Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Christianchic's prayer for her dad

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

christianchic2

Hi i am new here :)
and i have a prayer request. My dad is suffereing from depression for a while now, can you prayer for him to have strength in God so he can realised he is a powerful child of God. Thanks so much

Christianchic,

I started a new thread for your intro and prayer request...thought it could use some spotlighting. :biggrin

Blessings

Thank you so much. That really means alot to me, because for the last year it has been so hard seeing this once strong man of God become slave to his own mind and now believes all the doubt and fear the world has to give.
But i still not giving up and keeping faith and hope in God that he will make my Dad better.
Thank lovely once again, but you are a good example of how we should look out for one another in this big wonderful christian family we have.

You have my prayers, christianchic2.

28Have you not known? Have you not heard? the everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. 29He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. 30Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, 31But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40)

christianchic2 I pray not only for your Dad but also for stength for your whole family throughout this tough time.

Thanks for the prayers you guys. Right now this guy who is trained in the Freedom in Christ seris is going to help my Dad with his illness. He is changing in little ways, however i still feel thr root of the problem has not yet been solved. Keep us in prayers as i still fighting and having faith in God.

Hey everyone,
well just an update, things haven't changed much. He is still seeking help from a pastor and a counsellor. But not much improvements. So still keep on praying, i know God will answer, just pray he answers soon, cause i am weary, so is my family!! Thanks

Christianchic,

I will continue to pray for your dad. I want to share a verse that has helped me so much during a time of grief.

The whole of Psalm 42 was a blessing, but one verse caught me that just spoke truth during such a dark time.

Psalm 42:5
"5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance."

David is literally questioning his own state of mind here, his own soul, and then he remembers something more that his despair. He remembers to hope. But, he is so downcast, what can he hope in? He remembers that after he goes through trials, and dark times, he always ends up praising the Lord in the end...because the Lord ultimately smiles upon him and gives him great blessings and victories...even in the darkest of times. In fact, he was having one when he realized that his hope was in this blessed truth of God's faithfulness.

The Lord bless you.

If it is not too personal, may I ask what he is depressed about. And I will keep him in my prayers.

He is depressed about everything. About February last year it started when his Dad got sick and then is thoughts about himself not performing in work, which was just his perfectionist thoughts. From there it snowballed and now he is down about everything and self esteem is really low. We tell him every day that we love him and accept him for who he is, but it's like his mind won't believe any good thing. So that's the story.

He is depressed about everything. About February last year it started when his Dad got sick and then is thoughts about himself not performing in work, which was just his perfectionist thoughts. From there it snowballed and now he is down about everything and self esteem is really low. We tell him every day that we love him and accept him for who he is, but it's like his mind won't believe any good thing. So that's the story.

Depression can be a very bad thing. It is hard to go through. And it is good if his faith in God is strong. Which brings me to one last question. Is his faith in God strong? But again only answer if it not too personal.

My dad is known for many things, building a church from scratch, loving family man, strong dependable worker, logical thinker and a great father. But unfortunately, he is weak in faith, and i know that the enemy has taken advantage of that.
Since this is a forum here are my thoughts. I live in the island of Trinidad, and i have the opportunity to go to the USA to help out in a summer camp in 2006, I would love to go, however i don't want to leave my mom because i am a great help to her since dad's depression, i am her right hand these days. I have told God that i won't leave my mom for 3 months unless dad gets better.
So if it's his will for me to serve in America, He will get my Dad better first. I am going to take this out of faith that dad will be delivered before then. I am taking example of Abraham and Moses, communicating their thoughts to God with such a desire God granted their request. (Referring to Abraham plea to God to save Lot and his family, and Moses asking God to not condem the people)

Christianchic,

Your heart is such a blessing. I am sure both of your parents are praising God for you. I do too. I will continue to keep your dad in my prayers, and pray God's will on this situation.

The Lord bless you.

I've went through a crisis of faith recentely. It takes time to get over it; you may never. Fortunatley, with God's help, I have gotten through most of it. If your dad needs anybody to talk to my e-mail is always open.

Well of recenlty i have been seeing changes in Dad. He as actually been getting up to go to church and have been doing little changes here and there. THANK YOU GOD!!!!
I am still holding fast to the deal i made with God to make Dad better before June next year so that i can go to America to serve in the summer camp.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts fellow christians, it really helps know that we as a body is supporting each other around the world.

Continue to pray that he fully recovers and gets back on that horse of living.

Well, the battle still continues and we are still fighting for Dad to get better. What has helped me alot are the books "Victory over darkness" and "Bondage breaker" by Neil Anderson. It is helping my spiritual life and helps me understand what is happening to my dad.
The house is getting tense these days and it is very uncomfortable. Just continue to pray that things will get better, that Satan won't destory us and for us to have FAITH in God more and more everyday. Thanks everyone.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back