Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Coming out of the half light

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

St. Helens

Ashy and sassy
Yes I have done of lot of changing in the past four years. My road out of heterodoxy was a bumpy ride. I had been studying Openism since 2002, reading the works of Gregory Boyd. If you know anything about Open Theism, you will discover it is definitely outside of orthodox theology.
"We believe that there is only one God, who is eternal and immutable" Openism denies the immutability of God.
But i found myself unable to squeeze my thinking into Open Theism. It just did not line up with scripture. My Grandmother had given my a Bible as a gift after I was baptized at the age of 12. I had gotten into the habit of reading it every day. That habit undercut Openism.

So here I am back here fellow-shipping with other more orthodox Christians after year stint of trying to squeeze myself into something I was never intended to be.

Last edited:
Trying to squeeze one's self into something that was never intended just isn't a comfortable place to be, my friend :wave2

I'm glad you're here with us at CFnet, and I hope you enjoy your time in fellowship with us. You're in my prayers as you continue to make your way out of the half light!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back