isaiah chapter 65 verse 20 people will be passing away. And it's the worms that will not die according to Isaiah 66:24 in the New Heavens and Earth. Go figure!

Isaiah 65:17 "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered,nor will they come to mind.

18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy.

19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more.

20 "Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; HE WHO DIES AT A HUNDRED WILL BE THOUGHT A MERE YOUTH; HE WHO FAILS TO REACH A HUNDRED WILL BE CONSIDERED ACCURSED.

Hi before time,

None of this supports your argument. Heavenly is adjective not a noun

Hi Butch

Observe in the following scripture, heaven [a Noun]

1 Kings 8:30 And hearken thou to the supplication of thy servant, and of thy people Israel,when they shall pray toward this place: and hear thou in HEAVEN THY DWELLING PLACE: and when thou hearest, forgive. KJV

Dictionary definition

Heaven NOUN ˈhevn

1 (also Heaven) [uncountable] (used without the) (in some religions) the place believed to be the home of God where good people go when they die the kingdom of heaven I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.

In all the dictionaries I’ve check the word heaven is a noun. Also Strong’s makes clear heaven this way.

Heaven OT:8064 shameh (shaw-meh'); from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the
celestial bodies revolve): Strong's

Hi before time,

Yes, heaven is a noun. However, we are not discussing Heaven, we are discussing "heavenly". The "ly" indicates that it is an adjective.

So far we're all in agreement. I was interested in see what passages of Scripture would be put forth to support the idea of going to Heaven as it's not stated in the Scriptures. It can only be inferred.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Joe 2:21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things.
Joe 2:22 Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength.
Joe 2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
Joe 2:24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil.
Joe 2:25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
Joe 2:26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
Joe 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Zec 14:13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
Zec 14:14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
Zec 14:15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.
Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
Zec 14:18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD'S house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
Zec 14:21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LRD of hosts.

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Hi lowrab,

I agree. It is abundantly clear that the earth is the abode of the believer in the kingdom.

If you'remaking the claim that Clement was not the one who wrote the letter, can yousupply some evidence? The same thing could be said of the apostles. Justbecause a letter opens with Paul an apostle doesn't mean it was written by theapostle Paul. Anyone could have written a letter and said, Paul an apostle ofJesus Christ. Look at the Gospels of Peter and Thomas.

Hi Butch thought you jumped ship

No Butch; I said there is no INTERNAL evidence Clement is the writer of the Corinthian Epistles.

Paul the Apostle, not just any Paul I do consider a genuine writer of the New Testament letters; the ones supplying his name. I mentioned before Clement was a common name in the first century, and perhaps not the same Clement mentioned once in scripture.

I have presented in this thread what Jesus meant by the meek inheriting the earth. I’m not sure if you got my drift since your not responding to it. The questions are, "does the world, present tense, belong to the true believers in God’s eyes? And are today's Christians meek?

What internal evidence. You cannot prove that Paul wrote those epistles unless you accept the testimony of the early Christians, the same Christians who said that it was the Clement who traveled with Paul that wrote the letter to the Corinthians. In order to dismiss Clément's letter you dismiss the testimony that Paul wrote the epistles that bear his name.

I'm not sure what you're getting at wit the meek. It really doesn't matter is those who are called Christians today are meek. Jesus didn't say the Christians shall inherit the earth, He said the meek shall inherit the earth. Therefore, Christians better be meek if they want to inherit the earth.

No, the world doesn't belong to believers today.

Hi Butch

No, the world doesn't belong to believers today
I beg to differ; if true Christians belong to Christ then the world belongs to them in God’s eyes. And those are the only eyes that count.

According to the inspired Paul,

1 Corinthians 3:20 and again, "The Lord knows that the thoughts of THE WISE ARE FUTILE."

21 So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours,

22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or THE WORLD or life or death or the present or the future — ALL ARE YOURS,

23 AND YOU ARE OF CHRIST, and Christ is of God.

This goes back to the promise to Abraham. What belonged to Abraham, land promises, belonged to his offspring. In turn according to scripture terminology what belongs to God, belongs to His offspring.

In like manner Abraham did not have to step on the land he possessed, even though God gave it to him.

Joshua 21:43 So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn togive their forefathers, and they took possession [only means ownership, custody etc] of it and settled there.

44 The Lord gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their forefathers. Not one of their enemies with stood them; the Lord handed all their enemies over to them.

45 Not one of all the Lord's good promises to the house of Israel failed; EVERY ONE WAS FULFILLED.

The bible is not about geographical land possession, it is restoration of man to God. This was Abraham’s hope. The better country is in Christ.

