Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Destruction of America and rapture

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If prophecy was about the destruction of the United Kingdom I'd be worried.

I think Britain is mentioned in prophecy (i.e. the Lion). The Brexit issue could relate to America's destruction in that it hasn't done any favours for itself among it's European neighbours. When America is destroyed, what friends will England have left after all this?

DAN 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

In other words, it ceases to be a "Beast", or world power. This is consistent with the current political alignment of various world alliances. Look at the U.N. All the animals in both Daniel and the Revelation are major players in the political vehicle of Nations which are United.

When America is destroyed, what friends will England have left after all this?

DAN 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

In other words, it ceases to be a "Beast", or world power. This is consistent with the current political alignment of various world alliances. Look at the U.N. All the animals in both Daniel and the Revelation are major players in the political vehicle of Nations which are United.

You say that as if it's a foregone conclusion.

You'd do yourself better to understand beasts and animals and fowls as it relates to prophecy.

Revelation tells us clearly for example what "the beast" represents.

Revelation 16:
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Do you really think these nations that are supposedly going to be destroyed are not internally driven by the unseen powers above, and that scripture doesn't show us the REAL problem drivers behind the flesh people of any nations?

And if Rev. is true above, to which there are huge numbers of correlating scriptures, then it stands to reason these powers are what the scriptures speak of.

There are also animals, beasts and fowls representative of the other side of the ledgers, those whom God in Christ is with as well. FOR EXAMPLE:

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

And have you not "heard" that Jesus Himself is noted as the Lion of the tribe of Judah?

Revelation 5:5
And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Conversely our adversary, the devil, is also likened to a lion, here for example:

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Looking at the nations of flesh men will not get prophecy understandings off the dime without understanding the spiritual impetus behind these matters, both from God's causes and quests and those of the spiritually wicked adversaries, unseen.

Things of prophecy particularly on the destruction side of the ledgers are seldom, if ever, solely referring to what we see with our flesh eyes.

Revelation 6:8
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Rev. 6:8 does NOT mean that a fourth of the people on earth are going to be killed by literal wild beasts, literal swords or literal hunger.

The destruction of nations/kingdoms as it relates to Revelation will be the destruction of ALL nations and all kingdoms, as they are ALL Divinely slated to become the kingdoms of God in Christ:

Revelation 11:15
And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

I think Britain is mentioned in prophecy (i.e. the Lion). The Brexit issue could relate to America's destruction in that it hasn't done any favours for itself among it's European neighbours. When America is destroyed, what friends will England have left after all this?

Dan7:4 is about pagan Babylon and how it was influenced positively by it's Jewish captives until even Nebuchadnezzar acknowledged the God of Israel.

Dan7:4 is about pagan Babylon and how it was influenced positively by it's Jewish captives until even Nebuchadnezzar acknowledged the God of Israel.

That's one interpretation. But the beasts that Daniel mentioned in relation to one another also just happen to be the same beasts mentioned in the Revelation (i.e. lion, Bear, leopard etc.)

A lot of posters probably weren't around at the time, but I vividly remember a certain rage among fleshly sighted believers who swore this was the "mark of the beast" and "thee anti-Christ" from the Russian bear nation. Was it? Uh, no. It was just another fleshly bunch of utter nonsense. But scores of believers where totally convinced it was the case.

View attachment 9281

I am that old LOL
I am old enough to remember lots of the same type of thing.
7 years after 1948 was to be rapture
then it was changed to a generation after 1948
then no would agree on what a generation was
every time Europe tried to unite in some way it was the 10 nations
in about 1956 i first heard the 1000 year stuff starting at creation .
and how it could be any time because the days would be shortened for the elect.
lest not even go to the ungodly Late great planet earth. trash.

I am that old LOL
I am old enough to remember lots of the same type of thing.
7 years after 1948 was to be rapture
then it was changed to a generation after 1948
then no would agree on what a generation was
every time Europe tried to unite in some way it was the 10 nations
in about 1956 i first heard the 1000 year stuff starting at creation .
and how it could be any time because the days would be shortened for the elect.
lest not even go to the ungodly Late great planet earth. trash.

I remember all of those as well. [sigh]

And at a certain point in my life (after being exposed to countless lies and deceptions and divisions "in the churches") I recognized that there were a lot of deceived believers. And that if "I" wanted to understand things about Revelation, I would have to go to Christ and ask Him to teach me, from His Word, what these matters really are about. And I think I did learn some things that are entirely credible that all of us should be able to agree on.

One of those foundation points is this. That the end time really IS about the destruction of Satan and his messengers. Now this may sound quite simple, yet in ALL of these vast array of "fantasy stories" it's most often just a by-line or a footnote, and NOT the fulcrum of understandings. And instead believers always always always focus on the fleshly external, which really has little to do with the real spiritual narratives.

