Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Cold weather causing people to go crazy

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok guys and Gal's, I'm sorry I ever brought up chemtrails, even as a bad joke. Lets not have any deep discussions on the matter as there are other threads you can take that too. Oh, and thanks in advance :thumbsup

So I"ve got 2 foot snow drifts in my driveway and it's snowing again... Woot woot, think I'll go play on the snow blower and maybe build an igloo with my son :)

That is all you can do, enjoy the snow and winter and cold!

I am happy I left ten years ago, not in the mood for that stuff anymore. Sure is pretty right after it falls, but then you have the mess on the roads (salt) and the mess when it melts (mud) and the problems with the thawing ground in the spring.

I'm staying in the (relatively) warm and sunny south. Thinking of going hiking saturday...

I need the seasonal change. It adds interest to the year. I couldn't imagine not having the refreshing fealings of spring or the colors of autumn. From the time I've spent working in SC or GA, I learned real quick that I couldn't handle the heat of summer. I would much rather deal with the cold of a MN winter any day.

Someone asked me once when I was in SC how I could stand it. I told them that I can always add a layer of clothing and keep busy to stay warm but what I couldn't understand was how that particular day started out for me. As I sat in the lobby enjoying the continental breakfast offered by the motel, I looked out the window. The sun was shining, a gentle breeze was blowing, and it looked like a great day to be out. After finishing my breakfast I walked to the door, open it up, and just about passed out when the heat and humidity hit me in the face. It was only 6:00 in the morning and the thought hit me that I was working in an industrial facility with no climate control and it was only going to get worse! I could strip naked and there would be no relief at all.

I admire you southerners.

I want to move back to Brunswick Georgia at the north east Florida line.

like that paper plant smell,and smoke in the morning. no thanks.

perhaps when i retire it will be in the northwest.

where theres no golfers, ornery new eglanders.

and mild weather yr round.

:)

I want to move back to Brunswick Georgia at the north east Florida line.
I have wanted to live in Bruswick since 1990, but no job has opened up there for me. :sad I have a friend who has been there since 1990 and he loves the place! As do I!

Whew! That's 3 waves of snow-blowing today! Nice and neat until the wind erases my work. How did I grow up in Michigan without snow-blowers!

Jackson, eh, PG? I loved Jeff's comment! :biggrin Actually, Consumer's Energy is a client of mine, and I get down there every couple of months.

The Texas issue -

It rained, and went down to 14 degrees in Dallas Monday night - and STAYED THERE. There's nothing funnier than Dallas in an ice storm - that stays around.

3/4" -1" of ice and three days later we're STILL paralyzed.

It's made an ABSOLUTE fiasco of "Super Bowl Week", moved and cancelled activities, they made heroic efforts to keep things warm, and there's folks wondering what to do with their $200 "parking lot" tickets. The folks that were going to be ready for "Anything" - weren't. The NFL is putting a "Happy face" on it all, but I'll bet they won't forget this anytime soon.

Green bay, of course is wondering what all the "Fuss" is about (remember the "ice bowl"??)

Since I'm the Chief engineer of a manufacturing plant, I found out that electricity on Thursday (since we buy on "market rate") will rise from 2.7 cents per kilowatt hour - to 98 cents a kilowatt hour!!!!. And we've got "Rolling blackouts", since TWO coal fired plants are down (frozen plumbing), and the Gas Fired backups couldn't be started because of LOW gas pressure - because of the cold. We'll shut down Thursday, and HOPE that things get back to normal. AS of now Texas has a 4000 MEGAWATT shortfall in supply/demand on its grid.

I have wanted to live in Bruswick since 1990, but no job has opened up there for me. :sad I have a friend who has been there since 1990 and he loves the place! As do I!
My soon to be ex wife is still there, and also my 18 year son and my grandson is there as well as friends. Yeah Jason that paper mill really had a kick to it at times. But I am a ocean man, I love the ocean, I could walk down the street from where I lived and look up the street and see the boats docked man I miss that really bad. But my parents need me up here.

florida has an ocean, in fact a whole lot of it.

i live near it,less then two miles.

for a date i took my wife to the beach after a seafood dinner.

hadnt been there with her in a few yrs.

Jason I told you that I have people in Tampa, St Petersburg and Miami. I was going to move to Tampa in 1980.

Re: The Texas issue -

Since I'm the Chief engineer of a manufacturing plant, I found out that electricity on Thursday (since we buy on "market rate") will rise from 2.7 cents per kilowatt hour - to 98 cents a kilowatt hour!!!!. And we've got "Rolling blackouts", since TWO coal fired plants are down (frozen plumbing), and the Gas Fired backups couldn't be started because of LOW gas pressure - because of the cold. We'll shut down Thursday, and HOPE that things get back to normal. AS of now Texas has a 4000 MEGAWATT shortfall in supply/demand on its grid.

I think that price is a clear message: "We can't provide the energy - so please don't try to use it".

Ok everyone, it's just been down right cold in Michigan lately. Matter a fact, it was below zero last night and the high for today is under 20.

On top of that, we're expecting a major snow storm so the buzz of the city is all about getting prepared for this "monumental" blizzard.

I think people are going crazy or something... like it's the end of the world. Let me give you two examples of what I'm talking about....
Funny you should mention end of the world. Here in New York/New Jersey area (be quiet Jason :lol ) some members of the press dubbed this winter "SNOWPOCALYPSE". :yes We have no where to put the stuff! We have broken snowfall records this season. Add to the mess the major ice storm we had this week, as it literally took down the rail system for several hours.

Personally, I'm loving it! :lol Oh, except for the pesky leak we've got dripping from the ceiling near the living room window. The drip from the ceiling into the bucket I keep there until I can get the leak fixed seems to entertain the cats. :biggrin

They must think I have in indoor waterfall! :lol

the bible says that the anti-christ shall rise up from the state of new jersey.

I could be wrong, but if I was a man of the world, (which I am not) I would lay heavy odd's that the three of you 'cute':waving ones will be changing your 'tunes' before Matt. 24:21 goes into this 'great tribulation' much further on?

---Elijah

Ps: I thought that you might like this? From volum nine, page 11 year 1909. (9/11?) of E.G.W. Testimonies for the Church.

The first skyscraper had been built in 1887. She wrote:

On one occasion, when in New York City I was in the night season called upon to behold buildings rising story after story toward heaven. These buildings were warranted to be fireproof, and they were erected to glorify the owners and builders. Higher and still higher these buildings rose, and in them the most costly material were used.

As these lofty buildings went up, the owners rejoiced with ambitious pride that they had money to use in gratifying self... The time is coming when in their fraud and indolence men will reach a point that the Lord will not permit them to pass, and they will learn that there is a limit to the forbearance of Jehovah.

The scene that next passed before me was an alarm of fire. Men looked at the lofty and supposedly fire-proof buildings and said: 'They are perfectly safe.' But these buildings were consumed as if made of pitch. The fire engines could do nothing to stay the destruction. The firemen were unable to opperate the engines...

No earthly power can stay the hand of God. No material can be used in erection of buildings that will preserve them from destruction when God's appointed time comes to send retribution on men for their disregard of His law and for their selfish ambition.

And it is interesting that this tragic time/frame came on 9/11 and in this volum 9 page 11, huh? But, look around all over planet earth for one disaster following another, and remember that heart, cancer, & crime are all to be figured in the last day of Matt. 24:21. Also read on for the scenes to follow which will seperate the supposed elect from the 'Elect'!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back