Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Deliverance

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Angel

Even though I know the spiritual realm is real, I don't want to be apart of it. I have experienced many spiritual occurrences that don't glorify God. In fact, the ratio of evil:good is 100:1. It's really hard to focus on God when all this spiritual crap is happening. I just want it to go away! I don't seek out these spiritual experiences. They just keep happening. It's hard to deal with this on my own. I've been asking Jesus that his blood would cover my mind and close any evil doorways that the enemy may be manipulating me through... *sigh* it's just not fully delivered.

I don't know how to pray about this anymore, so if my family here could pray, and/or offer me Godly advice I would really appreciate it!!!

<3

Father in heaven, thank You for the good plan You have for Angel life. Lord I know that there is nothing impossible that you can't do. I boldly come to the throne of grace and mercy for help. LORD you said in Psalm 34:17, "The righteous cry, and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles." LORD I cry out for my Sister in Christ, your daughter and ask that you do what you promise and deliver Angel from all her troubles. I ask that You give her a heart that is steadfast and fixed on You. Fill Angel with Your peace, joy, perseverance, and your prescribed order victory so she can live in victory all the days of her life. Help Angel set her mind on You and boldly embrace the good things You have for her today in Jesus’ name - I pray and ask. Amen.

Paul’s thorn in the flesh.

“Now 2 Cor 12:8. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice. Even after he knew why he had it he still prayed and there’s nothing wrong with that. He still prayed thrice that the Lord would take it away, and the answer was still no, I’m not going to take it away, and we may find the same thing in our lives that even though we may know that God is doing this for a purpose, yet we still continue to pray even three times that it might be, depart from me. The beauty of it here is that anytime you call on the Lord in such faith He will answer you. He will not ignore you, God did not ignore Paul, He did not take away this thorn in the flesh, but neither did He ignore what the apostle said. He still gave him a glorious answer and that answer is the theme of this particular portion. He said unto me in 2 Cor 12:9, My grace is sufficient for thee. Remember, God gives grace to the humble, and so He held Paul in this state of humility in order that He might reveal even more of His grace, and Paul learned through this. My grace is sufficient; yes I wanted to be delivered, yes I wanted to get rid of that thorn in the flesh, but I don’t have to get rid of it in order to go on with the Lord.”

My grace is sufficient. Grace will come in as the power in order to take me on beyond even this present situation, and then Paul spells it out even more. My strength is made perfect in weakness. Simply stated, that means that we are going to have to experience weakness in order to really know, and understand His strength; there’s no other way to learn it. God has to weaken us to the point where we truly rely upon His, and not simply rely, but we learn what His strength actually is, and what it can do, and so my strength is made perfect in weakness.

We have our choice once again. We can feel bad toward God, we can blame God because we didn’t get what we wanted, or let’s hope we do this: most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities. That’s contrary to all nature. Who wants to glory in the infirmities that they have in the natural? None of us do, we just as well be honest about that. We’re not thrilled to death with our ears gone, our eyes gone, everything else gone, but if we are brought more and more to a place of dependence, and if we are brought to a place where we can honestly say I will glory in my infirmities; why? Because I love to suffer so much? No, I will glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me, the power of Christ is manifest in my life, and that is exactly what we want for our experience, and this is where that the power of divine grace which has sustained and enabled Paul as we see here. That same power also enables us just exactly the same way as the grace enabled Jesus to go to the cross.
Gene Hawkins summer Youth Camp Seminar excerpt.

And then we come to you saying that the spiritual world is 100:1 evil you want no part of; I wouldn’t either. The revelation of you reading New Age, or any other source than God for your help is a definite clue to as to the door being open for satanic attack. The door can be closed for a season by resisting the devil; he will flee from you. Let’s use the perfect example when Jesus was tempted three times by Satan, and there was one defence: IT IS WRITTEN. Now we might think that Jesus being God in the flesh would have made this as nothing to Him, but no. In Mat 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him. This same resistance, humility, and reliance upon our Father carried Him to the cross for us. Sister Angel, we are in a war and one wins; the one that is in Christ which you are. You’ve already conquered death in our Savior as you’re seated in the heavens with Him, and now we run a race to actually win Christ. It becomes no longer me, but Christ in me Who is the victor. Is there no longer a need to resist? Well we read in Luke 4:13 how that the devil leaveth him for a season. We have war from generation to generation with Amalek; that very figure of our flesh. (Exo 17:16), but I also have good news. It is finished, the battle is over and Jesus is Lord. As the song say, many of these battles are of our making.

My prayer? Dear Father, please bring this dear sister to me in Christ to know of Your will for her, the reason she suffers these different things, and allow her to experience the peace that passes understanding knowing that You which has begun a good work in her will continue to perform it until the Day of Jesus Christ. Thank You Father, and I give You the glory for this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen. I hope you enjoy the following video. :hug

Even though I know the spiritual realm is real, I don't want to be apart of it. I have experienced many spiritual occurrences that don't glorify God. In fact, the ratio of evil:good is 100:1. It's really hard to focus on God when all this spiritual crap is happening. I just want it to go away! I don't seek out these spiritual experiences. They just keep happening. It's hard to deal with this on my own. I've been asking Jesus that his blood would cover my mind and close any evil doorways that the enemy may be manipulating me through... *sigh* it's just not fully delivered.

