Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christians? Using self-defense and Guns?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Reba already did quote scripture and it was largely ignored.

You don't believe that satan wants to destroy you and spread evil, that he wants your children raped and murdered?

Reba quoted 1 Timothy 5:8 If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Amenities.

I believe Satan wants me in fear.

I would like to see that. im not old but I do train in mma and self defense. I know people that are in my gym and out weigh me and at present its hard to stop them in sparring with the grappling. im not a chump but I also know what my limits are each time I train.
Learning MMA would be a good idea, although it wouldn't stand up to the bad guy having a gun.

People take for granted what they have because their brothers/sisters in Christ have and are protecting their country borders with weapons and their streets with the same.

Learning MMA would be a good idea, although it wouldn't stand up to the bad guy having a gun.

People take for granted what they have because their brothers/sisters in Christ have and are protecting their country borders with weapons and their streets with the same.
I do more then mma. we haven't gone over gun disarming, though I have done that. but let us not get into the tuller drill and rule. just with the idea of defense for now.

Reba quoted 1 Timothy 5:8 If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Amenities.

I believe Satan wants me in fear.

The person without a weapon is the one in fear, weapons are for the strong to defend the weak. Because people have been inundated with "guns are bad", they are the ones in fear, afraid of learning and training how to use one.

We'll see who is in fear when we have a real attack in America and the ones without weapons seek those with, for protection.

LTD have you ever been in a life threatening position ... say with bad guys kicking in the door?

A locked door is a form of self defense ... keeping ones money in a bank is a form of protecting property...

And when you are raped and murdered they can move on the the next family member or neighbour ...

Calling the law is a form of self defense...
So is shooting the creep. The law allows for self defense. Who set up governments? God.

hello, in revalation, jesus said he would kill a woman named jezebel,for a judgement. jesus does kill if its needed for judgement.

hello, in revalation, jesus said he would kill a woman named jezebel,for a judgement. jesus does kill if its needed for judgement.
What will the pacifistic think when Jesus comes down and kills the wicked?

The person without a weapon is the one in fear, weapons are for the strong to defend the weak. .

I don't know about that, but scripture says that perfect love drives out fear, not guns.

1 John 4:17-18 In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear

What will the pacifistic think when Jesus comes down and kills the wicked?
some of them that I have read here appear to think jesus wont be slaying anyone.God wants us to live peacefully but man its a sinful world he isn't that way with violence. im not going argue much on this. if one doesn't want to buy a gun. then simply don't? America!

I don't know about that, but scripture says that perfect love drives out fear, not guns.

1 John 4:17-18 In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear
If a person isn't protecting their loved ones, it's not really love, especially since God gave them to you so you could protect them.

some of them that I have read here appear to think jesus wont be slaying anyone.God wants us to live peacefully but man its a sinful world he isn't that way with violence. im not going argue much on this. if one doesn't want to buy a gun. then simply don't? America!
You're probably right, people have their mind made up.

Me? I'm going to protect and fight back.

That's awesome! I'm not in the military but I imagine most people don't want to take anyone's life.
no one does. I wouldn't want to be around those that enjoy it. but getting into how we deal with that isn't on topic

Ex 21:12 He that smiteth a man so that he die shall surely be put to death. This is the grounds for capital punishment.

Ex. 21:15 He that smiteth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death. This is God's protection for the home.

Ex 21:16 He that stealeth a man and selleth him or if he be found in his hand shall surely be put to death. The list goes on... Where do you think government got their ideas from. We're to busy trying to reform criminals. Imagine if there was an instant death penalty for stealing today. Maybe the world would be different if we listened to God's advice.

Ex 21:12 He that smiteth a man so that he die shall surely be put to death. This is the grounds for capital punishment.

Ex. 21:15 He that smiteth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death. This is God's protection for the home.

Ex 21:16 He that stealeth a man and selleth him or if he be found in his hand shall surely be put to death. The list goes on... Where do you think government got their ideas from. We're to busy trying to reform criminals. Imagine if there was an instant death penalty for stealing today. Maybe the world would be different if we listened to God's advice.
doubtful, im not against the idea of the death penalty just that the system is so easily wrong about who was guilty. we have men being realeased for a crime they didn't commit and claimed as such. the dna evidence that wasn't around then but samples to be tested were available have exonerated quite a few.

doubtful, im not against the idea of the death penalty just that the system is so easily wrong about who was guilty. we have men being realeased for a crime they didn't commit and claimed as such. the dna evidence that wasn't around then but samples to be tested were available have exonerated quite a few.
There was a study done sometime ago that suggested states where death penalty laws are in effect, their crime is actually higher.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back