Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Demand to your leaders

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Meriam Yehya Ibrahim was sentenced to death for 'apostasy' as she refused to renounce her Christian faith. Meriam is on death row with her newborn baby girl and her 20-month-old son.

Her husband was a US citizen therefore her and her children are US citizens but more importantly they are you family...pray fervently and if you can please write your leaders

Unfortunately because a foreigner marries an a US citizen they are not automatically a US citizen and neither are their children.

Cases in point. Obama and the birthers claim. They claim that Obama cannot be legally the president because they believe he was born in Africa rather than the US, even though his mother was born and raised in the US as was her family for generations.
The same claim was made about John Cain because he was not born in the US but on a naval ship outside of US waters.

Unfortunately because a foreigner marries an a US citizen they are not automatically a US citizen and neither are their children.

Cases in point. Obama and the birthers claim. They claim that Obama cannot be legally the president because they believe he was born in Africa rather than the US, even though his mother was born and raised in the US as was her family for generations.
The same claim was made about John Cain because he was not born in the US but on a naval ship outside of US waters.

You are incorrect Deb on one point and correct on another ...any child of a US citizen is automatically (by birth) a natural US citizen as soon as they enter the country...Legal Advice tells me "Although the "citizenship by birth" rules have been complex, the February 2001 Child Citizenship Act (CCA) simplified the process. Now, a child who is under the age of 18, was born outside the U.S., and has at least one U.S. citizen parent automatically acquires U.S. citizenship upon entry into the country as an immigrant. No further paperwork is necessary." So if the kids have NEVER been here they are not counted as citizens...

as for the mom you are correct I asked a friend and a spouse is automatically Green Card approved but NOT a citizen

So great point...I love to learn...

Paul

You are incorrect Deb on one point and correct on another ...any child of a US citizen is automatically (by birth) a natural US citizen as soon as they enter the country...Legal Advice tells me "Although the "citizenship by birth" rules have been complex, the February 2001 Child Citizenship Act (CCA) simplified the process. Now, a child who is under the age of 18, was born outside the U.S., and has at least one U.S. citizen parent automatically acquires U.S. citizenship upon entry into the country as an immigrant. No further paperwork is necessary." So if the kids have NEVER been here they are not counted as citizens...

as for the mom you are correct I asked a friend and a spouse is automatically Green Card approved but NOT a citizen

So great point...I love to learn...

Paul

Thank you too, Paul. I didn't know they had changed that law, I'm glad to see they did.

Many of us have been praying for her since the early days of her imprisonment. Efforts that were made to our State Department, on behalf of her husband, has not achieved anything. Will some action on the part of the State Department be done to achieve her release? Only time will tell. And that's why our prayers are so crucial in this case - and cases like this.

She was raised a Christian, married a Christian man. Her 'crime'? She refused to covert to Islam.

cain is a us citizen because he was born on a naval vessel. that is mentioned in the constitution.

cain is a us citizen because he was born on a naval vessel. that is mentioned in the constitution.

Yes, I know, that however does not change the fact that some tried to say he was not. They were clearly wrong.
The point was that because his parents were citizens it did not make him a citizen.

I'm very glad to see that the law has been changed.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back