Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

strive4impact

Hi all.

A friend of mine sent me this screensaver download, and it had areally nice message, and the pictures are really beautiful, but...

the message seems a bit new agey more than Christian.

It's at http://www.WhyIsGodSinging.com

I enjoyed it (still sitting on my computer as my screensaver) but I just wonder about whether or not it's really a solid Christian message.

Thoughts?

Jonathan

I don't mean to be rude in any way with my post, but I do wonder why it is so important that your screen saver portray a "solid Christian message." Does everything in your life have to give off a testimony somehow? By this, I mean tangible things that you use every day, not the way you act.

I mean, does your Wheaties box have to have John 3:16 and a picture of Billy Graham on it?

It would seem that your attitude and the way you treat the people around you are a much better witness than a screensaver. Enjoy the beautiful pictures and stop worrying so much about your computer witnessing for you. Treat all people sincerely well and you'll have much more of an impact than a screensaver ever would.

JMO

~Kelli

Hey guys... lets be nice okay?

Kelli, I suspect it's important to Jonathan because he wants to know if it is edifying for himself and also if it is a good testimony. That's what we who live for Christ do. We want to spread the good news. You're right that how we act is a testimony as well.

Jonathan, the screensaver is somewhat scriptural, but it is missing the message of how God loved us so much He came here to suffer and die for us. That's important.

I think that it sends a very solid Christian message.

It reminded me of a portion of G.K. Cherstersons book, "Orthodoxy"

The sun rises every morning. I do not rise every morning; but the variation is due not to my activity, but to my inaction. Now, to put the matter in a popular phrase, it might be true that the sun rises regularly because he never gets tired of rising. His routine might be due, not to a lifelessness, but to a rush of life.

The thing I mean can be seen, for instance, in children, when they find some game or joke that they specially enjoy. A child kicks his legs rhythmically through excess, not absence, of life. Because children have abounding vitality, because they are in spirit fierce and free, therefore they want things repeated and unchanged. They always say, “Do it againâ€Â; and the grown-up person does it again until he is nearly dead. For grown-up people are not strong enough to exult in monotony. But perhaps God is strong enough to exult in monotony.

It is possible that God says every morning, “Do it again†to the sun; and every evening, “Do it again†to the moon. It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike; it may be that God makes every daisy separately, but has never got tired of making them. It may be that He has the eternal appetite of infancy; for we have sinned and grown old, and our Father is younger than we. The repetition in Nature may not be a mere recurrence; it may be a theatrical ENCORE.

I deleted some posts.

Just a reminder from the TofS:

5 - Respect each other's opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities.

6 - No Bashing of other members. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself.

As Veritas said, let's be nice!

handy said:
I deleted some posts.

Just a reminder from the TofS:

5 - Respect each other's opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities.

6 - No Bashing of other members. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself.

As Veritas said, let's be nice!

Thank you!

For the record, I was being nice. I have no idea why she posted something as rude as she did. I never thought that beauty was a requirement for civility on message boards.

~Kelli

ahh.. don't sell yourself short kelli,

I don't believe anything can ever truely capture what we see with and through our own eyes.

...true beauty shines out from within anyways. :wink:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back