Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Church Women Are to Be Well Behaved.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
First I am not Pentecostal, second you can not judge that of what is between me and God, and third you need to drop the sarcasm as we are all getting tired of it. All you give are your opinions mixed with a scripture here or there, but yet you have nothing to back yourself up with except one verse. Many of us, including the men in here, have given you scriptures that you might go study them in the fulness of the word of God, but yet you reject the whole counsel of God on this issue. You claim to be a Christian, but you show no fruits of the Spirit.
When you say you respected the men and women in prison to whom you spoke, you erred. God is a respecter of no man. Learn His word before you boast.

Yes, you are a Pentecostal. Do not be so ashamed of it.

I think 1 John 4:1-6 is pretty much self explanatory.

Test the Spirits
1John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
Do you hear that Paul spoke the Word of God in 1 Tim. 2:12, "I suffer not a woman to teach?"

Please tell me about how you are supposedly able to "tear a new one in me." Would that be part of your anointing? Yes? Be accountable for your finest endeavors driven by your natural being. I am listening.

Regards.

I really miss the Prison ministry. I use to go in on Thursdays and spend an hour with the men and an hour with the women and then those individuals on lockdown. They respected me and I respected them. The Pastor of the church we were going to at that time was the Chaplin and when he stepped down another church took over and basically kicked me out in order to put their people in there. One of the best experiences I will always treasure.
It is typical of a woman's nature to begin a sentence with the pronoun "I," as above. God is to be our first reference, not one's self. Do you not agree? No?

I really miss the Prison ministry. I use to go in on Thursdays and spend an hour with the men and an hour with the women and then those individuals on lockdown. They respected me and I respected them. The Pastor of the church we were going to at that time was the Chaplin and when he stepped down another church took over and basically kicked me out in order to put their people in there. One of the best experiences I will always treasure.
Speak tongues here in the forum. Speak then as a sign for unbelievers, as shown in 1 For. 14:22, "Tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not."

Yet you babbling Pentecostals speak tongues to each other. That must mean none of you believe. Hear the Word of God which judges.

If it said what you claim, you would have posted the actual scripture. Instead you stated your opinion and tagged your opinion with a scripture reference.

Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control. 1 Timothy 2:11-15

I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man...

This is actually what the scripture says, ie God’s word.

What you posted was not.

As it plainly says, Paul says he doesn’t allow women to teach or have authority over a man.

What is doesn’t say is — women are not allowed to teach in the Church.

Women can and do teach younger women, and children as well as other women.

But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
Titus 2:1-5

Paul chose to establish rules in the Churches he raised up as he saw fit to do among the Gentiles in that day and time.

Other Apostles may have had a different approach based on the leading of the Spirit.

To the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all those who have known the truth, because of the truth which abides in us and will be with us forever:
Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth, as we received commandment from the Father. 2 John 1-4
John refers to the elect lady and her (spiritual) children who she taught to walk in the truth.

This is a reference to a woman in an Apostolic or Pastoral role.
JLB
I disagree.
John is writing to the church, who he understands is the bride of Christ.
That is the one referred to as "lady".

Was Paul speaking the Word of God about women not teaching? Yes? No? Answer up with confidence in The Word, rather than with doubt.

My point exactly.

All scripture is inspired by God.

.... And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.

Did Paul say “I” or did he “we” as in all leaders should not let women teach?

As you can plainly see from the passage in 2 John, not all leaders promoted Paul’s rule.

To the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all those who have known the truth, because of the truth which abides in us and will be with us forever:
Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth, as we received commandment from the Father. 2 John 1-4

John refers to the elect lady and her (spiritual) children who she taught to walk in the truth.

JLB

"He saves us by the washing of regeneration, and the renewing of the Holy Spirit."

Do you wish to be regenerated?

Doesn't our regeneration happen through God's word? It talks of the washing thru the water of the word or something like that?

I disagree.
John is writing to the church, who he understands is the bride of Christ.
That is the one referred to as "lady".

What Church do you claim John is writing to?

John wrote different messages to different Churches as they were not all the same, nor did they behave the same.

See Revelation 2 and 3

John was writing to a specific woman, in 2 John.

JLB

I prefer women teachers instead of men. I actually learn better when a woman is teaching me, than when a man is teaching me.

I like others have mentioned believe that teaching was for a specific time and place and not for all times. That Paul was reacting to a circumstance within that particular church that needed to be addressed.

We also see that this chosen lady has a chosen sister in 2 John:13;
" The children of your sister, who is chosen by God, send their greetings."
I too, see these women as being people rather than being used figuratively or symbolically.

What Church do you claim John is writing to?
All the churches, including today's.
No specific body is mentioned in his letter.
John wrote different messages to different Churches as they were not all the same, nor did they behave the same.
See Revelation 2 and 3
John was writing to a specific woman, in 2 John
JLB
Which specific woman?

Back