Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Churches must pay taxes

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Personally this is what I would purpose. That ALL churches and ministeries, without exception, have to provide a yearly financial report to a certified charity watch in order to maintain their tax exempt status and that the report be available to the public.
Right now both John McArthur and Andrew Wommack do this. Although John does not allow full access to records as Andrew does.
Other charities have to give reports to the IRS yearly.
most of the pastors I listen to do report.

Leery of what?
if the irs doesn't like our preaching. they can harass us. think about the consertative charities and pacs that are harassed and the liberal ones ignored.

before the irs a church could endorse a candidate. now they cant.

our government should be neutral toward both sides but its not. both right and left are guilty of it. the left does it more but the right has done it as well.

if the irs doesn't like our preaching. they can harass us. think about the consertative charities and pacs that are harassed and the liberal ones ignored.

before the irs a church could endorse a candidate. now they cant.

That's why the church should reject the 501c3 exempt status.

That's why the church should reject the 501c3 exempt status.
yes I understand that, but the government will get a large part of the money. either two things
1) go underground as the irs still can harass the church. yet the government could simply raise taxes on a class or group simply to harass them. history shows this and this why we declared the colonies free of the crown
2) kotow and pay so much in taxation that the poor flounder and go to the government anway.large churches will pay more then their share. how would tax a business then since now its a business? see my point.

on that. there would a planning and zoning fee for each type of church yearly for tax puropose. ad valorem on some properties could sky rocket. where once it was 0 for each year now its 20k a year. then theres income from tithing that the state, county, city and federal will divvy up.

When we start pointing fingers, we need to save one for ourselves. Not saying you're wrong..........

I'm just saying..........
I always heard when you point a finger at someone you have 3 fingers pointing at yourself.

When we start pointing fingers, we need to save one for ourselves. Not saying you're wrong..........

I'm just saying..........
That observation would be relevant if the person to whom you addressed your remarks was a preacher.
Meanwhile, Benny Hinn has ten fingers pointing to his falsehood. One holds a mic as he asks for money in the millions, and one lays hands on people who are gullible enough to believe he heals by touch.

And Joyce Meyer?

I personally believe a church selling books, tapes or videos, and anything else they charge for should be taxed on those products. I do not think our donations should be taxed just as they're not taxed to other non-profit organizations, and I wouldn't give them leeway for a break for their statement of "We will send this for a donation of any amount;" that donation should also be taxed. Wages paid for any purpose? Tax them. Residence provided for different ones? Tax them at fair market value, and include their use charged to the taxable wages of those inhabiting them. We then may be able to rid ourselves of those charging for the word of God. Mat 10:8 freely ye have received, freely give. There, I said it. :)

That observation would be relevant if the person to whom you addressed your remarks was a preacher.
Meanwhile, Benny Hinn has ten fingers pointing to his falsehood. One holds a mic as he asks for money in the millions, and one lays hands on people who are gullible enough to believe he heals by touch.

And Joyce Meyer?

Jesus said:

Matthew 15
13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

True. And yet, if we see a blind person about to walk in front of a truck because another blind person has them tethered to a rope that has, "leader", embossed upon it, do we allow that blind person being led to continue on their path?
Or do we cut the rope?

To put this evil one to whom Parsley refers into context when he speaks of writing a check for 3 million dollars here, read this so as to put that evil one into context. Parsley, who claims he had nothing to do with what transpired so as to make that check, a settlement check, necessary, is referring to a child. Who's family sued after their son was beaten severely by an alleged substitute teacher at Parsley's church school.
Excerpt from that read this link:
The proximate cause of Parsley's trouble, it seems, is a $3 million deficit for the fourth quarter and a $3.1 million legal settlement over a 2006 incident in which a two-year-old child in a Parsley-affiliated daycare center was spanked so hard that his "buttocks and legs were covered with welts and abrasions":

The boy, then 2, said he was spanked with a "knife" by a substitute teacher. His parents, Michael and Lacey Faieta, believe it was a ruler.... The Faietas said Parsley refused to meet personally with them and that the church did not apologize or take accountability for the beating.... Mr. Faieta said he and his wife were "disgusted" and "saddened" by Parsley's words.

I kid you not. Years ago I was driving in Tampa and had occasion to get into a left turn lane so as to enter route 275 from a city street on-ramp. As I approached that intersection where my turn was, I had to blink and realize what I was looking at.
A young girl in a dress, wearing wrap around sunglasses and holding a cane, the style used by the blind, was standing on the island on the right side of an incredibly busy street, that which I was on and making my left into the turn lane, while holding onto the post of the stop light beside her. In the island across from this girl where the other light was that indicated to my lane that left turn, was the young girls guide! Standing there at the end of what was a painted pedestrian cross walk that ended at her feet and that island where she stood.
This woman had left her blind charge on the other side of the intersection!

Taking all this in, God let it be so that the signal light in the through way traffic lanes, three lanes, turned red, stopping three lanes of bumper to bumper traffic. While my left turn lane turned green as I approached. I took the left, veered to the right onto the shoulder beneath the overpass of 275, threw my car in park and ran back across that busy street to the blind girl. Who was still there even though the light had changed so that her guide could make her way back to her.
By that time the light was green again and we waited together for another change as I introduced myself and told her I'd help her across to her guide.
I did this and then I got in my car and proceeded on my way after a brief conversation with the guide to make sure the girl was OK and on her way to the houses just across the way.

Until this moment, this thread, I never really understood how God could let a scene like that come to my attention. How does a blind girls guide make her way alone and without her charge and across a busy intersection? Leaving the blind girl alone at an intersection she had no way of crossing unassisted? How do they do that and find themselves trusted to ever lead again?:
I'd have talked the girl to her home if she'd have let me, because I didn't trust the guide. But the young girl insisted it was alright to leave her there with the older woman.

Who it turned out was her mother.

Jesus said:

Matthew 15
13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

truth is, this happens every day. (spiritually blind leaders..... and the blind witlessly willingly following them willy nilly, uncaring and unwilling to turn to truth when asked) (truth is much stranger than fiction)

True. And yet, if we see a blind person about to walk in front of a truck because another blind person has them tethered to a rope that has, "leader", embossed upon it, do we allow that blind person being led to continue on their path?
Or do we cut the rope?

Spiritual blindness and physical blindness are not the same thing.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back