Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Detroit Lions are on the Threshold

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
GO SAN FRAN!

(me laying on the therapists couch) ... so then, she says, "Go San Fran!". Why would theLords say that, Mr. Therapist? Does she hate me that much?

(therapist). Take heart, Mike. Who could possibly hate you? I suspect this is a classic case of "Lions envy". She hates that her Resins are irrelevant and that they'll never again be as good as your Lions. Why don't you give her my number, and tell her she should call and make an appointment? I don't believe I need to see you anymore, but this theLords concerns me greatly.

(me) You're brilliant. Simply brilliant.

A slight setback today with the Lions' first loss of the season. :nono2 I've spent my life dealing with Lions losses, and this was weird, because I realized this is the first time since game 12 of last year's season. Now all the radio heads are "would have - should have - could having" this thing to death. It's just one game. San Fran is a good team, but both teams played lousy. San Fran just played less lousy.

Two more games before our week off and the big Mike/Marty/Joshua road trip to Soldier Field. Here's praying we walk in there 8-1 and walk out 9-1!

I have also jumped on to the Lions bandwagon. As for my beloved Philadelphia Eagles...And my beloved Philadelphia Phillies....And my beloved military football teams...

I have also jumped on to the Lions bandwagon. As for my beloved Philadelphia Eagles...And my beloved Philadelphia Phillies....And my beloved military football teams...

Glad to make room for you, Vince! :thumbsup

Come on, now! Unless someone is a Bears, Vikings or Packers slappy, how can they deny the Lions finally enjoying some success? Haters... every single one of 'em.

"Cold hearted orb that rules the night, removes the colors from our sight. Red is grey, and yellow white. But we decide which one is right... and which is an illusion."

Am I the victim of another Lions illusion again? Have I been drinking the cool-aide? Have I been eating the cornbread? How many times have I been filled with false hope, only to have it dashed by the grim reality of the Lions ineptitude?

"But, no, it can't be true. I could fly if I wanted to. Like a bird in the sky, I believe I can fly. Why, I'd flyyyyyyyy!"

We'll lick our wounds and head off to Denver before the bye-week. Time to man-up and put up a fight! :thumbsup

As much as I don't really like the city of Detroit, the Lions have managed their franchise well for the past few years, made great draft picks, moved well in free agency and generally have owned their turnaround.

As a fan of a team who has also struggled for the past 20-30 years (Cleveland Browns), I offer my congrats haha.

As much as I don't really like the city of Detroit, the Lions have managed their franchise well for the past few years, made great draft picks, moved well in free agency and generally have owned their turnaround.

As a fan of a team who has also struggled for the past 20-30 years (Cleveland Browns), I offer my congrats haha.
Coming from a resident of "The Mistake on the Lake" (Cleveland, for other's benefit), I'll take that comment for what it's worth. boooooo!

Just kidding, brother! :lol

If Detroit could do what Cleveland has done with their city, we wouldn't need the Lions to make life tolerable. I'm don't actually live in Detroit, but in a moment of honesty, it's... not good. Thanks for the Lions props, though. We finally feel like we're enjoying success that's not all smoke and mirrors. Top down, they're doing things right. If this season doesn't work out, I believe for the first time in my 44 years there will be good years ahead.

BTW, welcome to CFnet! You're not one of those Buckeye fans, are you? :verysick

A nice 45-10 beat-down by the Lions, and they head into the bye-week on a high note. This is the first complete game they've played since they destroyed K.C. in week 2. So we have the week to rest up and get well before our annual road trip with my friend and my son! :) This year we travel to Chicago to see our Lions play the Bears. Very nice! :yes

Man, I was getting worried about those Lions!
Meanwhile, my Eagles beat the Cowboys, so I've had my Bowl Game victory.

Don't worry. Let me do the worrying for you... There. That's over. I'm confident now! :yes

--------------

In about 31 hours, our train departs from Royal Oak, Michigan bound for Chicago, and I am pumped! Hopefully, we can spot some Lions swag on the train and give a few fist-pumps!

We've road tripped for 1 game each year for the past 8 years, and this is the first time we can travel with confidence. Usually we have our "awe shucks" demeanor about us as we head into a sure defeat, but this year will be different. The Lions, who set an NFL record for the most consecutive road losses only a few years ago, are undefeated on the road in 2011. We started off 6-2 about 4 years ago, but we all knew it was smoke & mirrors. This year it is all about depth and talent. No smoke - no mirrors. Intimidation at the line. Execution everywhere else.

When the Lions went winless :sad only 3 seasons ago, they had 3 interceptions all year. After 1/2 of the 2011 campaign in the books, they have 11! The secondary was supposed to be a liability this year, but it has actually been a strength; probably benefiting from the fiercest defensive line in the NFL.

I cannot wait for this trip! Early Monday morning the train heads back from Chicago on the heals of another win! We'll be 7-2, bound for the playoffs! :thumbsup

*sniff* :sad

Turns out, people in Chicago aren't very nice at all. Those Bears would hardly let Lions play with the ball. They kept taking it away. If they weren't knocking it out the Lions' hands, they were running in front of Stafford's passes intended for his teammates. What's that all about?

What's the point of going out there, Lions and fans alike, if that's the way they're going to play. I think their coach was even encouraging it. :shame

Are the fabulous Lions heading back into mediocrity?

Of course, the way they've been playing the last several years, mediocrity would be an improvement.

All things considered, it's still the NFL where home field rules, and it's only 1 week. The NFL fights for home field advantage in the playoffs because it matters so much. They blew the Bears out in total offensive yards, but turnovers ruled the day. I'll give Stafford the benefit of the doubt since he had a broken finger on his throwing hand, and the wind was busting all day long.

If/when they win at home against Carolina, they will have their shot against Green Bay at home where they beat them last year. Divisional games are always tough on the road. I can see the Lions winning both.

Sorry but the Packers will take care of the Lions.

Well, my cheese-head brother, I'll be posting here after Thanksgiving either way. Will you? ;)

Clearly, the Packers are the best team in the league... (Sorry. I threw up in my mouth a little there.) ... but I stand by my statement.

Well, another slow start for the Lions, allowing 27 points in the first half. But they battened down the hatches. After Stafford threw 2 picks, he settled down and ended up 28/36 with well over 300 yards. :thumbsup The defense started hitting Cam Newton and forced him into 4 picks himself. I never realized how big he is until I saw him live!

The Packers are up in 4 days. They snuck away with a tough win at home against the Bucks. I think the pressure is starting to get to them. Thanksgiving will be one of their biggest tests on the road in Detroit, and I feel good about the Lions' chances! :yes

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back