Last edited:
You may have read my story about AA Allen before... I was about 9 years old and saw the deception clearly... the 'demon' was a bull frog.. the kind you fry the legs of how do ya keep a demon in a jar? and the Mark of God in the foreheads of the women were crooked .. I remember saying to mom (in my 9 or so years of logic) if God put those marks there they woudl be straight.. that was the mid 50s.

You may have read my story about AA Allen before... I was about 9 years old and saw the deception clearly... the 'demon' was a bull frog.. the kind you fry the legs of how do ya keep a demon in a jar? and the Mark of God in the foreheads of the women were crooked .. I remember saying to mom (in my 9 or so years of logic) if God put those marks there they woudl be straight.. that was the mid 50s.

Good catch as a kid. Yes, there is a spiritual connection of the mark to "crookedness" for sure.

You might have noticed that few crooked know they are crooked. Scripturally speaking it's not possible for them to know, because they are, for a fact, demonically blinded, and can not perceive their spiritual binding or their mark.

Don't hate upon Hal Lindsey.what to do if the European Union falls apart?

Ezekiel 21:7
And it shall be, when they say unto thee, Wherefore sighest thou? that thou shalt answer, For the tidings; because it cometh: and every heart shall melt, and all hands shall be feeble, and every spirit shall faint, and all knees shall be weak as water: behold, it cometh, and shall be brought to pass, saith the Lord God.

Only America? nay

A lot of posters probably weren't around at the time, but I vividly remember a certain rage among fleshly sighted believers who swore this was the "mark of the beast" and "thee anti-Christ" from the Russian bear nation. Was it? Uh, no. It was just another fleshly bunch of utter nonsense. But scores of believers where totally convinced it was the case.

So, what; lots of people being mistaken in their beliefs validates your personal interpretation? There have been plenty of abuses based on people spiritualizing scripture to the point that they make it say whatever they want to say. The problem isn't that people try to find meaning between prophecy and world events, but rather that they rarely listen to God when formulating their interpretations.

Any ideas about who this is?

Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

So, what; lots of people being mistaken in their beliefs validates your personal interpretation? There have been plenty of abuses based on people spiritualizing scripture to the point that they make it say whatever they want to say. The problem isn't that people try to find meaning between prophecy and world events, but rather that they rarely listen to God when formulating their interpretations.
I take the words of Jesus literally,you ,soon,standING here.literally

So, what; lots of people being mistaken in their beliefs validates your personal interpretation?

It's not my "personal interpretation that Mr. Gorbachev is not the anti-Christ. It just happened to be one of a virtual myriad of phony slants on end time and thee anti-Christ. If you've been around long enough you'd have seen plenty of it. I consider your slant just another "one of those" slants and have showed you why. Not that I expect people who get into these various slants to change their minds. They seldom do. Just like we have scads and scores of believers who think the Jews or the Pope are the bad guys. They are all in short, nonsense.

I take the words of Jesus literally,you ,soon,standING here.literally

Okay, but your view of what those words literally mean can be quite different to another's point of view as to what those words literally mean. When you're dealing with a supernatural being who is able to exist outside of time, space, matter, it's probably good to be flexible about what opinion-based words (like "soon" and "near") mean in the context of the bigger picture.

I think it's like that with the destruction of America or any interpretation of prophecy. We should have the confidence to put forward various theories but we also need the flexibility to reinterpret, reassess, learn, grow, and change.

Okay, but your view of what those words literally mean can be quite different to another's point of view as to what those words literally mean. When you're dealing with a supernatural being who is able to exist outside of time, space, matter, it's probably good to be flexible about what opinion-based words (like "soon" and "near") mean in the context of the bigger picture.

I think it's like that with the destruction of America or any interpretation of prophecy. We should have the confidence to put forward various theories but we also need the flexibility to reinterpret, reassess, learn, grow, and change.

The context is often missed by you types. Lord when shall these things be?

Skip down to there shall not any stone be left untouched,some of you standing here shall not die until All These things come to pass.Jesus spoke the apostles didn't interpret what he said the quoted him as they heard him.some recorded the same exact things others didn't and heard other things all verified by those that were there per church tradition.

If you want to debate word meanings as Paul thought he would be alive at the return ,doesn't negate the statement,we that are alive at his return meant Paul too.

Or do think that the apostles were wrong and lying when they said repent for the kingdom of God is nigh even at the gates.surely they preached those very words.that's not some distant event it's here and now.

This doesn't mean I ignore obvious contexts.Matthew 24 has one,the first audience had to know those symbols. Others was watch and pray is pointless as what are they watching for? Of course as in have read up on eschatology I realized how little the church knows.partial preterism is and was around then.depending on the commentator it was taught or not taught. I believe my case works. Unless you are looking for and can explain how all isn't really all and Isreal won't go back into captivity as look up for the redemption draweth nigh has a caveat of all these things must come to pass then the gathering by the angels .another post and or thread .

The beasts in Daniel and Revelation are similar and so similar one helps to know what the first is ,so that the second set is understood.

Any ideas about who this is?

Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Obviously it's the first century romanized Jewish leadership.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back