Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Come unto Me!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Come unto me and you shall find rest for your souls.

When Christ said "Come onto me" he didn't say come to a particular position or doctrine. He didn't say come to election, or to righteousness. He didn't say come to God's Sovereignty. He told sinners to come unto me, because when a sinner comes to Christ they receive all he did in his work and in his person. We were choosen by him, and accepted by him. Redemption is through his blood, we obtain as inheritance in him. We were quicken in him and raised up to sit in heavenly places in him. In Christ is all we need.

We need righteousness..........Christ is our righteousness
We need wisdom..................Christ is our wisdom.
We need sanctification..........Christ is our sanctification
We need redemption............Christ is our redemption

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification and redemption............1 COR. 1:30

"Come unto me" and all that is in him you will have and will spend the rest of your life learning about all you have in Him.

Excerpt from a recent sermon.................

I am surprised no one wanted to debate on this . Usually anything I post someone wants to tell me I'm wrong. This was from this past Sunday and I thought it good..............Thanks all for not starting a critical debate....I appreciate this...................God Bless :)

Most all the churches preach this same generic type sermon; they declare that anyone can come to Christ; that all were chosen.

So, how is the sermon you posted any different?

The Bible says:

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

So, not of a person's own volition can he come to Christ, but only if God has chosen him. Not all were chosen.

God's salvation is discriminate; only for His elect!

John 17:2
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

GTG!

So, how is the sermon you posted any different?

this is no different than any other, just the truth. But this is based on God has elected a certain people and was shortened to save space. When believers hear the word repeated a thousand times, they rejoice in the truth and never grow tired of hearing.

So, not of a person's own volition can he come to Christ, but only if God has chosen him. Not all were chosen.

I like this...............not everyone believes God Choose a certain people. They claim THAT would be unfair to choose some and not others.

The LORD is the potter and we are the clay. He makes us as he wants and pleases and who can so anything to him.

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

As many as were ordained to eternal life believed. Acts 13:48

Good Scriptures for ALL to consider. Thank you Messenger

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back