Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Comparison: Jesus and Muhammad

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

Gary

A comparison between Muhammad and Jesus Christ

(1) Muhammad was the prophet of war; Christ is the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6-7).

(2) Muhammad's disciples killed for the faith; Christ's disciples were killed for their faith (Acts 12:2; 2 Timothy 4:7).

(3) Muhammad promoted persecution against the "infidels"; Christ forgave and converted the chief persecutor (1 Timothy 1:13-15).

(4) Muhammad was the taker of life; Christ was the giver of life (John 10:27-28).

(5) Muhammad and his fellow warriors murdered thousands; Christ murdered none but saved many (compare John 12:48).

(6) Muhammad's method was COMPULSION; Christ's aim was voluntary CONVERSION (Acts 3:19).

(7) Muhammad practiced FORCE; Christ preached FAITH (John 6:29,35).

(8) Muhammad was a WARRIOR; Christ is a DELIVERER (Col. 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:10).

(9) Muhammad conquered his enemies with the sword; Christ conquered his enemies with another kind of sword, the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God (Hebrews 4:12; Acts 2:37).

(10) Muhammad said to the masses, "Convert or die!"; Christ said, "Believe and live!" (John 6:47; 11:25-26).

(11) Muhammad was swift to shed blood (Romans 3:15-17); Christ shed His own blood for the salvation of many (Ephesians 1:7).

(12) Muhammad preached "Death to the infidels!"; Christ prayed "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).

(13) Muhammad declared a holy war (Jihad) against infidels; Christ achieved a holy victory on Calvary's cross (Colossians 2:14-15) and His followers share in that victory (John 16:33).

(14) Muhammad constrained people by conquest; Christ constrained people by love (2 Corinthians 5:14).

(15) Modern terrorists derive their inspiration from Muhammad and carry out their despicable atrocities in the name of his god; Christians derive their inspiration from the One who said, "Blessed are the peacemakers" (Matthew 5:9).

(16) Modern day disciples of Muhammad respond to the terrorist attacks by cheering in the streets; Modern day disciples of Christ are deeply grieved at past atrocities carried out by those who were "Christians" in name only (the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, etc.).

(17) Many Muslims are peaceful and peace-loving because they do not strictly follow the teachings of their founder; Many Christians are peaceful and peace-loving because they do strictly follow the teachings of their Founder (Romans 12:17-21).

(18) Muhammad said the Qur’an is authoritative only in Arabic, and only in his dialect; The Bible is authoritative in many languages around the world, for God knows all things and can inspire His Word in more than one language.

(19) Muhammad hated music; Jesus and His disciples sang hymns, and the Apostle commanded the Lord's Church to sing. (Matthew 26:30, Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16)

(20) Muhammad allowed that a Mullah, Imam, or Mufti of Islam can be a terrorist and moral animal like Osama bin Laden; The Bible requires that a leader in the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ must be above reproach, and when this is not true, Christians demand such a fallen leader be removed from leadership. (1 Timothy 3:1-7, 1 Timothy 5:19-20)

(21) Islam calls on its followers to observe Five Pillars, while all other aspects of life can be vulgar and not affect the Muslim's prospects in Paradise; The Bible calls on the Christian to submit to the total change of his life by the Spirit of God-- NO area of life and thought is the choice of the follower. (Romans 12:1-2)

(22) The Muslim looks forward to eternity in Paradise where there will be virgins who are used for eternal perpetual copulation; The Bible believing Christian looks forward to being with Jesus Christ and is delighted with that. (2 Corinthians 5:8)

(23) Muhammad said the witness of a woman was half the value of the witness of a man; and Muhammad said a women goes to Paradise because she satisfies her husband sexually; The Bible teaches that a husband is to love his wife and be willing to die for her. (Ephesians 5:25)

(24) Muhammad called upon his servants to fight; Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world; if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight . . .but now is My kingdom not from here" (John 18:36)

(25) Muhammad ordered death to the Jews (see A.Guillaume, The Life of Muhammad, Oxford University Press [1975], p. 369); Christ ordered that the gospel be preached "to the Jew first" (Romans 1:16).

(26) The Qur’an says, "Fight in the cause of Allah" (Qur’an 2.244); The Bible says, "we wrestle not against flesh and blood" and "the weapons of our warfare are not carnal" (Ephesians 6:12; 2 Corinthians 10:4).

(27) The Qur’an says, "Fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them" (Qur’an 9.5); Christ said, "Preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15).

(28) The Qur’an says, "I will inspire terror into the hearts of unbelievers" (Qur’an 8.12); Jesus says to Love your enemies and pray for them (Matthew 5:43-47)

(29) The Muhammad’s Qur’an is a terrorist manual which condones fighting, conflict, terror, slaughter, and genocide against those who do not accept Islam; The Bible is a missionary manual to spread the gospel of peace to all the world (Romans 10:15).

(30) Muhammad's mission was to conquer the world for Allah; Christ's mission was to conquer sin's penalty and power by substitutionary atonement (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 3:18).

(31) Muhammad considered Christ a good prophet; Christ pronounced Muhammad to be a false prophet (John 10:10; Matthew 24:11).

(32) Muhammad claimed that there was but one God, Allah; Christ claimed that He was God (John 10:30-31; John 8:58-59; John 5:18; John 14:9).

(33) Islam is geocentric: that is; the whole universe is centered on the Kaaba in the Grand mosque in Mecca in Arabia, and all Muslims pray facing that direction; Jesus Christ is the center of all Christian worship and fellowship, for He is "in the midst" where his saints meet anywhere on earth. (Matthew 18:20, John 4:22-23)

(34) Muhammad's tomb: OCCUPIED! Christ's tomb: EMPTY!

