Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Church Rescue

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Deborah13

This is the name of a new reality show on one of the National Geographic channels.
It aired last night for the first time.

Three Christian business men help restore Churches.

I don't know.....I watched it but I'm not a reality show person.

Never heard of this, of course that could be because I don't have cable, but it does seem like an odd concept. What are they saving the churches from? Being dissolved? Not enough members? Being led down the wrong path?

Too many questions for my liking.

Who is in charge of "saving" these churches?

Never heard of this, of course that could be because I don't have cable, but it does seem like an odd concept. What are they saving the churches from? Being dissolved? Not enough members? Being led down the wrong path?

Too many questions for my liking.

Who is in charge of "saving" these churches?

There's only been one show, I didn't see the promo.
Last night a pastor wanted to build a new fancy church. They convinced him that they couldn't afford to do that, but help him fix up what they had and to do two sermons instead of one because of space.
But there was more to it. To long to explain...
If I remember I will watch it again to see. But I didn't feel good about this one. Maybe it was just because of the church they chose to start with. Too unusual, not the typical church style for the majority of Christians. That's one reason I question the motivation for the show.

Do you get the impression they will be working with a different church on each episode, kind of like Extreme Make Over Home Edition?

It sounds like the church they started with was trying to "put the cart before the horse" growth-wise. Many churches have fallen victim to that problem, where they either get a loan, or shell out the money, for a new facility then suddenly they have fewer members and cannot sustain the church.

Do you get the impression they will be working with a different church on each episode, kind of like Extreme Make Over Home Edition?

It sounds like the church they started with was trying to "put the cart before the horse" growth-wise. Many churches have fallen victim to that problem, where they either get a loan, or shell out the money, for a new facility then suddenly they have fewer members and cannot sustain the church.

Yes, I sure there will be a different church next time.
I do think that part of the show was teaching good stewardship.

Well, at least on that level it sounds fine. I still am curious as to what organization is doing this.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back