Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Common Logical Fallacies Made By Muslims,

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Lewis W..

I look at it the exact same way you do. You think "wow, hes just so blind he can't even see and is goign to hell, and doesn't realize it"
and i think "wow, hes just so blind, he can't even see, hell doesnt exist and he doesn't realize it"

FInd me non bible evidence, and I might have to start believing.

peace4all said:
Lewis W..

I look at it the exact same way you do. You think "wow, hes just so blind he can't even see and is goign to hell, and doesn't realize it"
and i think "wow, hes just so blind, he can't even see, hell doesnt exist and he doesn't realize it"

FInd me non bible evidence, and I might have to start believing.

If Lewis' understanding is correct, then peace4all is in deep doo dah, and Lewis is okie dokie; but if peace4all's understanding is correct, then Lewis is okie dokie and peace4all is okie dokie.

My understanding since becoming born again like Lewis after being a non-believer like peace4all is that peace4all is in deep doo dah, just as I was before my understanding was quickened by God himself.

peace4all said:
dont u see hyow that logic works?

If you don't believe, and you question it, you are a sinner, and wrong, and going to hell, so, Don't question it, Don't think, just follow blindly, as sheep.

I would think if Christianity was the right path, then it wouldn't be so easy to debunk, and it wouldnt come with so many "catch alls" that basically say "this is true because the bible says it, and the bible is true because the bible says so"

But, Sure, If God sends me to hell, and I burn for all eternity, and i see all "christians" go to heaven, I will regret that I am being tortured by someone unloving to look at the fact that I do not believe, yet does not look at the fact that I spoend a good deal of tiem helping the less fortunate, and attempting to better our society.

So guys, WHat are you all going to say when you die and wake up in a blank place, with me standing there, and nothing more saying "told ya so!"
Hello Peace4all:

I am a believing Christian and yet share your reaction to the often ridiculous logic of mainstream N. American evangelicalism. To be fair, you have to allow for the possibility that the simple-minded and silly picture of the Christian faith that is frequently put forth in these forums is not really the correct picture at all.

I do not have time to elaborate, but please bear in mind that not all who speak for the faith do so correctly.

Drew what are you saying, that you don't believe in hell ? But you say that you are Christian ? Just asking.

Drew said:
peace4all said:
dont u see hyow that logic works?

If you don't believe, and you question it, you are a sinner, and wrong, and going to hell, so, Don't question it, Don't think, just follow blindly, as sheep.

I would think if Christianity was the right path, then it wouldn't be so easy to debunk, and it wouldnt come with so many "catch alls" that basically say "this is true because the bible says it, and the bible is true because the bible says so"

But, Sure, If God sends me to hell, and I burn for all eternity, and i see all "christians" go to heaven, I will regret that I am being tortured by someone unloving to look at the fact that I do not believe, yet does not look at the fact that I spoend a good deal of tiem helping the less fortunate, and attempting to better our society.

So guys, WHat are you all going to say when you die and wake up in a blank place, with me standing there, and nothing more saying "told ya so!"
Hello Peace4all:

I am a believing Christian and yet share your reaction to the often ridiculous logic of mainstream N. American evangelicalism. To be fair, you have to allow for the possibility that the simple-minded and silly picture of the Christian faith that is frequently put forth in these forums is not really the correct picture at all.

I do not have time to elaborate, but please bear in mind that not all who speak for the faith do so correctly.
Just going to leave ole peace4all comfortable and cozy in his state of unbelief, huh. Interesting, very interesting.

Lewis W said:
Drew what are you saying, that you don't believe in hell ? But you say that you are Christian ? Just asking.
I do not believe in an eternal hell (at least for people) and I think it is possible that there is no hell at all. We can discuss this topic if you wish to start a thread on it.

Solo said:
Just going to leave ole peace4all comfortable and cozy in his state of unbelief, huh. Interesting, very interesting.
Not at all. I think that peace4all may be looking at the wrong Christians to serve as his model of the "true" Christian. I certainly think that he still needs Jesus to have life....

Drew said:
Solo said:
Not at all. I think that peace4all may be looking at the wrong Christians to serve as his model of the "true" Christian. I certainly think that he still needs Jesus to have life....
Should he look at non-biblical items to find Jesus, or should should he search the scriptures for truth?

