Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Covenant replacement theology

What are your scriptural proof texts for or against this replacement theology theory

• replacement theology is misleading

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • replacement theology is wrong because the Jews are the chosen people

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • God does not distinguish between Judeans or Greeks

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The basic premise behind Covenant replacement theology is that God has abandoned the promises made to Israel allowing them to be fulfilled within His Christian Church instead. However, the theological rhetoric in relation to replacement theology also includes a dual-covenant ideology, which has become an important tenet of mainstream Christianity.

There are two prevalent schools of thought regarding replacement theology expressed within the teachings of Judaism and Judeo-Christianity. We must not view Judaism through the narrow prism of propaganda that has captured the minds of those who have bought into a Judeo-Christian ideology.

For those who are able to escape the false gospel programming, the reality with regards to replacement theology becomes strikingly apparent.

Judeo-Christianity and replacement theology
Although there are variances, the Judeo-Christian dual-covenant doctrine is not an actual replacement theology as such. It is more of a dualistic yet separate plan of redemption for both the Jewish people and the Gentiles. Some believe that the Old Testament Covenant remains valid for the Jews, while the New Covenant applies only to non-Jews.

The prominent view is that God has promised to save all of Israel. Apparently, He will bless those who bless Israel, and His everlasting promise to them is unconditional. We will come back to this a little later in this article.

Romans 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Here is an example of the logic that is part and parcel in facilitating a desired doctrinal interpretation. God must have a special plan for Israel because if He has set apart the patriarchs who are the first fruits of the root, then He must have set apart the lump and the branches also.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

It is taught that we cannot exclude the Jewish people from their original and permanent covenant promises, as they represent the natural seed of Abraham.

• If the covenant promise was made to Abraham and his seed, who does this seed refer to?
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

• Are the Jewish people synonymous with Spiritual Israel, or does this family consist of all who are in Christ?
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus

• Is it not clearly defined that the righteousness of God is only possible through faith in Yahshua the Messiah without the works of the Law (Rom 3:22, 28, Rom 9:32).
Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith

The Judaizers would claim that we can never combine the Church with Israel, as the two are forever separated with unique identities and purposes.

Romans 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect

• After the advent of Christ, who is the Messiah of the Old and New Testament Saints alike, is the creation of a division within His Church Scriptural?
Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

These are important questions that are easily answered when we allow the Word of God to speak to us (John 14:26).

Romans 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises

This study guide is used with permission by the author original article link is to be found below

The basic premise behind Covenant replacement theology is that God has abandoned the promises made to Israel allowing them to be fulfilled within His Christian Church instead. However, the theological rhetoric in relation to replacement theology also includes a dual-covenant ideology, which has become an important tenet of mainstream Christianity.

This study guide is used with permission by the author original article link is to be found below
I went to the page.
Whenever I come across a preacher/teacher/whatever who uses "Yahshuah" instead of Jesus, I see it as a red flag.
Who is this guy trying to impress?
In English, "Yahshuah" is "Jesus". I speak English. The preacher-whatever writes in English. Use Jesus' English name.
It seems affected to me.
Then when he says things like, “Replacement theology is an insult to anyone that possesses even the slightest amount of common sense or spiritual enlightenment.” he insults everyone with a different view or understanding and set himself up are having more common sense and spiritual enlightenment. It is a tactic very much like telling people that if they can't see the emperors new clothes then they are fools. (That sounds a lot like, "If you don't agree with me it's because you're stupid.")

So, I'd put "Destined To Be Revealed Ministries" on my ignore list with all the other ear-tickling theologians have come up in the past almost 2000 years.

what can I say? :shrug

OH! Yeah!

"Proof texts" are a technique used by frauds to lift a little piece of scripture out of scripture to prove their kakamemie ideas. Televangelists do that ALL the time. (And then they tell people to send money for their new prayer tower or jet plane etc..)

Took me some time to get the gist of this article.
1. Covenant replacement theology is supported
2. Modern Judaism is not the biblical faith of Israel

I would say all the promises of God are fulfilled in His people.
We are grafted into His people because Israel failed to follow.
There is only one way to be saved, by having communion with God, and that way is
by Jesus.

Most believers if this was explained to them would actually agree.
The problem is how do we handle Israel in the theological sense, other than it is
confusing, because there is so much injustice and antipathy.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back