Do you consider yourself in Christ.

Exo 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Hi Butch

No, the world doesn't belong to believers today
I beg to differ; if true Christians belong to Christ then the world belongs to them in God’s eyes. And those are the only eyes that count.

According to the inspired Paul,

1 Corinthians 3:20 and again, "The Lord knows that the thoughts of THE WISE ARE FUTILE."

21 So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours,

22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or THE WORLD or life or death or the present or the future — ALL ARE YOURS,

23 AND YOU ARE OF CHRIST, and Christ is of God.

This goes back to the promise to Abraham. What belonged to Abraham, land promises, belonged to his offspring. In turn according to scripture terminology what belongs to God, belongs to His offspring.

In like manner Abraham did not have to step on the land he possessed, even though God gave it to him.

Joshua 21:43 So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn togive their forefathers, and they took possession [only means ownership, custody etc] of it and settled there.

44 The Lord gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their forefathers. Not one of their enemies with stood them; the Lord handed all their enemies over to them.

45 Not one of all the Lord's good promises to the house of Israel failed; EVERY ONE WAS FULFILLED.

The bible is not about geographical land possession, it is restoration of man to God. This was Abraham’s hope. The better country is in Christ.

Do you consider yourself in Christ.

Consider...

Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Exo 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Hi Reba

I believe Albert Barnes and Adam Clark show the spiritual significance of the words of Christ. Some have taken along line, of a worked up theology, to arrive at a future physical resurrection. Instead of enjoying all the promises of God standing right in front of them through the Gospel message consummating in a heavenly after life.

Matthew 5:5'Happy the meek — because they shall inherit theland. YLT

“[For they shall inherit the earth.] Or, teen geen, the land. Under this expression, which was commonly used by the prophets to signify the land of Canaan, in which all temporal good abounded, Judges 18:9-10, Jesus Christ points out that abundance of spiritual good, which was provided for men in the Gospel. Besides, Canaan was a type ofthe kingdom of God; and who is so likely to inherit glory as the man in whom the meekness and gentleness of Jesus dwelt?†AdamClark

1 Peter 3:4 but — the hidden man of the heart, in the incorruptible thing of the meek and quiet spirit, which is, before God, of greatprice, YLT

1 Corinthians 3:22 whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things about to be — all are yours, YLT

Something to Ponder

“[Or the world] This word is doubtless used, in its common signification, to denote the things which God has made; the universe, the things which pertain to this life. And the meaning of the apostle probably is,that all things pertaining to this world which God has made-all the events which are occurring in his providence were so far THEIRS, that they would contribute to their advantage, and their enjoyment. This general idea may bethus expressed:

The world was made by God their common Father, and they have an interest in it as HIS children, regarding it as the work of His hand, and seeing Him present in all His works. Nothing contributes so much to the true ENJOYMENT of the world-to comfort in surveying the heavens, the earth, the ocean, hills, vales, plants, flowers, streams, in partaking of the gifts ofProvidence, as this feeling, that ALL are the works of the Christian's Father,and that THEY may all partake of these favors as His children.†Albert Barnes'

Jesus did not die to give the true believers a plot of dirt and a corporal resurrection, corpses rising from a grave, to receive worldly desires. The only peace the New Testament mentions is peace, restoration, with God. If one has this peace they can show it to others if possible.

Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Luke 12:51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No,I tell you, but division.

Matthew 10:34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Hi John 8:32

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again,and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Many make the mistake in thinking John 14:2, 3 is speaking of a literal mansion, house, in heaven; instead of taking the real meaning of the words to be an abode. If we are going to compare scripture with scripture we see that the house Jesus was referring is different in nature.

Consider the scriptures

Luke 2:39 When Joseph and Mary had done everything required by the Law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee to their own town of Nazareth.

40 And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him.

41 Every year his parents went to Jerusalem for the Feast of the Passover.

42 When he was twelve years old, they went up to the Feast,according to the custom.

43 After the Feast was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it.

44 Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for aday. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends.

45 When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look forhim.

46 After three days they found him in the temple courts,sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.

47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers.

48 When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you."

49 "Why were you searching for me?" he asked."Didn't you know I had to be in MY FATHER'S HOUSE?"

Compare

John 2:14 In the temple courts he found men selling cattle,sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money.

15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables

16 To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out ofhere! How dare you turn MY FATHER'S HOUSE into a market!"

However the temple Jesus was referring to was a different sort of temple as we shall see.

To be continued.

Back