I don't know how to pray about this anymore, so if my family here could pray, and/or offer me Godly advice I would really appreciate it!!!

<3

The persons who come before Him with a "whole heart" do come with the presence of evil within us. There isn't much point in trying to "hide" it or cover it up. Jesus knows everything we are on the inside. We however, because we are coming before Him, fear to "expose" what is really within, and will instead, seek to hide this internal reality.

In other words, coming before Jesus as a phony, claiming we are something that we are not, isn't much good. What we might find in such reasonings, is that our own heart is being reflected to us, and He will lead us not to "reason" with the evil present with us, but to steer clear of it. We most often think it's "just us" but it's not. Jesus will show us not to be the slave or the "reasoner" with evil's presence, as it can be very confusing. We bring this before Him to quench.

Posers however will be led into deceptions. Dishonesty begets multiplication in Gods Hands too.

Best just to be honest and exposed. You know what is in you. He knows too. Keep it a friendly relationship and you'll be just fine. In any case He Is our Ally.

Paul’s thorn in the flesh.

“Now 2 Cor 12:8. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice. Even after he knew why he had it he still prayed and there’s nothing wrong with that. He still prayed thrice that the Lord would take it away, and the answer was still no, I’m not going to take it away, and we may find the same thing in our lives that even though we may know that God is doing this for a purpose, yet we still continue to pray even three times that it might be, depart from me. The beauty of it here is that anytime you call on the Lord in such faith He will answer you. He will not ignore you, God did not ignore Paul, He did not take away this thorn in the flesh, but neither did He ignore what the apostle said. He still gave him a glorious answer and that answer is the theme of this particular portion. He said unto me in 2 Cor 12:9, My grace is sufficient for thee. Remember, God gives grace to the humble, and so He held Paul in this state of humility in order that He might reveal even more of His grace, and Paul learned through this. My grace is sufficient; yes I wanted to be delivered, yes I wanted to get rid of that thorn in the flesh, but I don’t have to get rid of it in order to go on with the Lord.”

My grace is sufficient. Grace will come in as the power in order to take me on beyond even this present situation, and then Paul spells it out even more. My strength is made perfect in weakness. Simply stated, that means that we are going to have to experience weakness in order to really know, and understand His strength; there’s no other way to learn it. God has to weaken us to the point where we truly rely upon His, and not simply rely, but we learn what His strength actually is, and what it can do, and so my strength is made perfect in weakness.

We have our choice once again. We can feel bad toward God, we can blame God because we didn’t get what we wanted, or let’s hope we do this: most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities. That’s contrary to all nature. Who wants to glory in the infirmities that they have in the natural? None of us do, we just as well be honest about that. We’re not thrilled to death with our ears gone, our eyes gone, everything else gone, but if we are brought more and more to a place of dependence, and if we are brought to a place where we can honestly say I will glory in my infirmities; why? Because I love to suffer so much? No, I will glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me, the power of Christ is manifest in my life, and that is exactly what we want for our experience, and this is where that the power of divine grace which has sustained and enabled Paul as we see here. That same power also enables us just exactly the same way as the grace enabled Jesus to go to the cross.
Gene Hawkins summer Youth Camp Seminar excerpt.

And then we come to you saying that the spiritual world is 100:1 evil you want no part of; I wouldn’t either. The revelation of you reading New Age, or any other source than God for your help is a definite clue to as to the door being open for satanic attack. The door can be closed for a season by resisting the devil; he will flee from you. Let’s use the perfect example when Jesus was tempted three times by Satan, and there was one defence: IT IS WRITTEN. Now we might think that Jesus being God in the flesh would have made this as nothing to Him, but no. In Mat 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him. This same resistance, humility, and reliance upon our Father carried Him to the cross for us. Sister Angel, we are in a war and one wins; the one that is in Christ which you are. You’ve already conquered death in our Savior as you’re seated in the heavens with Him, and now we run a race to actually win Christ. It becomes no longer me, but Christ in me Who is the victor. Is there no longer a need to resist? Well we read in Luke 4:13 how that the devil leaveth him for a season. We have war from generation to generation with Amalek; that very figure of our flesh. (Exo 17:16), but I also have good news. It is finished, the battle is over and Jesus is Lord. As the song say, many of these battles are of our making.

My prayer? Dear Father, please bring this dear sister to me in Christ to know of Your will for her, the reason she suffers these different things, and allow her to experience the peace that passes understanding knowing that You which has begun a good work in her will continue to perform it until the Day of Jesus Christ. Thank You Father, and I give You the glory for this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen. I hope you enjoy the following video. :hug

Hey Eugene. I never thought these troubles to be a thorn in the flesh. I just thought I was being punished over and over. But that makes sense... I appreciate what you wrote. It gave me a new perspective.

I don't believe in New Age stuff. I just brought it up to discuss.

