Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Covid Vaccine, a Gospel imperative

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Drew

Drew,
At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our own actions and any consequences associated with them.

I am no more responsible for those that don’t get the vaccine than those that do.

The vaccine has shown to be effective in many ways, but it still comes down to personal choices and not everyone has to agree.

When someone chooses not to receive the vaccine, it is their God given right to do so.
Of course people have the right to refuse the vaccine.

Just as they have the right to go out into public when they have the measles.

But both choices merit strong rebuke - it is decidedly anti-gospel to needlessly place others at risk.

HE DID IT.... HE DID IT.... GOOD JOB...... I'm so proud of you.... :approve Sorry the green guy does not look very proud.
What are you saying here? I think you misunderstood me. I am saying that resisting the vaccine is clearly at odds with the gospel imperative. You can call it an "opinion" if you like, but I think it is a very easy case to make.

But both choices merit strong rebuke - it is decidedly anti-gospel to needlessly place others at risk.
What are you calling the gospel?
I would like to better understand your perspective.

Needlessly placing others at risk.
That is opinion at best.

The measles.
Why don't we bring it up to date.
How about a person with aids without any noticeable symptoms walking the aisles of walmart.
Is that more appropriate than measles?
Yet prostitutes continual to do their line of work after being diagnosed with the aids virus.

My point?
You can't control anything.
God is in control.
You can live a reasonably safe life but ultimately, God decides your fate.
You "can not" control it.

Proverbs 16:9: “We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.”

I'm sorry... I actually did not realize this is a new thread... I removed my comment...

Last edited:
as one who has covid despite vaccination .

military ordered us to take anthrax an expiremental drug .it causes heart issues for some .yet the va fights pay out .

the gospel saves souls ,not lives temporarily .while I get the sick thing ask avoid church and work but it's impossible to avoid putting the mail man at risk ,utility worker who must communicate a problem or food delivery .

Needlessly placing others at risk.
That is opinion at best.

The measles.
Why don't we bring it up to date.
How about a person with aids without any noticeable symptoms walking the aisles of walmart.
Is that more appropriate than measles?
Yet prostitutes continual to do their line of work after being diagnosed with the aids virus.

My point?
You can't control anything.
God is in control.
You can live a reasonably safe life but ultimately, God decides your fate.
You "can not" control it.

Proverbs 16:9: “We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.”
Does that mean we don't need to wear seat-belts?

What are you saying here? I think you misunderstood me. I am saying that resisting the vaccine is clearly at odds with the gospel imperative. You can call it an "opinion" if you like, but I think it is a very easy case to make.

Then why haven't you made it.

Quantrill

Then why haven't you made it.

Quantrill
It is self-evident.

Covid is highly contagious.
Covid can seriously harm people.
There is an almost zero-risk vaccine that will greatly reduce the impact of Covid.

Clearly, to avoid the vaccine is to needlessly place others at risk of harm.

How is this not obviously at odds with the gospel imperative to love another?

It is self-evident.

Covid is highly contagious.
Covid can seriously harm people.
There is an almost zero-risk vaccine that will greatly reduce the impact of Covid.

Clearly, to avoid the vaccine is to needlessly place others at risk of harm.

How is this not obviously at odds with the gospel imperative to love another?

Love one another is not the Gospel.

Sounds good and sweet though. I'm sure it will give many the warm fuzzies as they rush to get their vaccine....not!

When I take to the highway in my car or truck...I needlessly put others at risk. The possibility is there that I could kill one or many. It happens daily. Yet there is no one trying to stop people from driving.

If I believed what they said about Covid, I would get the shot. But I don't believe them. The danger is exaggerated. The numbers are exaggerated. And the motive is a lie. In my opinion.

Quantrill

Does wearing a seat belt or not decide whether you trust God?
You decide.

Nope, wearing a seat belt doesn't mean I don't trust God. It means I am following the law and seat belts have been proven to save lives. I trust God to not allowe to get in an accident, up that doesn't take freewill away from others who may be driving drunk or.just recklessly. I-4 I'm looking at you!

Do you not wear one?

Nope, wearing a seat belt doesn't mean I don't trust God. It means I am following the law and seat belts have been proven to save lives. I trust God to not allowe to get in an accident, up that doesn't take freewill away from others who may be driving drunk or.just recklessly. I-4 I'm looking at you!

Do you not wear one?
Yeah, ever since I got ticketed.
Another one of my rights taken away from me.

Yeah, ever since I got ticketed.
Another one of my rights taken away from me.

Really? One of your rights? There is damn good reason for seatbelts. It is so people like me don't have to scrape your brains off the windshield or up off the asphalt.

God, this country and everyone's supposed rights. Moving to another country is looking better and better. I remember when this country didn't act like a bunch of spoiled brats.

Love one another is not the Gospel.
You are playing with technicalities - whatever the precise meaning of the word "gospel" is, it is beyond obvious that

- Christians are supposed to demonstrate love.
- Putting others needlessly at risk is not love.

Do you not wear one?
I-4?
This is where I come from.
1628549374005.png

Really? One of your rights? There is damn good reason for seatbelts. It is so people like me don't have to scrape your brains off the windshield or up off the asphalt.

God, this country and everyone's supposed rights. Moving to another country is looking better and better. I remember when this country didn't act like a bunch of spoiled brats.
Damn good reason?
Nothing in my life is damned.
I belong to Jesus Christ.

When I take to the highway in my car or truck...I needlessly put others at risk. The possibility is there that I could kill one or many. It happens daily. Yet there is no one trying to stop people from driving.
This is not a fair analogy. Given the way the modern world is structured, transportation - getting from A to B - is arguably a necessity. Avoid the vaccine is, of course, not a necessity.

Besides, the risk of you hurting yourself or others on the road is relatively low. By contrast, refusing the vaccine is, I suggest, a much more dangerous choice.

Look at the hell-scape that is Florida right now.

Back