Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Critical Race Theory and Generational Sin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When I say "still is", I am referring to other forms of bigotry, such as when Catholic schools fire long-time professors for being in gay relationships.
I can see where that would be in conflict with what the Catholic Church teaches and within their rights if they are practicing homosexuals. I don't want to discriminate against anyone but don't want to infringe on an organizations right to freedom of religion either. If I can't meet the physical requirements of my job they can fire me. Is that bigotry against people who are out of shape?

I can see where that would be in conflict with what the Catholic Church teaches and within their rights if they are practicing homosexuals. I don't want to discriminate against anyone but don't want to infringe on an organizations right to freedom of religion either. If I can't meet the physical requirements of my job they can fire me. Is that bigotry against people who are out of shape?
And there I think the Catholic church is bigoted, but I don't want to derail this thread with that discussion. I am not saying that the school's actions should be made illegal, it is a private school. What I am saying is that it was still an immoral action.
If I can't meet the physical requirements of my job they can fire me. Is that bigotry against people who are out of shape?
That is practical, not ideological bigotry.

Of course ! We are on the same page about prayer in school . When I talk about prayer in school it is of the silent variety :) . Maybe even before that critical test :study .
This reminds me of a coworker, a mechanical engineer, that adorned his cubicle all over the place with pictures, statues, rosary, pendants, medals, and so forth. He made it a point, or so it seemed, to meditate in prayer often. There were many times when I couldn't help but pray for him as he seemed to have the wrong motive.

Could I have been wrong? Perhaps, but then, he was eventually fired for stealing when it was discovered that he was designing home projects during work hours and then slipping the parts orders in with legitimate project orders to be manufactured so he could take them home. This way the cost for all his parts were paid by either our customers or our company.

Back to the topic, what exactly is CRT (Critical Race Theory)? I seem to be struggling to wrap my brain around this.

And there I think the Catholic church is bigoted, but I don't want to derail this thread with that discussion. I am not saying that the school's actions should be made illegal, it is a private school. What I am saying is that it was still an immoral action.

That is practical, not ideological bigotry.
You make a good point

Back to the topic, what exactly is CRT (Critical Race Theory)? I seem to be struggling to wrap my brain around this.
It's a subset of critical theory that looks at material conditions of racial groups based in US law.

It's the study of the impact and effects the legal system has on people of color.

It came to be when Harvard lawyers were trying to figure out why there were disperate results between racial demographics that could not be explained by previous legal theory.

Basicily the findings is that black people tend to have a weighted disadvantage economicly and legaly based on historical and social patterns in the legal system.

Classes on the subject tend to focus on legal precedents and the history of POC cival rights

This article should help explain CRT and the political issues surrounding it.

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/what-is-critical-race-theory-and-why-is-it-under-attack/2021/05

"Critical race theory is an academic concept that is more than 40 years old. The core idea is that race is a social construct, and that racism is not merely the product of individual bias or prejudice, but also something embedded in legal systems and policies."

The intent of the thread is not to debate the political merits of CRT, or the 1619 project, BLM. etc, but rather to observe the spirit of that debate in our time. Being that the original sin of this country is slavery with a legacy of racism, then it stands to reason that we might consider this could be how the Lord visits the sins of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generations. If these things are how the Lord visits the sins of the fathers, then is it is not a rebellious heart that would seek to create laws making said subjects illegal? What is it that moves the christian nationalists and the republican party to react in the manner that they have?

I have not been told to enter into my rest , so battle on I will .

Sorry to hear that.

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Hebrews 3:18
And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?

Hebrews 4:1-3
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hebrews 4:11
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Sorry to hear that.

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Hebrews 3:18
And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?

Hebrews 4:1-3
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hebrews 4:11
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Thank you for your kind words . My time will come .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back