Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Courage for a Shy Man

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Navigator

Hello all,

This past year has been one with ups and downs..though more ups than downs thankfully! One of the ups has been my being led to participate more in service in my community, which has always been my passion. I am tutoring an inner city child at the moment in Math and Reading, and am loving it. I enjoy trying to think of new ways to help the kid out. Later, I volunteered to tutor at a school close to the church I attend, but haven't started anything with that yet. I also am engaging in training so I can lead a small group Bible study through my youth group at college, the Navigators.

I really feel like God is moving me into place of where he wants me to be, but there's still an issue. I plan on being a teacher, so the tutoring aimed at the academic help of others, not necessarily spiritual; and the Bible study is still a year (at least) away. I am a shy person by nature; I have trouble engaging in long conversations with my peers unless the other person is very engaging. I have been reading and hearing a lot lately about "expanding God's kingdom" through multiplication (i.e. taking someone close and being a spiritual mentor for a year or so..letting them hopefully do the same to another person...and then you find a new person to mentor). This sounds great but I don't think I can do it. The idea of actively pursuing someone, especially to speak the Word, which I feel I'm not totally familiar with yet, is daunting.

I guess what I'm asking is for prayer that God gives me the courage to go through with such a task...I feel he's led me in the right direction...setting things up, but I'm nervous. :sad

Thank you.

You have my prayers that I have lifted up on your behalf. This is something that will take earnest time with the Lord to determine if He is Leading you to overcome your obstacles or if you are forcing something you're not being Called to do. My pastor is big into saying no kinds of services should feel like "work", or it might involve strengths we haven't been Gifted with.

But, I don't know... Sometimes He Calls us to stretch.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back