Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

constant stomache pains.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm posting this question due to some curiousity. if i had health insurance or the money to have health insurance (no obamacare, your plans aren't affordable). anywho, i constantly have stomache pains in the morning and also before i have to use the bathroom. for example, most people can wait before they have to go, could push it off a little while, me i cannot. it's like a severe burning sensation in my stomache. someone told me this could be due to the constant stress and anxiety, or even due to ulcers.

Opinions please?

You ever been tested for food intolerances or allergies?

Did you ever notice a correlation between the occurance of your symptoms and certain foods you've eaten or certain events in your life that could have been triggers?
In order to get a good picture about that you could write a health journal, documenting anything you eat, how and when your bowel movements occured and what other syptoms you had, also how stressfull you feel your day was.

Do you have any other symptoms, like always being tired and bad mooded, headaches, fever, blood in your stool, anything?

Is there some way you could have your stool tested for bacterial or fungal infections? If you don't wanna pay a doctor you can probably find a lab in your town or the nearest big city and bring a sample there yourself to have it tested for infections. The costs for doing that are about 50 € here (and usually paid by health insurance but so are the visits with the doctor), so I guess it'd be like 80 dollars. If you need help understanding the results you could ask them nicely and they may explain the results to you for free, or charge you another 5 dollars for that "consultation".

hmm.

tired and bad mooded yes. but no symptoms on eating anything. it can be anything and some how i get really bad stomache pains. however i can mention my diet is extremely poor. like extremely poor.

The tiredness and bad mood can have all kinds of reasons, too. In some cases a permanent malnutrition as a result of a malfunctioning digestion can lead to fatugue and depression symptoms. Not saying that's what is happening to you. But mood and energy level is often related to physical health.

"Extremely poor diet" like you eat too little (then maybe your stomache pains are actually hunger pangs lol)... or you eat the wrong stuff?
You probably have an idea what a more healthy nutrition would look like, so what about eating healthier? Maybe that would be a New Year's resolution for you? ;-) Not saying that that would solve your stomache problems, but you would most likely feel better in all regards when eating healthier.

Still thinking you should have yourself checked. We can only make guesses.
It really sucks that the USA have such a poor health insurance system leaving so many people without access to health care.

I'm posting this question due to some curiousity. if i had health insurance or the money to have health insurance (no obamacare, your plans aren't affordable). anywho, i constantly have stomache pains in the morning and also before i have to use the bathroom. for example, most people can wait before they have to go, could push it off a little while, me i cannot. it's like a severe burning sensation in my stomache. someone told me this could be due to the constant stress and anxiety, or even due to ulcers.

Opinions please?

Sounds like IBS, an ulcer or similar. I have similar tendencies myself, but only when I eat poorly, or don't take proper vitamins! Otherwise, it goes quite unnoticed with me as long as I behave myself. Today's foods are overly processed, and it's easy to fall into the human trap of eating conveniently, as I often do myself which is why I not only make sure I also eat good foods, but take supplements as well. I swear some foods, particularly the types with corn sweetener or processed vegetable oils tend to burn the stomach lining or to that effect. And most of the processed foods are high in that sort of stuff.

do you have a local public health dept.? Not ideal, I know, but they can do check ups for relatively little $$$.

When i tell you i have less then 2 dollars in my bank account, i do not exaggerate. i'm preying on the lord to let me have this union job coming up.

Sounds like IBS, an ulcer or similar. I have similar tendencies myself, but only when I eat poorly, or don't take proper vitamins! Otherwise, it goes quite unnoticed with me as long as I behave myself. Today's foods are overly processed, and it's easy to fall into the human trap of eating conveniently, as I often do myself which is why I not only make sure I also eat good foods, but take supplements as well. I swear some foods, particularly the types with corn sweetener or processed vegetable oils tend to burn the stomach lining or to that effect. And most of the processed foods are high in that sort of stuff.

Well i am definitly onto something. i been watching what i do lately and what i eat to try and catch this habbitt, and it clicked.

I started smoking when i was roughly around 16 years old (cigs) and i remember getting stomache pains around this time. also drinking coffee makes it worse, so the combination between smoking cigs, drinking coffee, AND eating poorly (no veggies and fruits) is taking it's toll on my stomache. it's bad enough i was born with a bad liver (so they say) but it started to click in my head what i'm doing wrong.

No money no problem for about $5.00 a year you can be as healthy as you should be take it from a drunk whose bloodstream used to look like a sewage treatment facility.. and no I'm not exaggerating.. About a year ago i started a thread on Turmeric i got the idea from a Podiatrist.. he told me about it after i told him about my alcohol consumption..

To your health.. :thumbsup

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=78

tob

*edit: forgot the dosage: 1/4 teaspoon in a glass of juice "not coffee" every day until you see how wonderful you feel after that continue for as long as you like...

I like a cup of hot ginger tea. the ground stuff seems to work well for me... about a level teaspoon to a 7 oz cup.

I didn't realize how tight things were for you. Around here, we have a clinic that's open a couple days a week for people w/ few resources. Do you have one of those locally? Ours isn't open all the time, like I said, but when they are open, they handle a wide range of health issues.

