Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Comment on “The Church Age”

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes, I guess Paul would have been considered a Messianic Jew. Never thought of it that way. I sure never wrote Ephesians.
that was addressed at you but none the less. I consider paul as most do but also a sage. he worked very much like a rabbi. abolishing bad torahs and also establishing proper torah when he saw fit.

You object to Paul's writings then?

The thing is though that the promises made to Israel are the same promises we are entitled to. The church never started in Acts, it started in the desert 1500 years before Acts. Ephesians states we are co-heirs with the promises made to Israel. But nobody likes that angle because then that would have to admit we have an equal relationship to Torah as being a believer in Jesus. It is easier to say Israel is a separate entity then the church, as Israel gets all the curses and the "Church" gets all the blessings. The only difference in the New Covenant is sins would now be remembered no more. Read Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8. There can be no relationship with God outside of the covenants he made with Israel and Judah.

nope. I don't. I see him as prodigy of both the power of god and also the teaching under the gammaliel (he is believed by some to be saved) read up on hillel and what he taught on the torah. jesus sided with hillel a lot and hillel was often in disagreement with shimei and did still talk and was friendly with him. something we all can learn from. hillel also was very gentile, very humble, and very much into loving the things god said to do.

He absolutely did, and we absolutely do also, agreed. The difference is the Holy Spirit did not do general indwelling in people of the OT. He was there and working and indwelling certain chosen individuals, but was not indwelling in all, as he is nowadays, after Jesus's resurrection. This is a total blessing upon us now. Life must have been hard, and the Lord not so easy to find back then.

I have read in the book of Enoch (or was it Jasher?) that Abraham also went through the firey furnace, just like Shadrach, Meshach, and abednego did...and of course he lived because he walked in total faith. I realize that these books are not canon so this is not something to be laid down as fact, but I did find it highly interesting, and also highly believable, considering Abraham. Just thought I'd share that. It could have happened. Isaiah almost did not make it into the canon you know, or Revelation!

(Thank you NC!)

Amen!

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego is a perfect "type" of the beast in Revelation, and those who will not bow down and worship him.

I call it the 911 warning.

9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name." Revelation 14:9-11

The anti-type in Revelation shows the "unfaithful" being cast into the fire, whereas the faith are not.

Just the opposite.

JLB

Back