Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Coming Blood Moons and Eclipses

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Just lurking, but I can see that some people don't understand the importance of the Hebrew calendar, the positions of the heavenly bodies and their relation to the feasts and prophecy. Think of it this way: It's just "big clock hands" in the heavens that Yahweh told man to use for appointments, yet nobody has trouble keeping a doctor's appointment or to catch a plane and think its a form of astrology. If you ask me, it's the calendar we all should use, not for just characters like me.

I think so too brother. God is big on numbers and dates and so forth.Right, wrong, belief, no belief...the stuff is certainly interesting and worth our consideration.

I came across yet another interesting video this morning which speaks on some of it. We do know that the Lord uses some symbolism in scripture...so with an open mind...enjoy:

Huh, it wont let me embed it for some reason. Well here is the link to it.

Rev_12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Well, I'm sure that numbers do have their significance sometimes, but in Scripture I guess I'm far more into words in their context.

This thread has gone off topic ( self included ) With the OPs new post it is a nice time to get back on topic and stay there Moderator

Edward said:
I think you might be confusing astrology with astronomy
NO WAY. :cool:
Edward, I'm almost offended you assume I could confuse science and superstition. :rollingpin
I've been into astronomy since I was 10. I was lucky to grow up in a state where astronomy classes were a regular part of the highschool curriculum, and when in those classes I often knew more than the teacher. I know what astronomy does and what it does not. :tongue
The Nasa calculating and publishing dates of past and future eclipses is doing astronomy. Some people wildly linking celestial events to earthly events that happen to take place around the same time is astrology.
That's like some mediaeval scholar seeing Halley's comet in the sky and predicting that comet predicts the end of the world and God's judgement day is near, because last time the comet was seen was the year before the pest broke out in that scholar's town.

The middle east is a powder keg since the end of WWII, and if you want you can find pivotal events happening there for almost every year. It's very likely that something will happen there in 2014/15, because it's a region of permanent political turmoil.

On the other hand, how many big events happened to the Jewish people trhoughout their history that were not accompanied by a tetrad?
There's big events on the horizon my brother and sisters. It behooves us all to search those scriptures and pray.
I would love to see that you are right - heck I would love to see the end of this world and Christ's return.
But I remain sceptical, because the kind of reasoning of that prophesy is very susceptible to logical fallacies.

I just found this video with him doing a more in depth teaching of it. Explaining exactly the language used in Genesis 1:14 in the Hebrew. This isn't sensationalism, this is biblical. If it sounds sensational that is because God is doing it and isn't everything he does amazing? Nobody is saying Jesus will return during those years, just that the likelihood that a significant event will occur is overwhelmingly hard to overlook. I guess when over the last 1900 years there has been so many false prohecies and false prophets, and people running around saying it is now time, when this stuff comes up, it is set aside as just a coincidence. The thing is though that no man or woman can control when the moon turns to blood, or the stars falling from the heavens. This is God's creation doing this and he is sending us messages and signals as he designed the things in his creation to do.

What is the rainbow a picture of? Is that not God using nature to send us a message every time we see one? In Matthew 2 the magi knew the appearance of Jesus. How?

Numbers 24:17 “I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near; A star shall come forth from Jacob, A scepter shall rise from Israel, And shall crush through the forehead of Moab, And tear down all the sons of Sheth.

I will gladly have fun with this bit of information to try and discern the signs of the times.

Let me explain Keith's moon pages (this is a good link) to everyone here. A tetrad occurs when you see 4 umbral eclipses in a row. Not penumbral, not partial, but umbral only. Now, we can see that rarely happens, only a few incidents in the last 200+ years. The eclipse cycle is a little less than 6 months, so the terads (or any other eclipses) walk around the calendar a little. In addition to it happening only once in awhile, it occurs even less at the feast days since these eclipses walk around the calendar.

The reason for this is long and a little technical, so I won't go into it. However, all the average person here needs to know is about the 4 umbral eclipses in a row.

