Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Cold Fusion 23 years later

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

kowalskil

The unresolved scientific controversy

Some of you are probably not too young to remember what happened nearly 23 years ago, on March 23, 1989. It was a dramatic announcement of the discovery of the so called Cold Fusion. Some people think that this was the greatest fiasco of the last century; others believe that this discovery was an important step toward future technology of pollution-free nuclear energy. The link to my free online book about Cold Fusion is:

http://ludkow.info/cf/403memoir.html

Please forward this post to those who might be interested. Thank you in advance. It is my third book written after the retirement.

Some of you are probably not too young to remember what happened nearly 23 years ago, on March 23, 1989.

A friend of mine was a senior metallurgist for Johnson Matthey, who provided the rare metals etc needed for 'cold fusion'. He was absolutely convinced it was working and 23 years later is still red-faced about it. It ruined his career.

Even worse, I think, was the very first 'fusion reactor', ZETA at Harwell (UK). They proudly proclaimed "free electricity for all, it will be so cheap it is not worth metering it!" That was in 1957, 55 years ago. Each time I see news of yet another fusion reactor they forecast that it is 'only ten years away'!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back