Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Contrasting Jesus' Ekklesia with The Church

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
In Matthew 16:18, Jesus uttered these words:

I also tell you this: You are Peter (rock); but I will build my ekklesia (congregation) on this bedrock so that the gates of the hades (the place of the dead) won’t overpower it.

Is the church the same as what Jesus said he would build in this scripture?

In Matthew 16:18, Jesus uttered these words:

I also tell you this: You are Peter (rock); but I will build my ekklesia (congregation) on this bedrock so that the gates of the hades (the place of the dead) won’t overpower it.

Is the church the same as what Jesus said he would build in this scripture?

The church is, but not all the church's you see are. The ones truly called out for His purpose are the same as what He said they would be. We only need to look as far as the NT church to see it being fulfilled even back then. There was nothing that was not overcome which God called them too.

i used to be like that, only look at the new testament.
but i wonder from what dates all of the books are truly.
maybe some put in bewtween.

just minding.
coz i care for some of them books nowadays more then the enire NT
in fact i find eclasiastics one of the only fully good/well books.(i havent red psalms and proverbs yet)
the only less point me be that there may be a second one who might have to lay down to keep the other good man ok.

Back