Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Considering infinity ∞ /forever

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

What is infinity? ∞
What is infinity ∞? What is eternal? What is forever? What is everlasting?...

I am usually terrified whenever I think about infinite or forever :shocked
--
The children of God will be with Him forever!!!
...Eternal condemnation awaits a sinner...

Such things.

Science demonstrates infinity as, e.g,
V = voltage,
I = current and
R = resistance.
(Ohms law)

if you have a short in a current-carrying conductor, R = 0, but V = I.R
I = (V/0) = ∞ (infinity) [ practically a very large value, mathematically or theoretically without limit)
--
Infinity does not have its half. It does not fall as a percentage. There is no 20% of ∞
Infinity. it is inestimable.

*Did God creat Infinity? Did He creat 'everlasting'?

Assuming there are no opposing forces,
*If I keep digging into the ground where Would I end?
*Is there an end of journey to a man who travels north or south or east or west?
*If I launch a stone towards heaven where Would it stop?
*If we enter heaven and look upward Would we see a cloud?
*Will I ever end dividing a piece?

---
All these make me think Infinity is illusory or means something only God understands.
Maybe Infinity or forever is now :biggrinunno and the 'now' keeps adding a +1.
---
Can anyone help. I appreciate your Input

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Our carnal mind likes to rationalize and pick those things apart that we do not understand, but with a Spiritual mind of Christ we just accept Christ for who he says he is all by faith and trusting in something we have never used our five senses to define.

How did God come to be? What is infinity? The simple explanation is that there are no answers for some questions, but only speculations and some questions just do not matter in any equation as it just is what it is.

ever take calculus in school? The concept of infinity is used quite a bit in limits.
It's so funny that you'd say this. The concept of infinity, more specifically an infinite stretch of space, was never conceivable until I took calculus. It used to hurt when I'd think about it, and one day listening to a lecture in calc, it all came together! Very cool! This was the very day I chose to make math my major in college.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Our carnal mind likes to rationalize and pick those things apart that we do not understand, but with a Spiritual mind of Christ we just accept Christ for who he says he is all by faith and trusting in something we have never used our five senses to define.

How did God come to be? What is infinity? The simple explanation is that there are no answers for some questions, but only speculations and some questions just do not matter in any equation as it just is what it is.

:biggrin sure!!! We do :readbible
Ever wondered what happens when 1 - ∞ and 1 + ∞ come into play ...:biggrinunno

Last edited by a moderator:
What is infinity? ∞
What is infinity ∞? What is eternal? What is forever? What is everlasting?...

I am usually terrified whenever I think about infinite or forever :shocked
--
The children of God will be with Him forever!!!
...Eternal condemnation awaits a sinner...

Such things.

Science demonstrates infinity as, e.g,
V = voltage,
I = current and
R = resistance.
(Ohms law)

if you have a short in a current-carrying conductor, R = 0, but V = I.R
I = (V/0) = ∞ (infinity) [ practically a very large value, mathematically or theoretically without limit)
--
Infinity does not have its half. It does not fall as a percentage. There is no 20% of ∞
Infinity. it is inestimable.

*Did God creat Infinity? Did He creat 'everlasting'?

Assuming there are no opposing forces,
*If I keep digging into the ground where Would I end?
*Is there an end of journey to a man who travels north or south or east or west?
*If I launch a stone towards heaven where Would it stop?
*If we enter heaven and look upward Would we see a cloud?
*Will I ever end dividing a piece?

---
All these make me think Infinity is illusory or means something only God understands.
Maybe Infinity or forever is now :biggrinunno and the 'now' keeps adding a +1.
---
Can anyone help. I appreciate your Input

ohms law and the infinity mark means that resistance is to the point that theres no voltage that can go through and usually ol(open line) and that doesnt mean that if the connection is close enough that electricity wont flow(spark plugs jump gaps that are a few cm if the voltage is high enough.

It's so funny that you'd say this. The concept of infinity, more specifically an infinite stretch of space, was never conceivable until I took calculus. It used to hurt when I'd think about it, and one day listening to a lecture in calc, it all came together! Very cool! This was the very day I chose to make math my major in college.

Calculus sucks! :angry limits is insane! :biggrin

Re: Considering infinity ¡Þ /forever

ohms law and the infinity mark means that resistance is to the point that theres no voltage that can go through and usually ol(open line) and that doesnt mean that if the connection is close enough that electricity wont flow(spark plugs jump gaps that are a few cm if the voltage is high enough.

And a cheat comes in again when at open R approaches ¡Þ

Ever wondered what happens when you are suspended on a high voltage cable and your feet don't touch the floor? You see the beauty of Science... I admire birds when they perch on it and do a solo...kind of deverifies Faraday

Pls do not try...in His vineyard there is work to do.
That is the part I have not tried yet

what, i saw gods order in that math as it gives us orbit planes and how things work

and its easy to use for graphing cubics and odd power equations with the first x ^5 +x^4.. +c/

:lol
God's Math. superb! No one can solve.
...And they shall become one flesh
If your Calculus teacher tells you 1 + 1 = 1
I believe you'd walk away...fretful! :angry
God has a Math no one can solve.
1 + 1 = 1 and the LHS produces a result RHS = 1 or 2 or 3... X + 1, where X is a whole
X = progeny. Incredible God math. A Great God! :thumbsup :clap :yes

About the "infinity" symbol:

INFINITY (also eternity): In ancient India and Tibet, it represented perfection, dualism, and unity between male and female. In the occult tarot it's linked to magic and represents equilibrium or the balance of various forces. The uroborus (a circular serpent biting its tail -- a UN symbol for "Human Settlements") has been found in this shape. In modern times, it became a secular mathematical symbol for infinity in numbers, time or space.
http://www.crossroad.to/Books/symbols1.html#infinity

About the "infinity" symbol:

INFINITY (also eternity): In ancient India and Tibet, it represented perfection, dualism, and unity between male and female. In the occult tarot it's linked to magic and represents equilibrium or the balance of various forces. The uroborus (a circular serpent biting its tail -- a UN symbol for "Human Settlements") has been found in this shape. In modern times, it became a secular mathematical symbol for infinity in numbers, time or space
:thumbsup
I never knew it had been associated with other things other than an Incredible space of time (
...although there is no continnum)
--

And a cheat comes in again when at open R approaches ¡Þ

Ever wondered what happens when you are suspended on a high voltage cable and your feet don't touch the floor? You see the beauty of Science... I admire birds when they perch on it and do a solo...kind of deverifies Faraday

Pls do not try...in His vineyard there is work to do.
That is the part I have not tried yet
actually that isnt all that amazing as is one cant get schocked if one isnt grounded. if you in series with the power(touching hot to hot) one in theory wont get shocked. again this is used a lot with car starters to shut off solenoids. adding power to the ground side in essence shuts of the solenoid coil(one coil of two).

Re: Considering infinity Â0„3Â0‰7 /forever

actually that isnt all that amazing as is one cant get schocked if one isnt grounded. if you in series with the power(touching hot to hot) one in theory wont get shocked. again this is used a lot with car starters to shut off solenoids. adding power to the ground side in essence shuts of the solenoid coil(one coil of two).

This is actually where I'm going:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9f/Delta_pylon_near_Madrid.JPG
---
It has always been my dream to try it up a HV cable. The opportunity doesn't come - I'd get arrested if I venture into any....
--
And are you telling me I'd be fine if I get suspended there -(ungrounded)?
:lol
Wish me well as I venture into a Jasoncran-inspired journey.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back