Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Dating Sites?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
O

otherhalf

Hi - This is my first post!
I'm in the process of setting up Christian dating site. I really want to make it the best one out there as there seems to be a lack of really great ones.

Just wondering if any of you guys had any experience of dating dates?
What good experiences have you had / what bad experiences have you had?
How could online dating for Christians be improved?

I worked for a Christian Dating site's message board at one time and the site just never caught on. My guess is because the majority of of christians are so lukewarm they do not care if their spouse is Christian or not and the most of those who are left do not like the idea of Dating on the internet. I know great relationships can be forged online, but it's not the best place to start looking, God is.

otherhalf said:
Hi - This is my first post!
I'm in the process of setting up Christian dating site. I really want to make it the best one out there as there seems to be a lack of really great ones.

Just wondering if any of you guys had any experience of dating dates?
What good experiences have you had / what bad experiences have you had?
How could online dating for Christians be improved?

Hey otherhalf,

I've been on a few dating sites and the latest I tried was eharmony.com

Honestly, I think I came to the conclusion that they're a horrible waste of money. Did you know everyone thinks they're Christian? I mean everyone, so, really, that doesn't narrow anything down. With eharmony you get "guided" by the site and you ask each other questions and send your "must have's" and "can't stands"

So I've gotten to the "end" with a couple people (where you can start open communication)and realized that they were not really interested in me or getting to know me. A couple of the dudes gave me their numbers and asked me to text them. Lame. They seemed to be on the site just to "hang out" and be paid attention to.

So this is my second time wasting my time and money on a dating site and it will be my last. I feel people lack honesty...even on their height. They're writing down what they think you want to read and, really, I don't feel the majority of men are really looking for anything special. Seems to me they just want a hook up. I went into it being honest about me and what I wanted in life and didn't feel like I was matched up with the "correct" people. I don't know how eharmony matches people up but they don't do a very good job of picking people with similar goals and interests or even characteristics. If I put that height is important, why are you going to match me up with someone that is 5'4''? Nothing wrong with men that are shorter but I'm a giant and would prefer a more giant male, you know?

Ok, that's my opinion. Waste of money and full of liars.

Well I am a member of the site in my sig file. Its very new but has potential since its free. Its not just dating though its more of a community site, They are adding a separate dating profile but it is building its membership before it implements it. Its a friend of mines site but hes give me an email and let me help mold it as far as features. Other members have asked for things like their church online and hes added it so, not really sure where it will end up headed. I hope it makes it as he has a great heart and the features he has implemented are great for the christian faith. (so i try to help a little with my sig file)

Anyways

I would say your dating site should probably be free. Have a decent nav system (doesn't have to look spectacular but probably doesn't hurt. ie plentyoffish.com) . Offer something that others dont (not sure what) and most of all you have to promote it and don't give up. It takes a while but if you work hard getting to the top of google (which should be your goal) is not out of reach. Good luck.

Just curious what was the site, and do you do alot of work for message boards, Hows that work. (interesting)

Blazin Bones said:
I worked for a Christian Dating site's message board at one time and the site just never caught on. My guess is because the majority of of christians are so lukewarm they do not care if their spouse is Christian or not and the most of those who are left do not like the idea of Dating on the internet. I know great relationships can be forged online, but it's not the best place to start looking, God is.

It was about three or four years ago. I had been working around here for about a year and I met a user who was in the early stages of building a Christian Dating site. The URL changed several times so I couldn't tell you if she is still at it or not. This user saw my posts and figured I'd make a good moderator on her site. As it turns out, she wanted me to admin instead.

Anyway, I do have a good five years or so of experience working on Christian message boards. I've moded and admined on at least 8-10 sites including one site I started and owned for about three years. I just find internet ministry as something God has called me to for the time being and I enjoy it most of the time.

I think God can use sites to create or grow romantic relationships, but My guess is they will always get sweeter in person. I know of a couple or two who have started dating online and ended up getting married, so if it can happen I'm sure God can use it to his glory.

I used eharmony one time just for kicks. They couldn't find a match for me of any age or race on the entire planet.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back