Umbral = moon totally in the earth's darkest shadow
partial = moon just partly darkened and the other part is lighter at the border of the darkest shadow
penumbral = moon is in the outer fringe of the shadow, and an untrained eye may have a hard time seeing an eclipse at all.

NO WAY. :cool:
Edward, I'm almost offended you assume I could confuse science and superstition. :rollingpin
I've been into astronomy since I was 10. I was lucky to grow up in a state where astronomy classes were a regular part of the highschool curriculum, and when in those classes I often knew more than the teacher. I know what astronomy does and what it does not. :tongue
The Nasa calculating and publishing dates of past and future eclipses is doing astronomy. Some people wildly linking celestial events to earthly events that happen to take place around the same time is astrology.
That's like some mediaeval scholar seeing Halley's comet in the sky and predicting that comet predicts the end of the world and God's judgement day is near, because last time the comet was seen was the year before the pest broke out in that scholar's town.

The middle east is a powder keg since the end of WWII, and if you want you can find pivotal events happening there for almost every year. It's very likely that something will happen there in 2014/15, because it's a region of permanent political turmoil.

On the other hand, how many big events happened to the Jewish people trhoughout their history that were not accompanied by a tetrad?

I would love to see that you are right - heck I would love to see the end of this world and Christ's return.
But I remain sceptical, because the kind of reasoning of that prophesy is very susceptible to logical fallacies.

:couch

Oh, sorry about that Claudya. You probably do know the difference and uh...a lot more than I do about either one. I never did get into astrology in any serious way. Oh I'd read my horoscope when I was a kid but when I grew up a little bit I didn't even bother.

Only now at this late date have I realized that the astronomical goings on in the universe could have some serious biblical meanings for us in that they are designed by God to show us signs and indicators of the spiritual season that we are in.

The middle east has been a powder keg since nearly the beginning of time, as far as I can tall! (Loosely stated)
I think a big point my OP is that, Tetrads (four blood moons in a row, and specifically the ones which fall upon the Lords days...Are extreeemly rare, and always tied to a big pivotal event, scripturally speaking. There's only been three of them within the last...?? couple thousand years or something like that. The inquisition (unknown date), 1948 when Israel rose from the ashes like a phoenix to become s nation once again, and the last one in 1967 when Israel took back Jerusalem.

We are about to have another one. Scientific fact. Sooo...something big and pivotal as you say is going to happen around that time. We do not know exactly what, however, scripture gives us clues. There sure is a lot of prophecy in the bible. While there may be some disagreements between believers about what all prophecy has been fulfilled and what is to come...I think that most would agree that the prophecies which have been 'clearly' fulfilled, that they were fulfilled with uncanny accuracy!

Our sovereign Creator and Sustainer has predetermined these blood red moons to indicate critical and important times in history; specifically, the “blood moon tetrad.” First of all, we know that God outlined his Holy Feast days for the Jewish people in Leviticus 23. These Jewish Feasts were not created by man but by the God of Israel. A blood moon tetrad (BMT) is when 4 consecutive total lunar eclipses occur on a Holy Feast day. There have been 7 BMTs since Jesus Christ’s first coming. What makes this even rarer is the fact that every single BMT has brought a significant event to the Jewish people within a year of the first or last eclipse of the tetrad. In the most recently noted BMTs we saw: 1949-1950 (1948 Israel becomes a state again, with the Israeli war armistice in 1949), and 1967-1968 (Jerusalem captured by Israel in 1967 as the result of the 6-day war). Of course, these were extremely important events related to Biblical prophecy and eschatology.

The next BMT occurs on Passover April 15, 2014, Tabernacles Oct. 8, 2014, Passover April 4, 2015 and Tabernacles Sep. 28, 2015. As well, there will be a total solar eclipse on March 20, 2015 the day of Jewish New Year and a partial solar eclipse on Sep. 13, 2015 on the Feast of Trumpets. I think God is trying to show us something! “And God said, ‘Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years…(Gen. 1:14).” Knowing how our God has used these tetrads throughout history to mark important events, it would only be wise to assume the same in the coming years. But what could we be looking for?:thinking

While men do not control celestial events, they are the ones who choose to associate earthly events with the celestial. When God makes a prophecy, He tells us beforehand exactly what will happen so that when it does happen we will know to give Him the credit. On the other hand we have men who take repeating natural phenomena, which we know will happen with predictable regularity, as harbingers of some undetermined event of vague significance which no one can know until it happens within a time range that extends for years, sometimes even including events happening before their supposed signs even appeared. These people won't actually predict anything concrete for fear of being proven wrong, but instead stoke anticipation and allow their followers to fill in the blanks after the fact.

