Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Coins

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey that's pretty cool Elijah. I have some old coins i keep in a box; Just a few I've collected here and there, but I don't know much about them.

I have a couple of Morgan Silver Dollars from 1929 I think. Last year they where minted I believe.

Hey that's pretty cool Elijah. I have some old coins i keep in a box; Just a few I've collected here and there, but I don't know much about them.

I have a couple of Morgan Silver Dollars from 1929 I think. Last year they where minted I believe.

1921? I think that's when they stopped minting them. They stopped minting silver dollars altogether around 1935. I used to collect silver dollars while they were still in circulation in the 1960s.

1921? I think that's when they stopped minting them. They stopped minting silver dollars altogether around 1935. I used to collect silver dollars while they were still in circulation in the 1960s.

Correct, 1921. I just got them out and took a look at them. I have two. One has the eagle wings open and one has the eagle wings closed. what's that about?

I also have a silver dime from 1964 and a silver Quarter from 1962. Both of those I received as change in normal circulation. The Quarter came to me as change from a Coke machine. It sounded funny when it hit the bottom of the tray and on inspection I notice it silver.

Correct, 1921. I just got them out and took a look at them. I have two. One has the eagle wings open and one has the eagle wings closed. what's that about?

I also have a silver dime from 1964 and a silver Quarter from 1962. Both of those I received as change in normal circulation. The Quarter came to me as change from a Coke machine. It sounded funny when it hit the bottom of the tray and on inspection I notice it silver.

In 1921 they minted the last of the Morgan dollars and first of the Peace dollars. The first has an eagle with open wings and the second with closed wings.

With the price of silver at its current rate, I'd say the dime is worth about $2.00 and the quarter $5.00.

Old things are our connection with history. I, too accumulate old stuff for the same reason. It's intriguing that Lady Liberty has been a symbol of freedom for so long.

Old things are our connection with history. I, too accumulate old stuff for the same reason. It's intriguing that Lady Liberty has been a symbol of freedom for so long.

Yeah, I wish they kept putting lady liberty on coins. Walking liberty, standing liberty, liberty seated ... They were all good.

That is cool.:)

My dad used to run a pawn shop and has some old coins like that. Not sure that any of them are that old, though. I think he had some from around the Civil War.

That is cool.:)

My dad used to run a pawn shop and has some old coins like that. Not sure that any of them are that old, though. I think he had some from around the Civil War.

Coins from the Civil War are pretty old.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back