Solo said:
Drew said:
Solo said:
Should he look at non-biblical items to find Jesus, or should should he search the scriptures for truth?
This is a good question. I think that the answer is "both". The Scriptures tell us about God. The created order and one's own internal awareness of the connection between ourselves and God are also relevant.

Drew said:
Solo said:
Drew said:
Solo said:
This is a good question. I think that the answer is "both". The Scriptures tell us about God. The created order and one's own internal awareness of the connection between ourselves and God are also relevant.

So the scripture that states,
  • "16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Romans 1:16-21"
is in agreement with your statement, "The created order and one's own internal awareness of the connection between ourselves and God are also relevant".

I would agree with you that the created order and the scriptures will clearly proclaim the God of whom we are to believe.

the problem I have with scripture, is that is the ONLY evidence, and the only evidence for it is itself. "this book is right because it says it is"

Its like the "Mom, why are you right" "because I said so" "but your wrong" "no, I said so"

I can't accept that alone, because then anything could be true. Greek mythology, native religions, islam, hinduism, budhism, anything can be right, if the only thing that proves it says it is.

peace4all said:
the problem I have with scripture, is that is the ONLY evidence, and the only evidence for it is itself. "this book is right because it says it is"

Its like the "Mom, why are you right" "because I said so" "but your wrong" "no, I said so"

I can't accept that alone, because then anything could be true. Greek mythology, native religions, islam, hinduism, budhism, anything can be right, if the only thing that proves it says it is.

That excuse will not hold when you are on your knees in front of the LORD and he asks you why he should let you into his Kingdom. If your answer is, "All I had was your scripture to guide me, and that was not enough, for I did not believe that your creation was your creation, and your provision was not enough for my personal contentment, and ..... etc. etc. etc."

You will be judged for being without faith in the Lord of Lords, and the King of Kings; and your works will be insufficient in the backdrop of those who died to self for their belief in Jesus Christ.

PS. Your mom was right on occasions when you thought you were right, but in fact, were wrong.

ohh, of course my mom was, and she knows I was several times, We have had some pretty fun talks about those times in the past.

What happens if I become reincarnated like other writings say? Or i go somewhere with a ton of virgins :lol:

If God wanted me to believe, and to go to heaven, He would not attempt to deceive me. and he would surely not let pesky satan, something he can control (because he is all powerful) deceive me either.

There is a diffrence between setting guidelines, and then not accepting me if i were to still sin anyways, and setting up 30 diffrent guidelines, in the forms of diffrent religions, leaving no proof besides 1 thing for each, andthen saying "C'mon Pick one.. 30-1 odds"

peace4all said:

Below is peace4all getting a scolding in his new home.

peace4all said:

And throw all reason and logic within the Holy Word of God out the widnow, aye peace4all? Oh, and forget about that thing called faith in the Holy Word of the Lord... :roll: Is that how you want it? :-?

• 2 Timothy 4:3-4
    3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

• Proverbs 16:2
    All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.

Psalm 9:10
    And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

2 Timothy 2:15
    15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
    2 Timothy 2:19-21
    19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
    20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
    21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

• Malachi 3:13-18
    13 Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee?
    14 Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?
    15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.
    16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
    17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
    18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

relic, Why have faith in the bible, and not in other things? Just because the Bible says so.

Pretty sure the Quaran does too, as do other scriptures for other religions.

what logic and reason? Sure, the bible says some things that other texts say, about humans and nature, Don't kill people, Don't steal, those kinds of things were written and rules BEFORE the bible was around.

peace4all said:
relic, Why have faith in the bible, and not in other things? Just because the Bible says so.

Pretty sure the Quaran does too, as do other scriptures for other religions.

what logic and reason? Sure, the bible says some things that other texts say, about humans and nature, Don't kill people, Don't steal, those kinds of things were written and rules BEFORE the bible was around.
But you see dude the Bible has to verify the Quran. And it does not.

hmm, bad exampel upon my part.

what about The Vedas, Sanskrit, or other religous texts, or even, for that matter, word of mouth, Unwritten religion?

peace4all said:
hmm, bad exampel upon my part.

what about The Vedas, Sanskrit, or other religous texts, or even, for that matter, word of mouth, Unwritten religion?
What are you talking about ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back