(35) Islam must be received, or you can be killed for rejecting it; The Faith offered by Jesus Christ is for "whosoever will" to receive, and all men are permitted to reject it. (Revelation 22:17, John 3:16)

(36) Those who leave Islam are killed in most Islamic nations; Those who leave the true Church of Jesus Christ are allowed to do so with no revenge.

(37) Now, is a Muslim submitted to Allah and Islam because he loves Allah? NO! He dare not leave Islam, and he is loyal purely out of fear;The true Bible believer is loyal to Jesus Christ purely out of love. (1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19. We love him, because he first loved us.) This concept is 100% alien to Islam-- There is no love in Islam-- Only fear and hate.

Author Unknown http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/adb4jesus/ ... hammed.htm

:)

It is a very one sided comparison with some biased slant.

For example, Jesus being the Prince of Peace contradicts when he says "Do you think that I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I tell you, but rather division! From now on five in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three; they will be divided: father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Christ's disciples later on killed people for their faith in the Inquisition.

Jesus basically says you have to convert or spend eternity in torture. This is a lot worse then just plain death from Muhammad.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Quath

Quath: It is a very one sided comparison with some biased slant.

Gary: Every single one of your comments is very one-sided, biased and has a slant.

Quath: For example, Jesus being the Prince of Peace contradicts when he says "Do you think that I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I tell you, but rather division! From now on five in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three; they will be divided: father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Gary: Wrong again. All your "example" shows is that you know very little about the Bible and Christianity.

Quath: Christ's disciples later on killed people for their faith in the Inquisition.

Gary: Did they act like Jesus? Did they follow Jesus' example? Did they follow the teachings of Jesus?

Quath: Jesus basically says you have to convert or spend eternity in torture. This is a lot worse then just plain death from Muhammad.

Gary: Again, all your "example" shows is that you know very little about Islam and the Quran. What did Muhammad say about hell?

Quath: I could go on, but you get the idea.

Gary: Yes, I get the idea. You have not refuted a single one of the points above. Every single one of your comments is very one-sided, biased and has a slant. All are wrong.

:bday: :bday:

Gary_Bee said:
Quath: For example, Jesus being the Prince of Peace contradicts when he says "Do you think that I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I tell you, but rather division! From now on five in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three; they will be divided: father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Gary: Wrong again. All your "example" shows is that you know very little about the Bible and Christianity.
You crack me up sometimes. :) What is wrong in what I said? Do you disagree that Jesus said what I quoted? Or are you saying that I am wrong that what he says is not peaceful?

Did they act like Jesus? Did they follow Jesus' example? Did they follow the teachings of Jesus?
You said "(2) Muhammad's disciples killed for the faith; Christ's disciples were killed for their faith." so we are comparing followers to followers, not religious leaders to each other in that example.

Again, all your "example" shows is that you know very little about Islam and the Quran. What did Muhammad say about hell?
I notice when you get stuck in something you try to change it into a question instead of address the issue.

Yes, I get the idea. You have not refuted a single one of the points above. Every single one of your comments is very one-sided, biased and has a slant. All are wrong.
So pointing out something is biased is a biased action? When it comes to Muslim vs Christianity, I find them both silly and illogical. So I would hazzard to say I have a smaller bias than you do when it comes to this.

Quath

Quath: You said "(2) Muhammad's disciples killed for the faith; Christ's disciples were killed for their faith." So we are comparing followers to followers, not religious leaders to each other in that example.

Gary: Exactly. What happened to Jesus' immediate disciples/apostles? All (except John) were killed for their faith. What did Muhammad's immediate followers do? They fought, murdered each other and then murdered all those who opposed them!

John 13:34-35
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Jesus commanded His disciples to love one another. And we know that they loved each other; after His death, these men became the leaders of the church, they lived together, shared in each other’s fate, cared for each other and so on. Because of their faith in Him, their intimate knowledge of Him, and their commitment to Him, they obeyed – even to the point of death.

The Quran - 8:63, Al Anfal (The Spoils)
He it is Who has supported you with His Help and with the believers. And He has united their (i.e. believers') hearts. If you had spent all that is in the earth, you could not have united their hearts, but Allah has united them. Certainly He is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

Muhammad also commanded his followers to love one another. His followers were keen to follow Muhammad in how he dressed, how he ate, how he prayed, and so on. How did Muhammad’s followers hold to their faith and obedience following his death? I’m not focusing on mere outward appearances and form. I’m focusing on matters of the mind, spirit, and heart, i.e. the inward.

Just a day after Muhammad’s death the dark family squabbles begin. There certainly was no real period of mourning, spiritual reflection, or drawing close together of Muhammad’s family was there? Instead, people were moving on the money right away! Take a look, we have a number of dark and powerful emotions at work here.

1) GREED
Note the greed displayed by Muhammad’s closest family members. The body is barely cold and here they were demanding their share of the inheritance. Due to their lusting after this wealth, they bicker spitefully among themselves. Greed continues to live in their hearts for 2 years. After Abu Bakr dies they return to Umar and make the same monetary demands.

2) HATRED
When spurned in their attempt to obtain the wealth, they hated Abu Bakr. Fatima and Ali hated him to her dying day. And out of spite, Ali refused to let Abu Bakr know she had died, burying her in secret. Ibn Abbas, Fatima, and Ali all considered Abu Bakr to be a “sinful, treacherous, dishonest, liarâ€Â. And when Umar becomes Caliph, they hate him and consider him to be “liar, sinful, treacherous and dishonestâ€Â

Read more about Muhammad's immediate disciples....
http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/rf1_mhd_wealth.htm

P.S. What did Muhammad teach about hell?

:o :o

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back