Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did Adam Choose to fail?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Adam choose to eat the forbiden fruit which led to sin. The garden not having this tree would be a lack of freewill which is part of God's plan.

Adam made the mistake of listening to his wife... :screwloose

.....Anyone still reading? :gah

Seriously, though, I once heard that one possibility of Adam's (not Eve's - she was clearly deceived by the serpent) sin was that he was a coward. He waited to see if Eve died, and when she didn't he went ahead and ate, too. This idea is strengthened (in my opinion) by the fact that when God asks about it, the first thing Adam says is, "She made me do it!" - That's from the Matthew G Paraphrase Version ;)

But yeah, the first thing Adam did was blame his wife (Genesis 3:11-12). That sounds pretty cowardly to me.

"And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression." 1 Timothy 2:14

Adam choose to sin.

Why?

The temptation was "you won't die...you will be like God, knowing good and evil"...

The lie that Eve was deceived with was "you shall not die"... The part about being "like God" in the instance of knowing good and evil, wasn't a lie. After all, we certainly do know about good and evil...

So, Adam, because we are told he was not deceived, must have realized that he would die, but nonetheless decided that being like God and knowing good and evil were worth it.

"And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression." 1 Timothy 2:14

Adam choose to sin.

Why?

The temptation was "you won't die...you will be like God, knowing good and evil"...

The lie that Eve was deceived with was "you shall not die"... The part about being "like God" in the instance of knowing good and evil, wasn't a lie. After all, we certainly do know about good and evil...

So, Adam, because we are told he was not deceived, must have realized that he would die, but nonetheless decided that being like God and knowing good and evil were worth it.

Amen!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back