When i tell you i have less then 2 dollars in my bank account, i do not exaggerate. i'm preying on the lord to let me have this union job coming up.

Well i am definitly onto something. i been watching what i do lately and what i eat to try and catch this habbitt, and it clicked.

I started smoking when i was roughly around 16 years old (cigs) and i remember getting stomache pains around this time. also drinking coffee makes it worse, so the combination between smoking cigs, drinking coffee, AND eating poorly (no veggies and fruits) is taking it's toll on my stomache. it's bad enough i was born with a bad liver (so they say) but it started to click in my head what i'm doing wrong.

I'm not American, so I'm not totally well informed, but wouldn't you qualify for medicaid when you have no income?

It depends on the state. Here's what we have in Minnesota.

Medical Assistance pays for medical care for very low-income Minnesotans. There are eligibility requirements for the program. Federal and state dollars pay for MA. (This program is different from Medicare, which is a federal health insurance program for people over 65 and for certain people with disabilities.) In 2011 Medical Assistance expanded its coverage to provide coverage to more low income adults. The General Assistance Medical Care program ended.

MinnesotaCare is a health care program for uninsured working Minnesotans. MinnesotaCare does not pay for past medical bills. MinnesotaCare is for Minnesota residents who meet income and other eligibility guidelines. MinnesotaCare is paid for with state and federal tax dollars, provider taxes and premiums paid by people who are enrolled.

It takes 30-45 days to process the application. Enrollees pay a monthly premium based on family size, income and the number of people in their family who are covered. Children under age 21 who meet a lower income guideline pay a fixed premium of $4 a month. Coverage starts the first of the month after payment is received. Continued coverage depends on timely payment of premiums. MinnesotaCare enrollees must complete a renewal application every year.

MinnesotaCare sounds a lot like the so called "private" health insurances we have here.

But what would jwoods do if s/he broke a leg and needed medical emergency treatment? Can't imagine the ER would send them away with their bones sticking out because s/he has no coverage and is broke.

truthfully i just deal with things. i'm not very fond of the health care system as well. HOWEVER, before i had mentioned about a position opening up in the elevator union. i take a aptitude test on Wednesday and i truly believe god has something in store for me with this opportunity where they have killer health care benefits.

Fun fact, I would get my health care covered by my insurance (well at least largely, there are some exceptions), yet I sill don't see doctors even when I have permanent or recurring issues that keep me from enjoying my life and may turn worse when untreated. E.g. I keep having knee pains when exercising or when wearing high heels. Okay high heels aren't super important, but my fitness means a lot to me, so I should have that checked. But I don't because I dislike seeing doctors. I know they inflict fear (because they *might* give me a bad diagnosis - or tell me to stop exercising altogether) and also tend to inflict pain. So anticipating that I will feel some discomfort while seeing a doctor I am too scared to see them at all.
Kind of sucks, because many issues can be treated easily and successfully when they are discovered in an early state, but will get much worse when untreated and at the end will reach an incureable stage.

Realising that some people have to suffer because can't see a doctor because they can't afford to makes me feel silly about my doctor-phobia.
I'll have my knees checked as soon as I can get an appointment with some orthopaedist or sports physician.

truthfully i just deal with things. i'm not very fond of the health care system as well. HOWEVER, before i had mentioned about a position opening up in the elevator union. i take a aptitude test on Wednesday and i truly believe god has something in store for me with this opportunity where they have killer health care benefits.

Wow, I hope you succeed and get the job! :thumbsup
I'll say a prayer for you.

Did you try the Turmeric yet..

220px-Curcuma_longa_%28Haldi%29_W_IMG_2440.jpg

tob

Wow! Bad habits (although coffee is OK in moderation, say, no more than 3 cups daily). Not only are you poisoning your body, but you are clearly lacking in almost all nutrition and nutrients as well from what you say. So let's hope you are starting to change your ways as you said. The body cannot work, heal or reproduce without proper nutrition. Thank God tonight that some stomach issues are all you have. But as you age, it will get worse, far worse, if you don't continue feeding you body well, supplementing, and stopping all that garbage. That's my advice. But If you fall back after learning your lesson, then I don’t really want to hear any more complaints, because you are only doing it to yourself.

This sounds like you do need to be seen by a physican.I am sure that you could find someone to see you even though you do not have insurance.My daughter was uninsured for a couple of years.Their was a free Clinic at her church.It was first come first serve but she was able to see someone after a couple of weeks.

I have a friend who is suffering from the same stomach pains as well.

He's been to the doctor, been scanned , and all else, but they can't find a thing.

He's now been to the acupuncturist, and after 3 treatments, nothing happened, so he's discontinued it.

However, the Chinese doctor mentioned the fact that he shouldn't eat cold things as that would aggravate the condition.

So he stopped doing that, and also bought an electric blanket to keep himself warm (his flat was cold too).

The pain has practically stopped. His wife says that he no longer has to double up in pain in the mornings.

I hope this will continue, and I mention it in hope that it may help you

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back