Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Cleansing system?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

A.J.

I want to do a body detox. I just want to flush out all my toxins and clean out my colon, for a "fresh start," before I start a new workout program. I am 5' 7" and weigh 140 lbs, so I dont want to drop too much weight. I want to make sure I have nutrients and energy to excel in college work. Any advice?

I want to do a body detox. I just want to flush out all my toxins and clean out my colon, for a "fresh start," before I start a new workout program. I am 5' 7" and weigh 140 lbs, so I dont want to drop too much weight. I want to make sure I have nutrients and energy to excel in college work. Any advice?

140 pounds is normal and I don't think that you will lose much by working out if you increase muscle mass. Lots of protein and vitamins, minerals will help --- Atkin's like eating with maybe some carbs to keep the weight up any "low fat" stuff are probably sugars and will put on weight as evidenced by many fat people these days who have been warned by the medical establishment about "bad" saturated fats and cholesterol and told to eat "whole grains" which most of it is still refined flour with corn syrup sweetener. That's why you can have some of that stuff to keep the weight up. :biggrin

Your colon does not need cleaning out if it works normally, as the body is very efficient filter. I think this whole cleaning issue and fads they talk about isn't so much from toxins per se, but the body's inability to expel them properly because the person wants their cake and eat it too (and then more cake :lol). There's too much junk in the foods so as it is, and then when people end up eating the junk and then end up with constipation they wonder why so they have to detox. And many who then get fit, weigh less and gain health feel they can "let go" and go back to their old ways again --- so many do not want to really change. They just want the junk without the consequences.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back