Rev_12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Actually this could be for all to consider. I hope all would check out the possible parallel to the scripture you posted Reba:

Gen 37:9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.
Gen 37:10 And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?

Now...doesn't the "woman" represent Israel? And didn't Jacob's name be changed to "Israel"? Also in the Genesis verse above.. it mentions that the moon and sun is Jacob and his wife (Joseph's mom) and the sons!
So this woman with the 12...are the 12 tribes...
Something to consider...

note:
we need to be very careful that we don't get into doctrine that is "mixed" with truth and error.
The new "revised" strong's numbers, doctrines, articles, etc...have put in pagan meanings and mixed true doctrine with strains of subtle re-educated theories. Example: In the hour long video above (in the last 1/4) mentions that Jesus is "Jupiter" and the morning star means "Venus". This is not true. They (tptb) are preparing us for the big LIE coming soon. Scripture on this:

Act 19:35 And when the townclerk had appeased the people, he said, Ye men of Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddess Diana, and of the image which fell down from Jupiter?

I'm a believer of the appointed times and the feasts, but if it contradicts what the Bible say---and we really need to do our research---then that is how/when we know to test the spirits whether it be of truth or error...

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn_4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Take heed brothers and sister...

Last edited:
That's a good point SeekHisFace. Many religions are very similar to Christianity. They plagiarize Christianity and make changes which lead astray, and cause others to see the similarities and come to the conclusion that they are all crap, which would include Christianity and achieve their goal. We have to be careful and pray very much about all things in this day and age.

So there is something to this, and there will be signs in the heavens, as scripture states, but we shouldn't take it to far, and study closely all of this, and keep looking to the skies!! :sohappy

I like a lot of the content being posted here. I have read all about the information discussed for quite some time now. So here are my 2 cents...

The 4 blood moons on Jewish feasts WILL lead to some sort of event in relation to end time prophecy. Whether it be Israel taking the Temple mount, clear birth pains, or the emergence of the one world government. It is also possible that this is the fulfillment of a portion of what Jesus spoke of (The moons shall be as blood, and the Sun shall be darkened). However; it is not a complete fulfillment of this prophecy, even with the solar eclipses. The 4 blood moons have happened in the past, and solar eclipses happen nearly all the time. If these two events lead to the rapture, then we would have been gone hundreds of years ago.

So what does this mean? I believe the 4 blood moons will trigger an event that will darken the sun. Maybe we get pelted with meteorites, and the dusk kickup will block the sun for a number of weeks. Who knows. Also, on a side note. Since we know the woman prophecy takes place in the mid-trib, that would mean that the rapture would have to take place either next year, or the year after. This means that A LOT of prophecy will have to quickly rapid fire. I am talking about the sun being darkened, the false covenant, etc....To me, it just doesnt quite feel like we are there yet, but I will continue to watch.

When the "blood moons" come and nothing happens...then what?
Then nothing happens. The previous times that we have had the blood moons, something has happened. All related to Israel. So I would assume something would happen this time. No big deal if nothing happens, though.

The fact is that we are running out of prophecy, and Jesus is set to come on his appointed time.

Then nothing happens. The previous times that we have had the blood moons, something has happened. All related to Israel. So I would assume something would happen this time. No big deal if nothing happens, though.

The fact is that we are running out of prophecy, and Jesus is set to come on his appointed time.
I have heard many predictions on moons and so forth. one recently in a book. so what is difference tween this and Harold camping?
and well isreal will be saved. thus a church.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back