Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christianity Forums has started!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jsnbrown

Well, with The Revolution hitting it's first 10k posts and it's first year online, with some help from my co-admin, Zach, we got enough resources to bring on a new forum platform for us.

The software is called IPB, I know this might not mean much to you.. Just a bunch of techie gibber-gabber.. but really this is great for the members of Christianity Forum (Formerly The Revolution)

The social aspect of IPB is significantly better than its counterpart, phpbb3 (which is used here at CF.net)

Come by and check out the new http://Christianityforums.org !

We had a review done from The Admin Zone (A highly successful forum for administrators to get some ideas on running forums)

Here is the results:

Noles said:
First Impressions
The first thing I noticed was that great skin! I've always loved the vibe I get from those velvet skins, and for some reason it just seems to fit in perfectly with the theme. The skin and banner are two big things for me, and so far you're passing with flying colors.

Look
Logos and Banners:
The banner is simple enough, and I actually like it a lot that way. You need to try and adjust the addition to the left so it blends in though. All you would need to do is cut out the white part (the only important part) and fill it in with the rest. Unless that's the look you were aiming for, I'd fix that right away. Like I said though, the simplicity doesn't hurt you a bit.

Maybe you could even include your mascot onto your banner. ;)

Quantity of Forums:
Absolutely amazing forum structure! Your structure definitely has its own unique feel, rather than the generic 'same old' layout. The category/section titles really struck me as well - you did great at fitting them in with your theme. It's good to see multiple forums for various other discussions other than Christianity related things - as that might be annoying to some people.

Advertisements:
None that I can see.

Color Scheme and Styles:
Once again: I love it! Simply the vibe I get from that skin is just amazing to me. It's peaceful and ultimately quite a nice skin to look at. There's nothing wrong here, great job with it.

Page and Image Sizes:
You're fine here.

Favicon, Buttons, and Other Graphics:
Excellent favicon to match with the skin and theme.

Feel
Theme:
It's pretty clear to me that your forum is for discussions revolving around Christianity. Like I said, you have a good balance of "God talk" areas, and sections just for relaxing more or less.

Contests, Games, and Diversions:
"The Grand Colosseum" isn't looking too full right now, but at least you've started. The Wiki is nice too, even though it's pretty bare right now. I don't know if that's a community project you all are doing, but what a better diversion than having a community project/contest dedicated to constructing content for the Wiki! Just a thought.

Management
Points of Registration:
Nicely edited terms of registration to go along with the subject at hand. :tup:

Rules, FAQ, and Privacy Policy:
Besides the registration terms/rules, there wasn't anything I could find. Those rules you listed at the registration do about cover it all though, if I do say so myself. It's always good to have a little reminder up for those who need one however. My apologies if I overlooked them.

Quantity and Activity of Staff:
With an average of 6 posts each day from your staff, I'd say you all are doing just fine. Way to set the example!

Overall Impressions
From beginning to finish, I've honestly enjoyed being at your site. Even the smallest of things like the skin has hooked me from the start, and I'm impressed. Good luck to you all in the future, hopefully I helped.

Calling all Christians! We will soon be having a major event at Christianity Forums!

We will be having a month long Post Bomb!

What is a post bomb? Pretty much, a post bomb is where you come in and post as much as you possibly can.. What is the point? money..

I will be giving away $15* to the highest poster of that month.

It doesn't matter how new you are to the forum, who ever's posts increase the most from June 1 to June 30th will win a free $15 dollars*!

Which could mean a free CD or what ever..

So come by and check us out today! Go ahead and get to know the members there and get to know the layout of the forum.

Hope to see you soon!

* The winner must have a paypal account to get the money. You will receive the money up to but not after 2 weeks after the end date for me to calculate the posts.

I hope you like it there.. I am about to open up the Research area.. It will include a biblegateway-like Bible search engine and some nice images of israel and maps and diagrams..

I will also be looking for other ways to help our members grow in knowledge of Jesus Christ.

I hope to soon open up a free email service also. Hopefully.

Back