Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

conversion to christianity

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's very important to understand the verses of the Holy Quran through it's context. Also we must refer to the explanations of the Quranic verses from the Muslim scholars.

Oh, so you mean it's okay for you, to misquote, misrepresent, and misinterpret the Bible, but you don't like it when it's done to you?

Hmmmmmm, interesting..... :chin

let's see whoes the real dog from the bible :study

(KJV)(Matthew)(Mt-15-22)(And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.)

(KJV)(Matthew)(Mt-15-23)(But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.)

(KJV)(Matthew)(Mt-15-24)(But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.)

(KJV)(Matthew)(Mt-15-25)(Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.)

(KJV)(Matthew)(Mt-15-26)(But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.)

(KJV)(Matthew)(Mt-15-27)(And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.)

par·a·ble   
[par-uh-buhl] Show IPA
–noun
a short allegorical story designed to illustrate or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral lesson.
a statement or comment that conveys a meaning indirectly by the use of comparison, analogy, or the like.
Use parable in a Sentence
Origin:
1275–1325; ME parabil < LL parabola comparison, parable, word < Gk parabolḗ comparison, equiv. to para- para-1 + bolḗ a throwing

—Related forms
pa·rab·o·list  
[puh-rab-uh-list] Show IPA
, noun

—Synonyms
1. allegory, homily, apologue.

Parable | Define Parable at Dictionary.com

Oh, so you mean it's okay for you, to misquote, misrepresent, and misinterpret the Bible, but you don't like it when it's done to you?

Hmmmmmm, interesting..... :chin

don't ever take some nonsense from shia and bring it here and say it's from islam

don't ever take some nonsense from shia and bring it here and say it's from islam

Whether it's from Sh'ia or from someone like you concerning the Quran or Bible, a misinterpretation is still a mis-interpretation !

:rollingpin ..... :adore

(KJV)(Matthew)(Mt-15-26)(But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.)

(KJV)(Matthew)(Mt-15-27)(And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.)

Jesus clarified the difference between Jews and Gentiles to challlenge the woman. Parents normally feed their children first. The house dogs get whatever might remain. God, of course, was the Person providing the spiritual Bread of Life to His chosen people, and the dogs were the Gentiles, as the Jews regarded them popularly. The Gentile woman acknowledged that, she knew that she is not entitled to sit down as a guest at the Messiah's table. She expressed her unworthiness to receive a large blessing, yet at least she be allowed to receive a "crumb" of the uncovenanted mercies of God.

.If we don't taste bitterness, we won't appreciate sweetness ; if we don't experience harsh realities of life, we won't understand the grace and love of God.

I hardly call what happened in the Old Testament as "harsh realities of life". And IN the Old Testament, I found much more of these "harsh realities" and few instances of "love".

What's wrong with believing history? The crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus was witnessed by hundreds of first-hand eye witnesseses, and his life, teachings and miracles were also testified by thousands. This isn't a religion that is based upon the words of a one-man account. I'm sure you have no problems believing in secular history, geography or Science books, so why doubt the history book of God ?

Let's say, for the moment, that it was some level of history. That doesn't make many things therein suddenly free from problems. As FOR this "history", men get things wrong all the time. For instance no one chopped down a cherry tree. I don't take the words of men to be absolute, regardless of whether or not the same book claims its own inspiration.

As I understand the issue with Josephus, how "he" wrote it appears more like an after thought, perhaps placed by someone else later.

But yeah, there are no reliable sources for the things mentioned in the bible, except for the bible. I would think that, after such a high profile crucifixion, . . . and having hundreds of dead people suddenly alive again, . . . you'd get many accounts talking about such an increadible event. Just it is only found in the biblical canon.

I'm more interested in discussing this "need for harshness" by the Old Testament god.

You should take up your issues of divisions within Islam to your Muslim brethren. A Shia is still a Muslim!!! Why should I take your word over theirs?

It seems, this issue is making you angry.... why is that? :chin

Last edited by a moderator:
You should take up your issues of divisions within Islam to your Muslim brethren. A Shia is still a Muslim!!! Why should I take your word over theirs?

It seems, this issue is making you angry.... why is that? :chin

thoes people have insulted the prophet mohammed's wife peace be upon him and his friends , and the worst thing they say the holy Quran is Distorted.

how can we call them muslims ?

Deuteronomy 13) New International Version)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...13&version=NIV

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods
" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. 9 You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone him to death,

Do not forget that in islam they must be sure and check before they apply the limit but in the bible they kill directly without checking

So Do not object

Hello Mugen,
So you don't see a problem for those to whom Deuteronomy was written to, to change religions?

I see that as a very naive position in regard to the "other" religions. Say, can you name some of the practices that would have taken place within these "other" religions spoken about in Deuteronomy?

I would be very interested in your answer... But first, can you give us an accurate portrayal of the geographics, as well as the historical aspect to which would have caused these words to be written?

I'm more interested in discussing this "need for harshness" by the Old Testament god.

I hardly call what happened in the Old Testament as "harsh realities of life". And IN the Old Testament, I found much more of these "harsh realities" and few instances of "love".

I was once told to be careful how we define love... I would be willing to discuss some of the passages you may be struggling with. Can't say I'd have all the answers, and I can't say you'll agree with some of my answers, but I would be willing to talk about them one at a time if your up to it and serious about learning. If your intent is to smear christianity and then run away with your tail between your legs, then I'd just as well you leave now. But, if you want to dialog, I'm game if you are, and I welcome future dialog with you.

Grace and Peace,
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I was once told to be careful how we define love... I would be willing to discuss some of the passages you may be struggling with. Can't say I'd have all the answers, and I can't say you'll agree with some of my answers, but I would be willing to talk about them one at a time if your up to it and serious about learning. If your intent is to smear christianity and then run away with your tail between your legs, then I'd just as well you leave now. But, if you want to dialog, I'm game if you are, and I welcome future dialog with you.

Grace and Peace,
Jeff

Hey, Jeff. Thanks for your demeanor here, and if I have something to bring up, I will post it using another thread. However, many have come on and have posted about a few of the OT things I found issue with, and have heard christians reply to them. I've not found a reply that answered the questions/issues. . . . so I probably won't actually start any threads. I have a few things I am interested in getting people's opinion on and have started a thread. :)

Are you talking about the sheep thread?

Anyway, if you could point me to an old testament passage that others couldn't answer for you, I'd appreciate the opportunity to chime in. While I'm still lacking in the OT, I enjoy the stories and the culture so you see, if I can find somebody else that wants to talk about it, especially any of the first 5 books.. well, how can I resist :lol

Take care,

Jeff

Hello Mugen,
So you don't see a problem for those to whom Deuteronomy was written to, to change religions?

I see that as a very naive position in regard to the "other" religions. Say, can you name some of the practices that would have taken place within these "other" religions spoken about in Deuteronomy?

I would be very interested in your answer... But first, can you give us an accurate portrayal of the geographics, as well as the historical aspect to which would have caused these words to be written?

I don't get it . what is your point exactly ?

Back