Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Continuing in the Grace of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Chopper

Continuing in the Grace of God
When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord . . . Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God. (Act_11:23; Act_13:43)
Whenever the grace of God is allowed to work in human hearts, visible spiritual evidences eventually appear. This can bring joy to those who are outwardly observing this inward work of grace. Still, it is appropriate to exhort those who have made progress in grace to continue in the grace of God.

The above is part of my morning devotional studies. This is from theologian Bob Hoekstra. QUESTION: What do you think is happening here? How does GRACE in a human heart produce visible spiritual evidence? And what do you think that evidence is?

How does GRACE in a human heart produce visible spiritual evidence? And what do you think that evidence is?

Thank you for posting. Had to think a bit about the questions above by first doing a self examination. For we are told to examine ourselves; which we must IMO do often and daily.

To the theological question at hand, I remember reading a sermon by John MacArthur several years ago which was a blessing. Again, we are putting matters of the regenerated soul and the Holy Spirit's work in us to words so please bear with me.

http://www.gty.org/resources/questi...-do-not-prove-the-genuineness-of-saving-faith

I believe that the fact that we can merely climb in our cars or catch a bus or plane and return home safely every time is not something to be taken for granted ,but by the grace of God.Everything we achieve is not our doing but allowed to happen by the grace of God."For it is by grace you have been saved through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-9. not by works , so that no one can boast"(N.I.V. Eph 2:8-9)Our daily walk in holiness no matter where we find ourselves is a witness and evidence of God's grace.He says "I am the Lord your God, consecrate yourselves and be holy , because I am holy."(Lev 11:44)In order to live under God's grace which means something we were not entitled to in the first place, but a "gift", we must live lives in practice that shows that we are worthy of His grace.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back