Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Controversy in the church

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

I do not think there is correlation between the number of churches people establish these days with the number of people who turn out to be true Christians. The more we establish churches the more people are deceived. The more people preach and write the more they get confused.

Many churches and beliefs are contaminated with false doctrines. I am not surprised, however. The devil turns out to be a preacher too.
Maybe it has to do with the 'last days' warning. Of course !
The problem then is: how do people know the true place of worship?
Christianity today suffers the most alarming controversy:
X believes baptism is essential, Y believes it is not necessary, Z believes it is ridiculous and insane to talk about it.

U believes Mary is the way, V believes Jesus is, W has a different opinion altogether.

R looks forward to a heaven in Heaven, S believes earth is the paradise, T is confused.

N believes his own bible is the true bible, O has a totally different bible, and P is a piece of tripe.

Is the body of Christ divided? No: the devil is at work.
One thing is certain: at the last day the sheep would be separated from the goats!!

But what is the controversy, really?

Three things are there:
  • God's Truth with Mercy
  • Satan's Deception
  • Human ignorance and simplicity

Which of these is the strongest? Which will win? Doesn't the strength of the first suggest that the other two cannot win? Hence, no matter what all those churches believe, it must be okay with God, because he CAN overcome Satan's deception and human ignorance and simplicity, therefore he WILL (or he HAS).

I do not think there is correlation between the number of churches people establish these days with the number of people who turn out to be true Christians. The more we establish churches the more people are deceived. The more people preach and write the more they get confused.

Many churches and beliefs are contaminated with false doctrines. I am not surprised, however. The devil turns out to be a preacher too.
X believes baptism is essential, Y believes it is not necessary, Z believes it is ridiculous and insane to talk about it.

U believes Mary is the way, V believes Jesus is, W has a different opinion altogether.

R looks forward to a heaven in Heaven, S believes earth is the paradise, T is confused.

N believes his own bible is the true bible, O has a totally different bible, and P is a piece of tripe.

One thing is certain: at the last day the sheep would be separated from the goats!!
The Body is not divided, but the church buildings and all the denominations are divided. We have the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth, if we truly follow the Holy Spirit and not man's tradition, then He will lead you to where He wants you to fellowship. Sincerely pray and He will lead you.

Oh brother you stand correct in all sides. Thats why I believe when it comes to churches that if the soul is uneasy with the environment that is the lord telling you that the church may not be at fit for you. But I totally agree with this topic as the day draws nearer so does the mis bielief of the wolf who stands within the group.

But what is the controversy, really?

Three things are there:
  • God's Truth with Mercy
  • Satan's Deception
  • Human ignorance and simplicity

Which of these is the strongest? Which will win? Doesn't the strength of the first suggest that the other two cannot win? Hence, no matter what all those churches believe, it must be okay with God, because he CAN overcome Satan's deception and human ignorance and simplicity, therefore he WILL (or he HAS).

God's word will not return to Him void...
My anxiety is that most people are deceived; new converts fall into the wrong hands.

We simply refuse to obey God. We are so occupied with our personal stuff. Just last sunday my friend asked me: isn't preaching to sinners inevitable? You must preach to them.'
He is right - and I know that. I simply gave excuses. I am guilty. I have preached about six times in life - it is complete Nonesence! And why wouldn't the devil seem to be winning - when we refuse to act! I feel so bad.
People now are hearers and not doers.
Mary with Jesus and Martha with her business!
God's truth with mercy: yes - it wins - I should play my own part.

The Body is not divided, but the church buildings and all the denominations are divided. We have the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth, if we truly follow the Holy Spirit and not man's tradition, then He will lead you to where He wants you to fellowship. Sincerely pray and He will lead you.
I thank God for the Holy Spirit.
Yet some People emerge and tell us 'thus says the Lord' when He has not said. They have done abominable things. I do not want to be deaf to the Spirit anymore.
May God heal our discernment

I thank God for the Holy Spirit.
Yet some People emerge and tell us 'thus says the Lord' when He has not said. They have done abominable things. I do not want to be deaf to the Spirit anymore.
May God heal our discernment
I agree Classik! God tells us not to trust in man and this is why, they can appear to be sincere in their walk, but God only knows the heart of man. The Bible talks alot about abiding in Him, walking in the Spirit, and examining ourselves to ensure we are in the faith, by doing these things we can learn from the Spirit and have our senses tuned in to false teachings, so we will not turn to the left or to the right, but remain in His lighted path.

Back