Hey Eugene. I never thought these troubles to be a thorn in the flesh. I just thought I was being punished over and over. But that makes sense... I appreciate what you wrote. It gave me a new perspective.

No, you're not being repunished for anything. Not by God.Someone else may wish to make your life challenging though.
Here's a thought for you. Ask God to use this for His glory. :)

hi. I don't have a whole lotta insight to offer. My cousin, he does a deliverance ministry (as best I can tell, it involves intense counseling and prayer), and he recommended a bunch of books by Chip Ingram on "Spiritual Warfare" for me. I loaded up and haven't gotten thru most of them, but what I've read has been helpful.

Other than that...I'll keep you up in prayer, as always. I imagine the internet is chock full of stuff that might be helpful, although you'll need discernment to find what you really need.

:)

<3

Hey Angel, Lord has me working on a book called "how to deal with devils" Watching a bunch of youtube video's on people possessed (A whole school full of kids even) Nothing in the video's gave info on what to do about it. That is when the Lord started to deal with me on getting out information on what to do. Your not alone, I know lots of folks and lots of situations people have experienced what they call the supernatural, I even have a physical scare on my nose from a stupid devil as I was trying to help my brother in the lord, this thing tried to stop me, much like it did Paul from preaching that Eugene mentioned.

Devils mostly manifest in ways we never notice and take on motivational roles in people's lives. This is how they get their evil kingdom work done. However, there are lots of cases of people hearing their name being called out at night, covers pulled under the bed, things always being misplaced and other silly stuff devils do.

Anyway, would like to speak with you and just listen. God always has a solution in every situation is different.

You can reach me on skype or hangouts.

Skype teachingforjesus@gmx.com
Mike H

Hangouts: Jesusislord2009@gmail.com

Anyone is welcome to talk with me. Victory is always ours.
Mike.

Here is an interesting discernment short test:

Acts 16:
15 And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

So, observations:

A. Was she telling the truth in that red bolded statement?

Yes or No?

IF no, HOW did Paul know it was a LIE from a spirit of divination?

And an added bonus, what identical pattern is shown to us in the events, cited from a N.T. Gospel statement, starting from the first verse cited?

Hey Angel, Lord has me working on a book called "how to deal with devils" Watching a bunch of youtube video's on people possessed (A whole school full of kids even) Nothing in the video's gave info on what to do about it. That is when the Lord started to deal with me on getting out information on what to do. Your not alone, I know lots of folks and lots of situations people have experienced what they call the supernatural, I even have a physical scare on my nose from a stupid devil as I was trying to help my brother in the lord, this thing tried to stop me, much like it did Paul from preaching that Eugene mentioned.

Devils mostly manifest in ways we never notice and take on motivational roles in people's lives. This is how they get their evil kingdom work done. However, there are lots of cases of people hearing their name being called out at night, covers pulled under the bed, things always being misplaced and other silly stuff devils do.

Anyway, would like to speak with you and just listen. God always has a solution in every situation is different.

You can reach me on skype or hangouts.

Skype teachingforjesus@gmx.com
Mike H

Hangouts: Jesusislord2009@gmail.com

Anyone is welcome to talk with me. Victory is always ours.
Mike.
Im not sure I really want to talk about it, but I appreciate the offer. It will just bring up trauma.

Im not sure I really want to talk about it, but I appreciate the offer. It will just bring up trauma.
It's not trauma, Jesus said and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. Freedom comes from knowing and knowing what to expect. However, I also often find to fix things a person sometimes has to let go of other things and the person would rather hold on to those things than to be free of fear and have complete peace.

I women I worked with for 6 months could not believe she could be free of Bi-polar and schizophrenia. 1,200 dollars a month in mind changing medications is what she depended on and a check from the government to feed and take care of her boys.

Well, about 6 months of meditating in the word and working with her, it occurred to her that she could be free. The word does that, it builds a foundation of faith that can't be shaken. However, the Next issue I had to overcome with her is that if she is free, she no longer gets money from the government and no supply to take care of her boys. Good news is that years later she has been free, free of meds, free of fear and doing awesome things for God, teaching kids the Word.

It's often the prospect of change, people don't want to let go of their live in partners, their drinking, their porn, they just want a prayer that fixes things. The real anointing and help from God comes in finding out what it is that is the hold up, and often a person that needs help does not even know.

Anyway, you have my contact ministry info. God bless.
Mike.

Angel. Mike is a great guy. He knows what he's talking about. As a teacher on faith, He's tops in my book. Since he has offered to give you help, if I were you, I'd take him up on his offer....Just saying.

It's about healing from abuse/emotional pain. My family never hurt me, but other people have. I've been raped 3 times, experienced hellish trauma (including spiritual), used drugs with bad people, was homeless for 6 months. That was pretty scary. God is VERY merciful! I have attempted suicide twice. First cutting myself and getting sepsis, once from swallowing an entire bottle of muscle relaxers. I've been hospitalized 6 times. That's the summary of it. I really hope this book helps. The Psalms help me. The Gosples help me. Job helps.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back